Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Hades 360 at Mount Olympus - Now Upside Down!

Hades 360 at Mount Olympus - Now Upside Down!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 13th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
HADES 360

Coming in 2013!

World?????????s First upside down wooden rollercoaster!

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park announces plans to unveil its newest addition and structural landmark as the famous underground wooden coaster Hades will transform to become the world first all wooden rollercoaster with an upside down roll coming spring 2013.

Hades 360 will be a unique technological marvel integrating the underground uniqueness of Hades and adding a 360 degree upside down loop and a 135 degree over-banked turn. Plus Hades 360 will also be equipped with a new state of the art rollercoaster train, giving riders the feel of riding on a steel coaster. Utilizing this state-of-the-art train by Gravity Group, Hades 360 will be the world?????????s longest underground and have world?????????s only upside down roll on an all wooden rollercoaster. Hades 360 will be the first to deliver an awe-inspiring wooden coaster thrill all while in the vast world of Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park.

With its unique construction, Hades 360 will have:

????????? The World?????????s First completely upside down roll on an all wooden coaster

????????? The World?????????s longest underground track measuring 800 feet underground

????????? A 90 degree turn underground in complete darkness

????????? A 135 degree over-banked turn

????????? A staggering drop of 140 feet with an amazing drop angle of 65 degrees

????????? Total length of 4,725 feet

????????? A 160 foot incline to the top drop

????????? A blazing top speed of 70 mph

Hades 360 will be a force to be reckoned with and a unique technological marvel, taking the classic wooden support structure and technically integrating an upside down roll into the existing track. The upgrade to Hades 360 will be engineered and constructed by Gravity Group, the same group that designed the original Hades. The Hades 360 transformation will exceed far beyond any mortal?????????s expectations. This innovation is so new in the amusement industry, it has never been done before.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=64106

I'm very excited for this as it will be the only inversion on a traditionally tracked wooden coaster. Obviously you can argue that topper track IS wooden track (even though it isn't), but this is really a statement from the wooden coaster world to RMC that they aren't as innovative as they think and that their topper track is not superior to traditional tracking. Normally, I would frown upon this, but the statement that this made is amazing!

Also, I would like to congratulate Mt. Olympus for not building a new coaster over top of an aged pre-existing coaster and instead actually doing work on the coaster they actually have. This is a first.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post November 13th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,322.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
This looks really amazing, it looks like ill have to be getting myself back to mount olympus sometime in the near future.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post November 13th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

This looks good. I wish they would have provided a full video of what the ride will be like but given Mt. Olympus, it'll be good. [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 13th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
I'm pretty sure the rest of the ride will be the same with the exception of any retracking they'll do.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post November 13th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I give it about 2 weeks until it's too rough to ride.

Also, I would like to congratulate Mt. Olympus for not building a new coaster over top of an aged pre-existing coaster and instead actually doing work on the coaster they actually have. This is a first.

Lol I've been saying that for years.

Post November 13th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I KNEW that this was going to be what Hades 360 is before this topic was unlocked hahaha. But that's actually really awesome! I can't wait to go back there!

I hope they retrack everything. Hades' drop, the underground portion... ugh. The entire ride is really exciting but very very rough. And the turnaround part was kind of boring. This will be an amazing change. I'm definitely driving down there this spring.

Post November 13th, 2012, 10:07 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Tell us when so I know not to be in Wisconsin.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 13th, 2012, 10:25 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points

Post November 13th, 2012, 11:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I was at the announcement in person and the owner said they are retracking most of the ride. At least they claim so...

I still feel like GG is straight up copying RMC!

Post November 13th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Am I the only one who was initially angered by this announcement? I thought this was gonna be another silky smooth as steel wooden coaster transformation until I read devilsrule's comment (well, I hope you're right because I don't want them to fix something that isn't broken. I watched the POV and it looks amazing.)
I don't want the era of rough wooden coaster rides to come to an end.

Post November 13th, 2012, 11:20 pm

^^In a way I feel the same. But I think this track needs retracking and I still think the roll will be better than the almost-stalling turnaround haha. So I'm excited.

Yeah this ride is less than 10 years old. Definitely not ready for an RMCG makeover but certainly ready for some intervention. Especially during the second half.

Post November 13th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Originally posted by Jakizle

I was at the announcement in person and the owner said they are retracking most of the ride. At least they claim so...

Maintenance? Another exciting first for Mt Olympus!

Post November 14th, 2012, 1:28 am

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
We should take bets on how late it'll open (due to the timberliners) and how long it'll take to get completely trashed.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post November 14th, 2012, 1:52 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ well it took RMC to redo texas giant about 2 years? and timberliners were supposed to be put on voyage for what the 2010 season? also given how far north wisconsin is, I assume rather harsh winters. so like september?
What are these for?

Post November 14th, 2012, 5:15 am

Post November 14th, 2012, 7:12 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Yay Timberliners! :D
But I'm not a big fan of the new name.
Still, it'll be interesting to see the results of this awesome plan - a legit inversion on a legit wooden coaster.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post November 14th, 2012, 7:41 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
I like it. Inversions on woodies is an innovation that should have happened years ago. I'm glad the industry keeps inventing new stuff (or steeling ideas from NoLimits tracks that get downrated because they are too unrealistic).

Post November 14th, 2012, 2:37 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,322.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
hyyyper, i read your comment and laughed so hard thinking of all the times new coasters have come out with supposedly new elements and SOMEBODY always seems to say "oh, I've done this on one of MY rides before."
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post November 14th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

It's supposed to open Memorial Day weekend. They're only rebuilding one section...

Post November 14th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Yay, my #1 coaster is gonna be EVEN BETTER!!!

Also, is it still only gonna be one train?
American Eagle Lover

Post November 14th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
It is not really suppose to be a Japanese Jetcoaster that runs one train.

Post November 15th, 2012, 1:01 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^^ what happened to american eagle?
What are these for?

Post November 15th, 2012, 2:36 am

Hades is awesome too but not really #1 material hahahaha. I wanna sit down with this Jonny guy and hear out the justifications for his top line-ups [:o)]

Hades is excellent entertainment but I thought Cyclops was 50x better haha. That ride gives a ridiculous backseat experience.

Post November 15th, 2012, 11:45 am

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Originally posted by CKidd

^^ what happened to american eagle?

I know right? His avatar changed and everything.

What happened.

Maybe Lamerican Eagle is getting old and her smex drive isn't what it used to be for him.

Post November 15th, 2012, 10:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
American Eagle and Hades have been battling for my #1 for a long time...

It's just the feeling of speed with a little airtime, and it being a wood coaster.
American Eagle Lover

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!