Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Gwazi Will Close Forever on February 1st

Gwazi Will Close Forever on February 1st

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post December 20th, 2014, 12:10 am
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
Knew that was coming. As for the trip, i was in the process of planning a trip up the east coast and hit all the theme parks going from Florida up to New England area and then cut across to Ohio and hit KD, KI, and CP. After that come back down to Texas and do Fiesta Texas and Seaworld and then end at my home park, SFOT. Only problem is the cost of a trip this caliber. What do you guys think?

Post December 20th, 2014, 1:49 am

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
Gas is cheap now so you'll save a couple hundred bucks. Get SF pass, and Cedar Fair passes, and you'll save a ton.
Other than that, gas, food, and a place to stay.

Thought of doing a cross country trip myself, did the math, it really isn't that expensive.
Camping will reduce the bill. every other night...

Post December 20th, 2014, 12:20 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Paradox wrote:
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Honestly, when Robb Alvey breathes, the world gets closer to the apocalypse. What can I say about the true born "coaster king?" It's disgusting that he is probably the most known coaster enthusiast out there. He treats his "fan base" like a pile of steaming hot poop. I usually don't take this kind of tone, but I'm sick of seeing him treat people like dirt just because they don't agree with him. The only person I can think of that is comparable is Jeff Putz. Both of them are so ignorant.

Who wants to make a troll account on TPR and see how far we can push Robb?

I would, but you will be banned on your first post.

Post December 20th, 2014, 7:56 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points

Just because someone says something a little wrong, one does not need to bash them on it. I would replay in a nicer fashion.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post December 20th, 2014, 9:25 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Folks... Kindly check your comments about Robb Alvey / TPR at the door.

It's a waste of energy really. The stories told about user beratement and banishment over trivial matters haven't really changed much over the last decade. I think we can safely say that it is universally understood amongst those within the entertainment industry / enthusiast community that Mr Alvey is a complete and utter tool.

Chances are a good portion of you have been banned from there which is why you joined this site.

It's time to let it go and watch quietly in the distance as that entity continues on it's self destructive path.

Your continued patronage to his site, watching of his you tube videos, and discussing his likeness only gives him more money and free publicity.

If you stop feeding the pidgins long enough they will eventually go away.

Post December 20th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
^ I joined this site because (apart form the focus on coaster games and sims) everyone understands that we all feel diferrently about what rides or practices we do or do not like and can accept the different view points without attacking each other. We have TPR hate, flame and cannibalize their own members. And why is it that while nobody here seems to care/like/acceptrobsplaceonEarth, the first thing that happens with breaking news is someone runs to see what Rob says and posts it here XD

BACK to Gwazi. This was my first year riding it back around halloween, so I missed the epic coolness I was wishing on every star to experience as a kid lol. But in the state that I saw it in, it was way beyond saving probably years ago. It really looks dangerous in some parts and that's on the running side! The tiger(?) side is literally rotting over the running Lion (?) side. And as intertwined as they are it would be ridiculously costly, irritating, and time consuming to try to work through all of that for both sides... Especially if the claims that they don't even have the budget to simply knock it over and sweep it up. But who knows? They didn't seem to say that a reprofiling wasn't still an option, just that it will officially be SBNO. Maybe I caught it at a bad time or day or cycle or something, but it was not enjoyable at all and I like rough coasters. It really did ride like it was causing damage to itself and was in danger of falling on every hill

Post December 21st, 2014, 3:41 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Maybe I'm just thinking the impossible, but if GCI did a decent job on the Cyclone rehab, shouldn't they be able to fix up their own creation without it getting too expensive? Though realistically, wooden roller coasters don't seem to fare too well in the florida weather. The one out and back that was torn down a few years ago looked like it gave a great ride when it was built.
What are these for?

Post December 21st, 2014, 7:06 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
When I rode the Gwazis in like 2007 with my aunt and uncle, they were both awesome. Tiger especially. In fact, I remember Tiger being so fun I had it on my top ten for awhile. They were fast and out of control, but comfortable, and exciting! Then I rode Lion with the new trains in 2011 and did not like it at all. It clearly had lost something. Sometimes it surprises me how quickly a ride can go from good to bad.

But I'm going to BGT on the 12th or 13th and I'll ride Lion and something tells me it will only be worse than in 2011 haha.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 21st, 2014, 7:07 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It's a GCI so it's not like anything of value will be lost. Maybe Mean Streak will finally die because that is even more useless. Hopefully they can make a new land or whatever in its footprint.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 21st, 2014, 10:26 am
Paradox User avatar

If the ride was built a little later when GCI made their Millennium Flyer trains, then Gwazi would have been much better off as the PTC's ruined the track
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 23rd, 2014, 7:25 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Mikey wrote:
Folks... Kindly check your comments about Robb Alvey / TPR at the door.

It's a waste of energy really. The stories told about user beratement and banishment over trivial matters haven't really changed much over the last decade. I think we can safely say that it is universally understood amongst those within the entertainment industry / enthusiast community that Mr Alvey is a complete and utter tool.

Chances are a good portion of you have been banned from there which is why you joined this site.

It's time to let it go and watch quietly in the distance as that entity continues on it's self destructive path.

Your continued patronage to his site, watching of his you tube videos, and discussing his likeness only gives him more money and free publicity.

If you stop feeding the pidgins long enough they will eventually go away.

Clap, clap, clap.
Thank you Mikey for those kind words.

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:03 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I'm happy to see this ride go but I'm unhappy that gwazi is going to be sbno for a while

Post December 31st, 2014, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
I bet RMC will take care of Gwazi. I just wished this trend would come to Europe. Bandit (that POS) could do with a retracking.

Post December 31st, 2014, 11:04 am

Trust me ik the higher up and with how bad seaworld is with no ceo the dumb idiots over at peta trying to kill animals and advertising there biased movie they can't afford rmc right now as I wish I they could add a rmc but they sadly can't to idiots making up fake poop

Post December 31st, 2014, 11:07 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Whether you know people or not, we have absolutely no idea what is going on behind closed doors. Gwazi could be moving to China, or being Ibox'd, or even just demolished. We don't know.

Post December 31st, 2014, 11:09 am
Paradox User avatar

As sad as it is we can almost guess that Gwazi will be demolished. While it would be great for RMC to come in and I-Box it, the company is broke right now and do not have the money to fix it.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 31st, 2014, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^I agree. The company has way too many financial issues to redo it
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 421.00 Points
I would love to see Gwazi stay open forever and have Rob Alvey's rotten corpse lynched from it.
Seriously, people don't want rollercoasters to stay open because they are bad. What about the sports fan who's team is moving cities, or the Broadway dude who's favorite play is ending its 15 year run. It's sad to see that go. Robb has to have a favorite rollercoaster and so long as it's not a vintage Arrow (Those need to be saved) I would be in favor of blowing it up just to show him how it feels and how much of a fat ugly pompous dingus he is.

AMEN!
CoasterJed...Coasting for a while...

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:50 pm
Paradox User avatar

Robb doesn't have a favorite coaster, just blow up the Frozen ride at Disney and he will go ape sh*t.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 421.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Robb doesn't have a favorite coaster, just blow up the Frozen ride at Disney and he will go ape sh*t.

Done, I'm already calling Ahab my bomb guy. Also I have never been banned on TPR. I just hate their track sharing format.
CoasterJed...Coasting for a while...

Post December 31st, 2014, 8:21 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post January 1st, 2015, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^That's what makes us so great 8-)

Also, this seems to have turned into the "Flame Robb" Topic :lol:
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post January 1st, 2015, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I am gonna say one more thing about Blobb and then I'm pretty much done. He's a Richard Noggin'*
I was searching around for best ways to go about using my GoPro on a coaster (never going to take it on unless asking permission, I do work for Coaster Crew too so hopefully that boosts my likeliness to film.) and I came across a link and what do you know, It's stupid arse TPR, and at first, It seemed informative, (Crazy right?) Yupp, too crazy to be true, the topic took a sudden turn and Blobb's true colors shined through.

Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 10.06.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 10.06.49 PM.png

We have a moral obligation to not ever become anything like him or Jeff Putz. So instead of turning this into a "Robb Alvey is the biggest 2 year old" thread, lets direct our attention back to Gwazi.

Now, we can sit here and go on and on all day about how big of a douche he is, or we can talk about the real question at hand,

"What in the hell is going on with Gwazi?"

* - Richard Noggin' is roughly trainslated into "Dick head"

Post January 1st, 2015, 10:19 pm

It will stand there till seaworld gets enough money to tear it down then they save up to put something there

Post January 1st, 2015, 10:21 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!