Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets Hershey, Kings Dominion, BGW

Hershey, Kings Dominion, BGW

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post May 31st, 2012, 8:37 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
So Ill be at Hershey from about 12:00 PM Friday (June 1, 2012) to about 7:00 PM if anyone wants to meet up. Not really planning on doing too much since I was just there a few weeks ago. Skyrush and most likely hang in the water park for a bit.

Kings Dominion on June 2nd as part of the Coaster Crew's "Virgina is for Coaster Lovers" event. Ill be at the park all day.

Busch Gardens on June 3rd is also part of the above event.

If you want to meet up let me know where and when. Ill check this topic on my phone every so often so post here and we I will try to find you.

Post May 31st, 2012, 10:13 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Have fun riding the two best Intamins in the world. I just did the same trip last weekend :)

Post May 31st, 2012, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post May 31st, 2012, 12:09 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Jakizle

Have fun riding the two best Intamins in the world. I just did the same trip last weekend :)

Yea Skyrush should be great and I305 is well, I305. Assuming you mean those two. If not which two are?

Post June 4th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

So, Hershey got canceled due to the rain but Ill get there soon.

KD: For the first time at the park I was expecting it to be really cool. It was not going to disappoint.

Morning ERT Volcano: The Blast Coaster and Intimidator 305

Volcano was a really cool ride. Fire effects were working when allowed by the weather. The ride's first launch was good but I think the second one into the volcano was the better of the two. The ride was good up to the last drop back into the ride building. That is easily the best part of the ride if you were asking me.

Intimidator 305 was by FAR the best steel roller coaster I have been on. I liked Millennium Force but I-305 has the speed, forces, direction changes, and air time that MF lacks. I must have gotten on I-305 about five or six times during ERT and again at night. The ride is great all over, except for that trim. I know it needs to be there but the thing kills the ride experience for me. Still the best I have been on though.

After morning ERT we went to Flight of Fear. This was something I was looking forward to but this train ruined the thing for me. I dont get that foot restraint thing. It was very hard to get in with that to move around. The ride itself was okay. Not something I would wait for though.

After FoF we went over to Anaconda. This was a nice little coaster. Not much else to say about it though.

Then we went over to Ital.... I mean the Back Lot Stunt Coaster. Another Premier coaster but this time the foot restraints didnt bother me as much. Not sure why though. Really liked this ride though. Again all effects worked during the day. At night though, the helicopter didnt move around like it did before. The tunnel scene, not sure if its the subway or the sewer thing was surprisingly long. Good ride overall.

After Back Lot we got our walk back of I-305. Ill link those pictures when I get them uploaded.

After the walk back I meet up with some family members and we went to get Fast Lane. It ended up being $30 a person but it was worth it! (We bought 5 total.) Fast Lane Got us on everything but Volcano with a highly reduced wait time. Volcano you could Fast Lane three times, after that you needed to wait in the stand by line. Fast Lane saved us a LOT of time and if your wondering, yea we got booed at Volcano each time we rode it. [pshades]

After my first non-ERT ride on Volcano we went on Avalanche which was cool. Its nice to see a different ride every now and again.

The we rode the WORST stand up ever! That Togo piece of crap that I still have a headache from. It actually dispatches from the station faster then it goes up the lift. Overall, not a bad ride but damn it kills you.

Then Windseeker was next. I was actually scared of this ride and I was doing all I could to get out of riding it. (I dont do heights very well.) I got on the ride and it was actually very nice. I didnt know how high I was until I looked down. A very nice smooth ride overall though.

Then it was lunch time for our group.

After lunch we went to the Rita's Italian Ice and Dinosaurs Alive! tours. We also had a "Beer :30 With the Legend" which you will not get if your not in the "Crew". [;)]

We then rode Dominator which was a nice decent ride. Not the best but not horrible. I think Dark Knight @ SFNE is a better ride but thats just me.

After that we did the log ride which was cool. I always enjoy a good flume ride. And if its open, I will get on it. Then some cool flats were on the table.

Back to the coasters, next up was Hurler. Not bad for the straight bits. The turns on it could use some work though. Good overall.

Rebel Yell was next. Only one side open since was got there close to closing time. Right side kicked the Left sides ass though. By about the whole train it your wondering. I think its a great ride overall and easily a top ten or even five on my list of top wooden coasters.

We got some time on the Effile Tower during the day so I have some pictures of that to.

After the park closing and fireworks we got ERT on Windseeker and Grizzly.

Windseeker was better at night since you could see all the lights around the park. Of course we all know how great the light packages on these Windseekers are.

Grizzly was good in some seats and horrible in others. A good wooden coaster though. Too bad the lights in the tunnel were on. It kind of ruined the ride a bit in some ways but you could also see how much the train moves in there with the lights on.

Overall, Kings Dominion is a great park and I cant wait to get back there soon.

Picture to come soon. ---- Busch Gardens Williamsburg trip report and pictures to be posted soon.

Post June 4th, 2012, 11:00 pm

No hurler? I would say grizzly is rougher. Anyways, i love kd, and it seems like it is getting better every time i visit. Im tempted to say i like the park better than cedar point. Simply because it is so well rounded, and each ride and area is completely unique and well done. Not to mention the athmosphere of the park, which has gone from trashy 6 years ago to incredible.

Post June 5th, 2012, 8:25 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

I got on Hurler. Its in there near the end of my review. KD is a great park and the atmosphere as you said is wonderful.

Post June 5th, 2012, 10:26 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

KD still has a way to go, but the park has vastly improved. In 2008 I thought it was the worst park in the world. Now in 2012 I find it to be about on par with a typical Cedar Fair park.

Post June 5th, 2012, 1:14 pm

I dont think it was ever the worst park.. I guess i have a soft spot for it since i grew up there.

Return to Theme Park Meets