Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster How to make proper lift drops in Newton 2

How to make proper lift drops in Newton 2

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 4th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

I'm having an issue with a normal force pump in the top of a lift. For the transition to level out the lift, I have two options:

1: Use curved geometry and transition to multi-zone force. This creates a pump.

2: Use multi-zone force for the whole thing, but in order to keep the geometry of the lift from being impossibly small, I have to change the lift speed in Newton to make the geometry better; this will trick Newton into thinking that the train is going faster than it will really go and thus will create a larger, smoother crest of the lift hill. However, what this does is that it skews the results of the G forces, so the results of what I see in Newton will be different than I will see in the simulator because I am using a slower speed on the lift hill than I entered into Newton.

Is there a way to have both a smooth transition between curved geometry and multi-zone force, or is there a way to make a proper sized hill crest with multi-zone force at slow speed, whilst keeping the G's in Newton accurate?

Post August 4th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Question: when you use curved geometry, do you set your leadout angle to 0 degrees?

If not, you may get a pump.
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post August 4th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 201.00 Points
try to use a linear transition with the vertical G's if you switch from curved to multizone...I get no bumps with that

Post August 4th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
Here's how I do it and it works really well. I use a curved geometry section to make it a pitch of -15 degrees WITH NO LEADOUT (probably knew this already) with a manual speed (speed of the lift). This is normally where the train picks up enough speed to where it unhooks from the lift and travels on its own. After that, I use another curved geometry section. Make it the same radius with no lead-in or lead-out, and keep the speed at "auto". After that, start using force sections, and make sure that your normal forces GO UP on your first section, or you WILL get a pump. To reach your desired steepness, change the angle of the 2nd curved geometry section and the time/transition of the force section.

Hopefully this helps.

Return to No Limits Coaster