Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Guitar Hero: World Tour

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 26th, 2008, 3:17 am

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
Well, just picked up my copy of the guitar kit about 3 hours ago. So far its pretty good. I wish the hammer-ons were easier, but oh well I'll get used to it. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is planning on buying it. The first few songs on the expert guitar list are super easy, but I have seen fun songs while playing online. I will try out the rest of the band stuff when my friends and I get together later today.

If you are buying, feel free to post your gamertags.

<--If you plan on buying Guitar Hero: On Tour please use this amazon link for your purchase-->

Post October 26th, 2008, 9:05 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Not sure if I am going to get it. Not a big fan of the GH games. But here is my gamertag.

Post October 26th, 2008, 10:54 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post October 26th, 2008, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
As soon as I get my 360 back, I will be getting Gutiar Hero: World Tour, Rock Band 2, and Rock Revolution!

Post October 26th, 2008, 12:04 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I plan on getting it eventually. My brother took Rock Band and Rock Band 2 up to college with him, so my mom is letting me get this one.

Post October 26th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Well, I know I'll at least get the game, but I'm not sure about all these ridiculous drum sets and stuff...I don't know what the price for GH is, but I think the Rock Band one is something like $300...

I'll get the game though, for sure.

Post October 26th, 2008, 3:12 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Post October 27th, 2008, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Post October 27th, 2008, 12:47 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Post October 27th, 2008, 5:39 pm

GH World Tour is around $200, but I suck hardcore at drums so I skipped out on that and got the Guitar Kit for $100.

But if you have a good guitar from a previous game, I would recommend just buying the game. The new guitar isn't all that great, and I think the slider pad is pointless. I don't even use it.

Post October 28th, 2008, 8:11 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'd like to get it all, but I thnik i am just gonmna get the game, so much cheaper.

edit: so wait, is world tour compatible with the guitar hero 3 controllers? because if it is, that thing is goin' on my christmas list sharpish! [:D]

Post October 28th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Post November 1st, 2008, 8:35 am

Post November 1st, 2008, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Basically I own GH3, GH:WT and RB 1 and RB 2. My verdict is RB2 the clear winner. Why?

Well, for one I just beat the Guitar Tour on Expert in a little under 3 days and I played maybe...1 hour each day? It was too easy. The last song is increadibly crazy but I expected that. But Im very disappointed in the setlist. There are VERY few songs I even knew and even fewer I liked. The guitar is AWESOME but the game itself is poor by GH standards.

RockBand has the potential (if you pick up a used copy of RB1 for probably...10 bucks + 4 dollar liscense fee) to include something like 200 songs for virtually nothing by comparison. Plus the amount of downloadable content just dwarfs GH and the content is mostly GOOD! Not crappy. You can try and compare the drum sets, but remember that the Rock Band drums (the new set) have expansions for I think up to 3 symbols. So you can have a 7 peice kit instead of a 5 piece for a ton of realism. I havent used the new RB Guitar but it looks and reviews make it sound VERY solid. If you are that serious about drums though, you should just drop the 300 bucks and get the Ion Kit.

I dont know, RB2 has the challenges which is its form of "tour" which doesnt take long either but the actual World Tour part I feel like RB's is structured a hundred times better and also plays a hundred times better.

To those who cry about RB's notes being harder to hit - I find no difference. I can play both equally as well so stop your cryin and just play. The hammer ons feel identical too.

GH also feels SO childish. The characters all still look so teeny bobber. The only good models are the real people. Everything else looks so cheesy. The sets are still cheesy too. Whats up with the last level? Being pulled through the sky on a wooden ship by 4 golden eagles the size of malls? Come on now...

I guess overall the song creator is cool but too limited. GH just gave me a super case of being underwhelmed. I expected so much more from a franchise that claimed to still be ahead of the curve but I feel they have finally slipped behind RB2 and RB2 has a firm hold on the future with the amount of content and the way you can play the HUGE world tour as a single player and not be locked into the same setlists. Plus youve got the random sets on RB which is fun because you never know if taking the chance on a challenge will work or not. Ya know, being asked to get 5 stars and double your fans or lose your fans? I like that element.

I loved GH. Like everyone else, grew up on it. But really the content in RB is better, it plays the same as the new GH:WT and considering I have like 300+ songs because of DLC and the RB1 game...you cant beat that. And with the addition of the Ion Drum Kit or the new perifs with expandable options - you get the best of everything.

Yup Im an RB fanboy now. But I gave GH a fair shot and actually had high hopes. But they were flattened when the game ended and I was totally taken off guard. I should never have that happen in a game. I should know the end is near - not be suprised by it. That ruins a game and makes it feel so short.

Ill stop ranting. I was just a little agitated at how easy and quickly it ended. :(

Post November 1st, 2008, 1:45 pm

Originally posted by Tetsu

Rock Band 2 costs $169.99 in the states.

Actually I think its 189.99? Yea it is. 169.99 was the old RB. The old one at my local store is like 139.99 now. Quite cheap. If someone is selling it for 169.99 buy it. Thats 20 bucks off the retail. Check Best Buy, its listed at 189.99

Post November 1st, 2008, 1:55 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Wow, Real, I think you might have just changed my mind. I've been very hesitant about GHWT, and I wasn't very excited for it at all. Now, I think I'm not going to get it. My brother took RB1 up to college with him along with the hard drive, and he got RB2, so I won't have the 80+ DLC songs we had and plus importing from RB1, but still, I think I want Rock Band 2 anyways. You definitely recommend it over GH:WT?

Post November 1st, 2008, 4:05 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

the gameplay in Guitar Hero just doesn't even compare to RB. Face it Harmonix knows how to make a rythm game and all Neversoft can do is try to copy it.

Post November 1st, 2008, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
well, im going to get G:WT because im just a bit more of a fan of GH. I like rockband, but im just so used to the gameplay in GH, a lot easier to me.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post November 21st, 2008, 5:22 pm

The gameplay is the same dang thing...

Notes fall down a track. You strum / bang / sing on cue. Theres nothing different. Im tired of hearing people say its different or blah blah blah. Its excuses! I made the transition from one to the other and Im NOT that good. Solid? Yes. I can hold my own but Ive got a couple of friends who are shredders for sure. One can play both equally as well the other says the notes are harder to hit in RB. Which is a joke.

Sorry its annoying and I hear it too often.

Another thing I dont like about Guitar Hero is how childish the whole thing is. Its all geared at 12 year olds, not college students. Not that RB is, but the setlist and just the games presentation is so much more professional and clean. If you think ones harder or easier...maybe the songs are harder but the gameplay Ive found to be pretty identical.

Minus the singing. The singing on WT is HORRIBLE. I havent heard one good thing from those who have done both and are good at vocals. Rock Bands vocal recognition is just so far better than GH's that I dont even attempt it. My buddy wont even play vocals on GH but on RB is pretty much all he does other than drums.

Coolbeans - funny youd say that, since Harmonix are the ones who started the Guitar Hero franchise. Im sure you know, just like to reiterate that no matter what Harmonix will always be one step ahead.

My main reason for posting again in this is to say I completed Satch Boogie on Expert and to my suprise, after a week or two off the game and feeling like my fingers had gotten faster - it only took me a couple tries to get past that crazy solo at the end. So the Guitar portion is completely done and even when I load up the setlist...theres virtually nothing that jumps out at me like OMG PLAY ME!

Post December 3rd, 2008, 8:12 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

rarrr first post edited, piff
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post December 3rd, 2008, 9:40 pm

Well, I have Guitar Hero: World Tour Bank Kit, and it simply rocks. I love to play the drums and thanks to The Killers new downloads, I am learning how to play Mr. Brightside and Human on expert! The only issue I have is with the yellow sensor on the sensor bar. It seems like the sensor is broken becuase it keeps picking up my finger multiple times instead of once and I can quickly fail a song becuase of it! I also have Rock Band 2 (game only) and it runs smoothly with the GH kit, and I transferred all my RB songs to RB2! As for Rock Revolution...two words: EPIC FAIL! Here's my gamertag:

Post December 3rd, 2008, 11:52 pm

So the Guitar portion is completely done and even when I load up the setlist...theres virtually nothing that jumps out at me like OMG PLAY ME!

I'm in the same boat by now. I whipped right through the guitar career, and I wouldn't even consider myself good. I never beat Raining Blood on GH3, but I had no problem with any songs on WT. Yeah, that solo on Satch took a little while to learn to slide, but its not that hard. I am kind of getting tired of the game already...

Post December 6th, 2008, 11:57 am

tbh im not bothered about whichever game i get, will the GH3 guitar work with RB2? because right now i'm pretty undecided, and everyone's saying that GHWT is too "12 year old" and RB2 is cleaner. I dunno which imma get.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post December 6th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
I wish nerdy gamers would put there lives to use and actually learn how to play a real guitar...

Post December 6th, 2008, 12:49 pm

^lol, too bad I already can...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion