Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Help - Friend's Facebook Hacked

Help - Friend's Facebook Hacked

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 28th, 2008, 10:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Someone hacked my friend's facebook account this morning and tried to mess with him and his girlfriend. Whoever he is, he's a complete dumbass and is just bein a punk for no reason. Apparently he knows them somehow through other people and might go to the same school. Anyone know how I could find his IP through facebook?

Post November 28th, 2008, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Doubt it. Just reset all the passwords and use both letters and numbers and then move on.

Post November 29th, 2008, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Problem is, that person probably changed the password and possibly the email address.

Contact facebook, they will ask you for stuff and have you confirm that it's in fact you that owns the account. Who knows what'll happen.

Post November 29th, 2008, 1:45 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

^ Or, he could simply cancel the account and re-create a new one. It is pretty easy, but make sure you have another e-mail address ready to register with.

Post November 29th, 2008, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

How could he cancel the account when he isn't in possesion of it anymore. Facebook doesn't know if it's some random person trying to delete a random account and be a jerk, or if it actually did get hacked and should be deleted.

Post November 29th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 226.00 Points
Just contact Facebook. I am sure they will try to help you out as much as possible.

Post November 29th, 2008, 12:49 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Austin

How could he cancel the account when he isn't in possesion of it anymore. Facebook doesn't know if it's some random person trying to delete a random account and be a jerk, or if it actually did get hacked and should be deleted.

If you write to Facebook and ask them to cancel the account, they will do it no problem. This has been discussed before on several forums, and it is merely as simple as providing the original e-mail address that was used to register with, that is how they validate the account owner.

Oddly enough, there is a new website out there called "Google" (I think that is how it is spelled) that in 0.22 seconds yielded the following:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe ... unt+hacked

[:)]

Post November 29th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 108.00 Points

Post November 29th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

This happened to several of my friends...

I got 3 or 4 messages saying: "You know, your profile picture is all over..."

Besides that they did nothing else.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post November 29th, 2008, 9:51 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
SMer, are you sure your friend ain't stupid? Since there are enough people who actually believe in crap like: "I'll do this, this and that for you if you just give me your password and e-mail."
Trust me, I've played with that when I was 12-13 years old and believe me or not but people actual e-mailed me on a different e-mail with their login info. Which actually worked too!
Why are there so many idiots in this world? [V][xx(]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post December 2nd, 2008, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Hah, no it wasn't a scam. Whoever it is, he kept saying how my friend and his girlfriend have "hurt so many people they're not even aware of", and he knows a lot of personal information, so it has to be someone from their school. Anyway, they've decided to ignore whoever it is since they're not actually telling them anything specific.

I feel a Ferris Bueller quote is appropriate here. "You lick your palms. I know it's pretty childish and stupid, but then again, so is high school."

Return to Off Topic Discussion