Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Help Needed

Help Needed

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post June 6th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points
Last night I was working on a new coaster and a few minutes after saving my project, my laptop overheated. I went to start it back up today and load Scream Machines, and I can't get the game to work as normal. Could somebody help me out?

This is what it looks like when I load my ride

This is what it looks like when I click ride
Last edited by DXMemberJackDX on June 6th, 2009, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 6th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Well, when your laptop overheated, it might of damaged some files in the hard drive. Check your SM files to make sure everything isn't damaged, and check other programs to make sure they aren't damaged as well. Clean the fans in the laptop and check the hard drive itself to make sure it isn't damaged, because if it is badly enough, you may have to get a new hard drive.[:(]

Post June 6th, 2009, 10:51 pm

This is far from the first time it's overheated. Idk why it's been overheating anyways. How would I check the files?

Post June 6th, 2009, 11:16 pm

If you're running on Windows, go to Start, My Computer, Local Disc (C:), Program Files, Scream Machines? IDK I don't have it, but it should be in there, ask someone who has scream machines what files should be in there, I would mainly check your texture/scenery files, or whatever it's called.

As for why it's overheating, it might be the surface it's running on, or it might be the fan's are clogging up. What type of laptop are you using?

Post June 6th, 2009, 11:23 pm

I'm using an HP Pavillion dv6700 running Windows Vista. I would've already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but the last time I did that and reinstalled it, I kept getting an error when I tried to play the game and my friend fixed it, but I don't know what he did to make it run

Post June 6th, 2009, 11:44 pm

Here, I found an answer for your overheating problem
As i have the same type as laptop as you, the HP Pavilion DV6700 naturally overheats itself with its overstuffed motherboard so overheating is very common. But there is a product i suggest which is called the "Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad' its stop overheating with its high capacity fan and theres no installation required. This product can be found at "circut city" or "target"

Here's another:
This is a common problem with the DV6700 (I have the same laptop). It doesn't take long for it to heat up, and it gets worse when playing a game that uses 3d graphics. You should invest in a cooling base (it will have built in fans) that will draw the heat away from the laptop.

As for it being Vista, I don't know where the files would be, try using Windows search for the files. This might be one of vista's crappy flaws again, which is why I like using XP.

Return to Scream Machines