Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Have A Favorite Roller Coaster? Tell Us About It!

Have A Favorite Roller Coaster? Tell Us About It!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

We are looking for content for our blog and here is the chance to express your love for a roller coaster that you love. If you have a favorite roller coaster and can write all about it. Please do so, post it in this topic and we'll transfer it to our blog. We would like it in a review format. Tell us why you like it, what makes it special, and why people should pay special attention to it.
Thanks!
-Staff
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post March 10th, 2009, 2:58 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
- oscar edit -
I added it! It can be viewed here: http://blog.coastercrazy.com/roller-coa ... rney-park/
Thanks!
(removed since it has been posted at the blog)
- oscar edit -

Post March 10th, 2009, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
That would have been my choice, but I couldn't have done it like you. A new woodie would be nice to see fill that void, but there is two GCIs in Hershey already, so one in dorney would be overkill I think
What are these for?

Post March 10th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post March 10th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

I haven't been to many theme parks, so I'd have to say Wildfire at Silver Dollar City. This Ride is amazing. It takes you out of the station to a 180 turnaround, followed by the 120' lift. This ride is on the edge of a mountain in the Ozarks, so it gives a beautiful view of the mountains and Table Rock Lake. After the lift, it turns left 90 degrees for the 155' drop.

After the drop, it goes up into an awesome Immelmann. It goes right back up into a vertical loop. It turns left a little bit into a cobra roll. It bank curves 90 degrees to the right to go right into the corkscrew. It goes into a 270 degree helix to the right before going to the final brake run.

Here is a Youtube video.
[;)]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zwnofEETM

Post March 10th, 2009, 11:17 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

-staff edit-
I've scheduled it for it to post later tonight
-edit-
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post March 10th, 2009, 11:32 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Thanks guys for your contributions, I'll add some tonight and the rest tomorrow.
Paradox wrote:

Post March 10th, 2009, 11:58 pm
Turbo User avatar

yay
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post March 11th, 2009, 1:47 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
When I have my Holiday Park annual pass i'll give you a nice review about EGF. With photo's and everything! Ok? [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 11th, 2009, 2:52 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post March 11th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

I might write a review of Katun, and maybe even Sierra Tonante, if I have time...

Post March 11th, 2009, 5:37 pm
Turbo User avatar

i wrote mine in 30 minutes because I had nothing to do. As it turned out, I thought it was pretty good. add some more comments

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post March 11th, 2009, 11:52 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post March 12th, 2009, 12:15 am
Turbo User avatar

yay some more :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post March 12th, 2009, 6:23 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I'll do Nemesis if you'd like. Unless anyone reckons they can do it better than me! It's been my favourite ride ever since I rode it, so... I should be able to find plenty of things to write about. I'll do it when I'm at home. (at work atm, not even supposed to be on the net [lol])

Post March 12th, 2009, 11:27 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

You can do Nemesis [:D]
Paradox wrote:

Post March 12th, 2009, 1:02 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Nemesis review will appear here in... erm, some period of undisclosed time [lol]

Edit: Here it is, shout at me if it's too long!

-oscar edit-
too long so I deleted it. J.K.! It's perfect, I have opied and pasted it and it is scheduled to be posted tomorrow.

-oscar edit-

Post March 12th, 2009, 7:49 pm
Turbo User avatar

Originally posted by gouldy
Edit: Here it is, shout at me if it's too long!

IT'S NOT TOO LONG!!! ;)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post March 12th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,687.00 Points
My review of Maverick The best coaster I've ridden to date.

After waiting since 2007 to travel to Cedar Point these past few days I had the chance to go there and experience there superb selection of coasters. Out of all of the coasters I rode Maverick was definitely my favourite. The ride is western themed and from a distance actually looks sort of tame. But the actual experience is very different. You start off in the station and slowly get propelled out, until you reach the LSM's that is. The LSM's finally kick in and you're launched with some good speed up the lift hill, you know you only have a second to take in the view before you plummet 95 degrees. The train slows slightly and you're ripped from the sky with intense ejector airtime and rush towards the ground, the dropis unlike ANY other in the world.It then proceeds to flip you through numerous highly banked and extremely intense turns through rocky canyons. The coasters seems to be going at break neck speeds since the elements are so tightly packed, until you reach the airtime hill. You ascend the airtime hill in the same fashion any other maverick elements is taken with incredible force so much that if you didnt have harnesses on you would be wrenched from you're seat out in to Lake Erie.Or so it seems. Then you travel through another highly banked turn and into the first of two maginifectnly designed horshoe rolls, almost like a corkscrew except more twisted at the top it feels as though you float through the whole inversion but at the same time are travelling thorugh it extremely fast! The same thing happens with the next as well. Then you turn again and become immersed in darkness and slow down. You know what awaits you it just a matter of time before it happens the train teases you as it crawls a few more feet then you are launched forward at what seems like 100 MPH, and as you are lights flash around you chasing you#39.re train out of the tunnel, you turn through a very highly banked turn and up an airtime hill with a few trims, then down over a lagoon( which was drained on my second ride). Then you go through another canyon and into an S Bend where the heartline roll was. Then as you look ahead you see a magnificently twisted piece of track in front of you a stengel dive. Then suddenly as you enter it you are throw to the side with amazing force so it feels like you are up side down. Then you continue in this fashion and do another stengel dive except this one is even more intense and even more banked. Then you fly over another extreme airtime hill and turn into the brakes. Maverick turned out to be the best roller coaster I've ever been on, an intense fast paced coaster with more banked turn than you can count. It Never lets up. Maverick truly is amazing and deserves the 2007 golden ticket award.
I'm Better Looking Than You.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions