Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Help: Newton Doesn't Let Me Build The Twisted Drop!

Help: Newton Doesn't Let Me Build The Twisted Drop!

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I'm trying to make some B&M twisters, but I can't shape the twisted drop leading to a vertical loop. Should I use Multi-Zone Force for that part, not Curved Geometry? I watched various kinds of tutorials and I felt "Entropy's walkthrough" was really awesome to learn the mechanism of a track section. The "time" parameters are however bugging me. The drop (not one that goes straight down) tends to get messy while the loop has my train go smooth, like at 3.5g's. So any good tips? ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
Curved geometry is definitely going to give you some funky shaping on the drop. I would suggest using one or two roll sections depending on how you want to shape it. Maybe 3 normal sections. Laterals can be used but aren't entirely necessary. Newton is tricky at first but it's really fun to work with once you learn how to control multi force sections the way you want to

Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
I recommend using a multi-zone force for this. My ride called Raikiri used a multi zone and you can use that as an example.

^ I tried to download your latest Raikiri, but unfortunately I don't have NL2 to put yours. Still using the previous version due to graphic speed. So instead of it, I found a pretty good page and thought the 2nd image (Batman's drop I'm really seeking) might help me set correct parameters. I think you'll get the values if you look at the image I'm talking about. :)

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=836

Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
I don't usually share my newton files but...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/671 ... kiri.newt2

It's not the best twisting drop but you can at least see how I made it. I personally think inverted drops are easier to make but my newton file for that one is long gone.

^ Thanks to your data, I'm almost getting the hang of making a lead-in section of a banked drop! This is the first step to produce one good element that is following physics!

I think I can reach the level of Batman-like drop in a few days or so! Yay I'm now motivated and will keep on trying so I can post my tracks here! :D

Return to No Limits Coaster