Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Heavily Inspired B&M Launched Coaster

Heavily Inspired B&M Launched Coaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post March 5th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Who can guess what ride this was inspired by?

I feel like this is probably some of my best work. I spent multiple days working on the cobra roll alone (which fvd++ allows to be created accurately!). Slow progress but its worth it. Anyone want to help me test this as I go along and share any discrepancies?

Last edited by Kyle Sloane on March 5th, 2013, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 5th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
The image doesn't seem to work. You can hit me up for any help that you need, of course.

Post March 5th, 2013, 6:24 pm

Give me a sec I can get it to work

Edit: FIXED

And my 0g roll looks really retarded in the 3rd to last pic but i promise it doesnt actually look like that. Also notice that I fixed that god awful car texture that Makes the trains look so terrible usually..

Post March 5th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
I can test, if you want to send it to me.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post March 5th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post March 5th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Ok nvm I actually have someone whose advice would be especially helpful so I may ask for you guys later but I'm all set for now.

Post March 5th, 2013, 8:58 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post March 5th, 2013, 9:31 pm

^Thanks

REWORKED

Kinda reminds me of green lantern with the compactness. The problem is that fvd crashed and all I have is the element, but I made it to the midbrake so I think im fine. I dont feel the need to revise what I currently have.

In order to line up the 0groll right so It went through the other loop I had to make this a bit weird. A little awkward but I think its fine. Only looks weird from this angle.

Thoughts?

Post March 6th, 2013, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I would've banked earlier, flattened the banking (don't necessarily hold it, but you can) then gone with the roll. I agree it is kinda awkward as shown, but there are plenty awkward elements on real B&M coasters. Just not sure it's the right kind of awkwardness lol, if that makes any sense.

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:01 am

Yeah you see I was planning on doing just that but when I went to revise it it crashed and then last time I saved was with the previous layout.. It rides perfectly its just a bit strange.

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:01 am

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
the shaping of the turnaround after the loop...[:p] It's perfect

Only complaint is that you turn in the same direction three times in a row.

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:11 am

^I agree with the turning 3 times in a row thing.

^On the note of that turnaround, depending on speed it doesn't seem that that swerve transition banks over quickly enough. Hulk's is a right nice whip. But looking at your banking of it, I assume it's got more speed than Hulk's does, and it's probably quite quick. I guess we'll see. It's dang near impossible to find a good shot of that angle, but this does it decently... I only nitpick about that because it's one of my beloved moments of the roller coaster. Surprising power in that there transition... and no trimming yet to be found =D

Looks pretty decent! I love Hulk, definitely top ten material in my opinion, and I'll be riding it again literally 5 days from now!!! =D

I'm not sure what your goal is though. I have the impression you want it to be very Hulky. If you really are looking for the heavy Hulk feel, you seem to have a mix of the older classic feel with the contemporary feel. For instance, you've got that classic awkward zero-g and that turnaround that it goes through, like Hulk's, and then touches of newer style, like the hammerhead after the cobra, the very quick turn before the Immelman, and the couple of turns after the Immelman... I'm not sure how I feel, but I know it will be good. Hulk has the really typical classic B&M inverting purpose- there are few elements that don't invert surrounded by the inversions. Yours seems to have an even mixture of both. I think it can play to your advantage but it kind of seems bipolar in essence... in some ways I think it plays nicely off of Hulk and has the correct B&M grace with the power. In other areas, it looks like you've gone really contemporary, like the right turn before the zero-g; it looks quite quick and powerfully low to the ground, and that doesn't ring 'Hulk' quite so much.

I'm excited to see how you play it off, however. You've never disappointed me in the past once, obviously. Looking forward to more.

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:16 am

^^ugh your right whatever.. Should I redo it or not? I'm afraid It won't retain the same quality if I do. Cuz it's really awesome as it is.

^I had no intention of mimicking that turnaround on the hulk its by accident that it looks similar lol. It has nice whip its really taken at high speed.

I agree about the ride and the transition though! Definately my second favorite b&m in fl only surpassed by montu (insanity).

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:22 am

Yeah man if it's awesome and works and you like it then keep it. I thoroughly appreciate your ability to put together a layout... It looks fun and I like the inspiration either way, of course lol. I do like the zero-g roll a ton....

Yeah I kinda deduced that about the high speed and stuff. Dude I'm just looking it at objectively thinking of Hulk in real life. I only thought that way because of the 'Heavily Inspired' in the title haha. I'm down with this ride having its own spark and stuff. It's definitely original

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:23 am

I don't think it should be redone. It looks overall relatively original despite using standard elements...and the same thing can be said about most B&M coasters.

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:28 am

Agreed. To be continued...

BTW I figured out how to make the most incredible rolling launch!

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:36 am

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:42 am

...as opposed to launching from a standstill. Usually launching from a standstill is the only way to get the entire train to be pulled by the lsms in nl. but I figured out a way to trigger the launch while its rolling in a way that grabs the entire train at once instead of easing into the higher acceleration zone. It really makes for a nice lurching effect just like volcano or the hulks launch.

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:46 am

Cool! That launch on Hulk surprised me more than any launch from standstill actually... It's really shocking. I'm excited to see it.

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
So how did you get the rolling launch to work? That's one of the things stopping me from a Hulk recreation. That and the shaping on the cobra roll.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post March 6th, 2013, 1:31 pm

The track here seems to have that newtony wobble to the right just before entering the overbanked turn.

Image Insert:
118.44 KB

Post March 6th, 2013, 2:45 pm

...as seen over the entirety of Hulk and many other B&Ms.

I don't know that the forces are perfect for the given banking when it starts to tighten, and maybe the banking isn't *quite* there too, but the idea that was pointed out is one that should not be excluded from old to mid-age B&M looping coasters.

Post March 6th, 2013, 2:49 pm

It doesn't start then stop banking so it doesn't technically wobble. It starts banking at a constant rate then speeds up.

Post March 6th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Alright Im gonna see if I can do better Im reworking stay tuned.

Post March 6th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Theres seems to be a large twitch right after the launch LIMs.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area