Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Holiday World Adds a Launched WingRider - Pics and Video!

Holiday World Adds a Launched WingRider - Pics and Video!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
More recent POV is up along with a reverse!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Yaaaaaaay Thank you for posting our video :)
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Paradox User avatar

Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Yaaaaaaay Thank you for posting our video :)

Np. Anything is better than Robb screaming the entire way through.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

I actually had to edit that reverse POV. It was a rush trying to get it uploaded as quick as I could. Expect more footage tonight!

Paradox User avatar

Was that you in the video?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

This coaster looks ridiculously fun! Just listen to the guy's reaction at the launch! I really want to ride this now, and I'm jealous of anyone who got to ride :D
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox wrote:
Was that you in the video?

No, it was Tom.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
The inversions and twists in the forest area do make this Wingrider look special! Looks like HW they love to give us the feel of flying through trees, even on a steel coaster! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
I like how Thunderbird is the top trend on Twitter right now. :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

I gotta hot date tonight!

Absolutely hands down, THE best wing coaster in the U.S.

Paradox User avatar

^I would go as far as saying world, but apparently Parrot Coaster packs a punch!

I heard the Thunderbird ice cream and the food at the new smokehouse are great!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

The smokehouse is amazing. Thunderbird is incredibly forceful. I was greying out.

Paradox User avatar

Wait did you just say "B&M" and "forceful"????

Those are oxymorons!

How was the S hill? It looked somewhat snappy.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

It gives you a nice little pop, and the fly through barn is, dude, just omg.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

How is the launch? Is it as good as it looks in the video?
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

I didn't think the launch was going to be that intense, but that thing hauls ass. I couldn't catch my breath. The Zero G roll was my absolute favorite part.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Wait did you just say "B&M" and "forceful"????

I firmly believe they're capable upon request, and that the request is not often made. They're not like GCI where all of their rides have been weak or anything.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

^Have you even ridden a GCI? They are full of airtime.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

10448219_10206422700355522_643158486220165487_n.jpg

I'll give my little review, but words and pictures can simply not do it justice. First of all I want to say, I have a new personal favorite roller coaster. I love Wing Coasters, obviously. I went in to the park expecting it to be a good coaster, but X Flight was my bae, and Voyage is bae. (Also Voyage didn't stop on MCBR today.) I didn't rush into the queue because I had to wait for my family to get their passes. (I just got a sticker on mine. :lol:) I really just walked around the plaza and just looked around. The Theming in this section of park is incredible, it is nothing like I've ever seen Holiday World do. Every detail is accounted for. The gift shop is nice, but the theming in it, isn't as good as the outsides of buildings. The new restaurant "Smokehouse" was absolutely freakin' amazing. I had a pulled pork sandwich (I live in the BBQ capital of the world so If the BBQ is bad, I will straight up tell you. No remorse. i take my BBQ seriously.) and it was just the way I like it. Sweet and Tangy. I seriously recommend it. I ate it after I rode Thunderbird, which I probably should have done first because I might not have greyed out. I rode on an empty stomach, but anyways.

As soon as you walked into the park they gave you a boarding ticket with designated riding times, and I don't even know if they looked at the times because I had 5-6 pm and my family had 6-7. ANYWAYS. The Queue isn't as long as it appears to be, most of the waiting takes place outside of the station. There's maybe a 20 minute wait with all the switchbacks full in the station. But after you get split into which wing you sit on, it seems like seconds. I sat down in the seat, and my cousin sat next to me. We we're both nervous considering it was B&M's first launch and I didn't know what to expect. After a few minutes of sitting there buckled in because some dude was too large to fit; we were off.

The little show building is astonishing. Fog fills the front of the room and loud and I mean LOUD thunder clashes and the lights have this cool sequence and then you're ass is out of there. They say 0-60 in 3.5 but that felt like it was 60 in 2. I couldn't breathe it was so intense. I think sitting on the wings really makes the difference in the intensity of the launch. and going into the Immelmann, I greyed out, at the top, I was fine, and then going into the loop I greyed out. the Hammerhead, I greyed out. The Zero G roll was my favorite part no doubt. Something about the smaller trains makes the Zero G roll much more snappy and more intense. That double fly through barn is way more insane then I thought it was going to be. I raised my legs and ducked my head. The Inline on Thunderbird is also way more snappier than X-Flights and the laterals are crazy. The ride does not let up at all.

The second you're out of that station, it is in full gear. It may look like it's going slow in videos or pictures, but trust me, That loop is insanely forceful. Even though I love Holiday World, and I love Wing Coasters, Launches, and B&M, I didn't think it would take my #1 spot for best coaster. But it absolutely earned it's place. I seriously can't wait to get back on it. The hour and a half wait was way more than worth it. I rode it with the LED's on and It really made it look a hell of a lot cooler.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
^Have you even ridden a GCI? They are full of airtime.

Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Even though I love Holiday World, and I love Wing Coasters, Launches, and B&M, I didn't think it would take my #1 spot for best coaster. But it absolutely earned it's place. I seriously can't wait to get back on it. The hour and a half wait was way more than worth it. I rode it with the LED's on and It really made it look a hell of a lot cooler.

Great review and
gGreat to hear B&M have delivered on this ride. I agree with CK that parks perhaps having been asking for more intense rollercoaster, but either way hopefully this inspires B&M / other parks to create some more rides that have intensity and impact!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

I blurred my families face for their privacy. But the camera took 3 photos, and my favorite was the second, and my mother was the one purchasing the picture so I didn't complain, until I saw which one she chose. I was flenching because the fly through is so close, and I guess that camera timed it so I'd look like I had a super double chin. I laugh everytime I see it because it completely captured my freaked out reaction. My cousin next to me was flenching as well. It comes really close.
image.jpg

Paradox User avatar

The barn is getting painted!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!