Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Hi! I'm new here =^_^=

Hi! I'm new here =^_^=

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post November 11th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,341.00 Points

Hey! I'm kinda new here, I want to post some rides I made, does any one still post?

Also I kinda suck at supports, I kinda need help with making custom ones, if anyone knows how to teach that lol. I made a fairly aggressive 4-d and I have no idea how to support it..... Should I just post it frameless?

Post November 11th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
With the supports, do you know how to place ground, track, and free nodes?

Post November 11th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Are you talking about Scream Machines?
American Eagle Lover

Post November 11th, 2009, 6:11 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Just hit the create auto supports button [:D]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 12th, 2009, 10:39 am

Originally posted by Omnigeek6

With the supports, do you know how to place ground, track, and free nodes?

I do know how to make auto and super basic custom supports, but a lot of the track work I designed is too twisted for my limited expertise lol.

I can design pretty good coasters, I just can't get them to stand on their own realistically. Btw I also just finished my first No limits coaster. I'm gonna post one I recently finished, "DJ". A lot of my roller coasters are named after friends of mine. It's not the first I designed, but I feel its a good one to start posting with y'know?

Post November 12th, 2009, 11:49 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Welcome! It's cool to see some new Scream Machines users out there.

There are only like a couple users here on the site that still build in Scream Machines and upload rides. I build occasionally something in Scream Machines, but I never get it properly finished to actually upload it.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post November 13th, 2009, 1:55 am

thanks, I'll try to do Sm justice lol. Can anyone please comment? I'd like some feedback if possible.

I didn't realize you can only post two per day, I might have done that a little differently.... Ah, well. So I have a cool and very unique Corkscrew named Nick. Who is a very weird, but cool friend of mine. I think I'll post that next.

Post November 13th, 2009, 2:00 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
You should post your NL ride man! Many more people use NL on this site then SM. Nothing against SM at all, just saying you may get more feedback on your NL ride since there are more NL users! Plus hey, it's more work of yours people get to see!!! So yeah, welcome to the site man! I don't have SM myself, so I wouldn't mind seeing what you have NL wise!!!

Post November 13th, 2009, 2:53 am

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Take my advice, SM is a wonderful coaster simulation to have and im glad you've made a wise choice there. SM has alot of potential there is so much you can do in this simulation.

Post November 13th, 2009, 2:58 am

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points
Welcome to the site new builder =P I can help ya out of making custom supports. Just drop me a PM and I'll help ya out. There aren't too many people using SM now, but we do have some good builders for the few that still play [:)]

Post November 13th, 2009, 3:57 am

Oh and by the way anytime if you need new additional themes or skyboxes for your SM creations, well here are the links below. Again I welcome you.

blueburst is
http://www.mediafire.com/?iw1qx2mugjn

SkyFreshPlus is
http://www.mediafire.com/?wtq2t5mxiyj

Desert theme pack is
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmnyrzm2ghe

Snow Field pack is
http://www.mediafire.com/?nynol3yyymd

Post November 13th, 2009, 4:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterbum

Take my advice, SM is a wonderful coaster simulation to have and im glad you've made a wise choice there. SM has alot of potential there is so much you can do in this simulation.

Are you suggesting that it is a wiser choice to get SM over NL?

I think the wise choice, based on the fact they're both so cheap, is to get both of them. You are right to say there is a lot of potential with SM, but the difference between NL and SM, is that NL has largely realised it's potential and is now awesome, whereas SM has not, and is not awesome [lol]. Nah, the real point is, there is a lot of stuff you can do with SM that you cannot with NL, but NL is by far the better sim, for many many reasons, so it does make sense to have both, unless you genuinely are poor, in which case, why would you have either? Or the internetz?

Post November 13th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Originally posted by gouldy

Originally posted by coasterbum

I think the wise choice, based on the fact they're both so cheap, is to get both of them. You are right to say there is a lot of potential with SM, but the difference between NL and SM, is that NL has largely realised it's potential and is now awesome, whereas SM has not, and is not awesome [lol]. Nah, the real point is, there is a lot of stuff you can do with SM that you cannot with NL, but NL is by far the better sim, for many many reasons, so it does make sense to have both, unless you genuinely are poor, in which case, why would you have either? Or the internetz?

I kinda like Sm more than NL. There is more "hands on" control with SM than NL, and NL is too technical. YOu'd have to come up with whole equations in NL to do simple things in SM. Like making turns even.

Post November 13th, 2009, 9:13 pm

No i've never mentioned that at all since they are both good games to have. One might like the other one better but everyone has there own choices to make. I just happen to be a SM fan myself coz I love SM. It's nothing wrong about sharing our thoughts of how good it really is to have one since this is a SM section were in.

Post November 14th, 2009, 12:00 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Metalkat

I kinda like Sm more than NL. There is more "hands on" control with SM than NL, and NL is too technical. YOu'd have to come up with whole equations in NL to do simple things in SM. Like making turns even.

Actually, NL has more "hands on" control than you think. It's actually pretty similar with SM. Only difference is the whole interface and looks.
You're probably talking more about the extra tools what NL has. Those are cool if you want like 100% control over the G-Forces.
As a NL coaster builder from the old days (Since NL1.1), I've always ignored all those tools and kept it with building with all those nodes. In some way, I've always liked the extra challenge of building it in such way, that the g's are still pretty much under my control. [:)]

Post November 14th, 2009, 11:56 am

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Actually, NL has more "hands on" control than you think. It's actually pretty similar with SM. Only difference is the whole interface and looks.
You're probably talking more about the extra tools what NL has. Those are cool if you want like 100% control over the G-Forces.
As a NL coaster builder from the old days (Since NL1.1), I've always ignored all those tools and kept it with building with all those nodes. In some way, I've always liked the extra challenge of building it in such way, that the g's are still pretty much under my control. [:)]

That is true, but I guess I'm referring to the way it adds segments, they come out weird and you have to fix them, versus SM where the come out straight and you just mold it how you need it,

Post November 14th, 2009, 11:57 am

Just outta curiosity, has anyone here downloaded anything I posted?

Post November 14th, 2009, 1:00 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

YOu'd have to come up with whole equations in NL to do simple things in SM. Like making turns even.

wtf are you talking about?

I'd like to think some of my coasters are alright and I've never used a single equation.

I will agree that NL is more precise than SM, but more technical? It's the same control system...? Place node, move node, rotate note, place next node etc etc...

Post November 14th, 2009, 1:10 pm

Just outta curiosity, has anyone here downloaded anything I posted?

Yes and I just wrote a review for you based on your track work.

Post November 14th, 2009, 7:14 pm

YOu'd have to come up with whole equations in NL to do simple things in SM. Like making turns even.

wtf are you talking about?

I'd like to think some of my coasters are alright and I've never used a single equation.

I will agree that NL is more precise than SM, but more technical? It's the same control system...? Place node, move node, rotate note, place next node etc etc...

Post November 14th, 2009, 9:13 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oh, everything is clear to me now that you've quoted me and not responded to it at all. [lol]

Post November 15th, 2009, 1:02 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Oh, everything is clear to me now that you've quoted me and not responded to it at all. [lol]

Maybe it was an QFT? (Quoted For Truth) [lol]

Post November 15th, 2009, 9:24 am

lol wow it just..... didn't post what I typed.... Wow.

The banking, actual shaping of the track, lifts, stations.....

They all have added steps. I mean yeah, it gives you more room to work with, but sometimes its too much, it just gets tedious.

Post November 15th, 2009, 10:39 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I don't know what added steps we're talking about though? Having used NL and SM, you build the coasters in the same way. You place the node and move it to where you want it and rotate it tp the angle you want it, set the banking you want and then place the next node... this is the same for both NL and SM. Even with lift hills, you place the nodes where you want them and the decide the speed of the lift hill etc... Where are the extra steps you're talking about?

Post November 16th, 2009, 4:18 pm

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Yeah, one thing I love about NL is that the G's are easier to control. And the simulator often seems more intense. But it's taking me longer to make shorter rides, I guess when I get used to it that'll change.... But I gotta post another ride in sm before I post one in NL

Next

Return to Scream Machines