Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Hersheypark Revealing 2015 Ride on August 12th!

Hersheypark Revealing 2015 Ride on August 12th!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Hersheypark has shared the above image along with the news that they will announce their 2015 ride on August 12th. The theme park promises to release new hints and teases each Tuesday leading up to the big announcement.

A local newspaper also received an interesting tarot card invitation to the announcement, which will take place at the Midway Tent inside the park, a part of the Midway America section. The newspaper has since removed the back of the card, but you can still check it out at this link. The front of the card features a hand drawn fortune teller, and the back hints at a "new spin on an old classic." The entire card - along with the image above - seems closely themed to a classic midway area, even down to the font used.

So what could all this mean? Well, considering the new ride appears to be in Midway America due to the announcement location, the theming of the invite makes sense. As far as the hardware goes, if this were a big spinning, dropping, soaring type of ride one might think that would be reflected in some way - which from my perspective it is not. I might go as far as saying that we could see some sort of indoor, fun house / dark ride attraction, though I must also note that the park already has a dark ride shooter in the form of the Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge.
Hopefully the clues the park reveals will tell us more, but for now we can take a look at the section of the park that looks to be redeveloped. The yellow area seems like prime space to be wiped clean, with the Midway Tent, slides and a couple kiddie rides taking up an area equal to the size of several large water park attractions. Clearing all that out would leave plenty of space for a big new attraction.

I'm exciting to hear more from the park - stay tuned!
Source

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
For some reasons, their big image for 2015 attraction seems to show a firework farting! xD Great impact so we can hope something to come! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I'm guessing Wildcat will get Iron Horsed. I know that seems like a stretch because it isn't six flags but RMC announced that they where working on three projects for 2015 trough 2016. That means that there can be 2 others besides Wildfire. Also Wildcat was insanely rough when I rode it. on top of that its next to where there announcing it and the words " a new spin on an old classic" just back up an Iron Horse
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I'm going with Premier Launched coaster.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
^^ How does a premier launch coaster fit with the "new spin on an old classic" hint, in your estimation? Just by virtue of being a launched coaster, or perhaps a launcher that varies in forward/backward movement?

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I think an iron horse treatment is possible but not likely, the other 2 rmc projects are likely SFMM and SFNE. New spin on an old classic does suggest a rehab project though, another possibility is that spinning coaster that was proposed the same time as skyrush. Outside of coasters, Hershey lacks a drop tower, I would say falcon's fury is definitely fits the new spin on a classic catagory, but Hershey isn't a fan of prototypes much less ones that dont work, on the other hand Hershey does seem to have a positive relationship with Intamin
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!