Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Hunter (B&M Dive Machine)

Hunter (B&M Dive Machine)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 20th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
My newest project, just trying out ideas atm. But I've got the ride type, a B&M Dive Machine. I wanna do something different from the current real designs. Just lettin you know, I am doing something.

It'll have a theme along the lines of; forest, tribal, witchcraft.

http://i28.tinypic.com/21uc81.jpgDrop

http://i31.tinypic.com/scaomb.jpg Start of second part.

http://i25.tinypic.com/13zbpex.jpg

NOTHING is set in stone yet, not even that drop, so watch this space.
Last edited by bob_3_ on September 13th, 2009, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 20th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Looks nice. I think the theme is pretty neat. Also, how did you make the third screenie? I've never been able to.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 10th, 2009, 10:28 am

http://i30.tinypic.com/dol10m.jpg

Update: Ok, I've done a first draft layout. It;s not perfect and it's not smooth, but there are moments that really work, you can't really tell how it runs from the picture though you'll have to trust me.

Post August 10th, 2009, 10:57 am

Points on hand: 761.00 Points
What the hell is that thing in the right side of the second picture? Fantastic layout, by the way. Is that drop beyond vertical?

Post August 10th, 2009, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 576.00 Points

Post August 10th, 2009, 11:30 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by griffonluv

Looks nice. I think the theme is pretty neat. Also, how did you make the third screenie? I've never been able to.

You need a program where you can select colors and change their hues, saturations and lightness. In photoshop, its easy. Take the picture with no grid. Then, once in photoshop, select the color, change its lightness to 100 and itll turn any color white. Select the track, change its lightness to -100. Turns it black. Voila.

Post August 10th, 2009, 12:14 pm

What the hell is that thing in the right side of the second picture? Fantastic layout, by the way. Is that drop beyond vertical?

Nah. I didn't see the point in going beyond 90*.

Post August 25th, 2009, 4:53 am

Ok I've changed the layout. It does the same thing but I've switched it round abit. There were too many left turns, I perfer this new layout, so it'll probably stick. (again Ignore the colour, I haven't properly thought about that yet)

http://i31.tinypic.com/2l9l388.jpg

Post August 25th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,561.00 Points
Pretty Cool????????????????????????????????????I looooooooooo~ve it!!
Image??????????????????Wow????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

But,I didn't found the waterbrake in your picture.......
Image(Disappointed)

Post August 25th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Originally posted by griffonluv

You need a program where you can select colors and change their hues, saturations and lightness. In photoshop, its easy. Take the picture with no grid. Then, once in photoshop, select the color, change its lightness to 100 and itll turn any color white. Select the track, change its lightness to -100. Turns it black. Voila.

Ah. Alright. Thanks.

Bob, I definitely like the newer layout. It looks more exciting. Would you say this is the final layout?
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 25th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
I'm always impressed with the layouts on you coasters. I am really liking how this one looks. Good work[pshades]

Post August 26th, 2009, 2:21 am

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points

Post August 26th, 2009, 4:53 am

Originally posted by hzgarfield

Pretty Cool????????????????????????????????????I looooooooooo~ve it!!
Image??????????????????Wow????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

But,I didn't found the waterbrake in your picture.......
Image(Disappointed)

Lol....

But yeah, I don't believe water brakes work as well on NL than in real-life, so I decided against it.

Post August 26th, 2009, 1:15 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
That is such an unbelieveably sexy coaster.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post August 26th, 2009, 1:21 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by bob_3_

yeah, I don't believe water brakes work as well on NL than in real-life, so I decided against it.

What people usually do is make the water a 3ds, put either brakes or magnets under the water and then 'hide brake device'.

Post August 26th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Yeah but it doesn't add anything to the ride. I'm aware of how to make them, heck I've even tried one out on this ride, but they're really boring to ride in a sim.

The only reason I like them in real life is the rooster tail that follows the train, you can't get that in NL so I don't see any point in having one on NL, esspecially as I don't intend using any objects on this ride.

Post September 13th, 2009, 5:40 am

Announcing: HUNTER

New Colours: http://i31.tinypic.com/fcmn8z.jpg

I know red is such a common dive coaster colour, and I've done a red floorless before. But I just think it's the most striking colour and the one thats worked best for the theme, I feel.

I changed the bottom of the drop area because I wanted it to be abit more open down there, I didn't like the immelman going under the first drop.

Post September 17th, 2009, 10:21 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Go back to the old colors. It was so sleak and sexy. The red + grey has been done 8 million times.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 17th, 2009, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points

Post September 17th, 2009, 10:37 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

^^thirded
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 18th, 2009, 8:30 am

^ The white?

I love it but it would be my 3rd white coaster =(. The black was too dark, wasn't bold enough and didn't stand out.

My last coaster was blue.

Green doesn't stand out enough, yellow doesn't suit the feel I want for the ride.

I'll have a play but I'll get a better idea of colours when I get the supports in, but for now I have some gripes with the layout that need sorting, and some mega smoothing needs to take place. Sad times. Thanks for the feedback though.

Post September 18th, 2009, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Dude, that black looked REALLY good, it would really stand out if you had a park revolving around it. It looked so sleak and...

SHEXY...[8D]
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post September 18th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Hmm ok, I'll give it a go, I'm thinking of supports though. I don't want to do "double black" (ie Oblivion) I think thats abit far..

Post September 18th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

Originally posted by bob_3_

Announcing: HUNTER

New Colours: http://i31.tinypic.com/fcmn8z.jpg

Looks good, but PLEASE don't use that font ever again. At least not for a coaster called "Hunter". It makes the name look like a joke.

But yeah, other than that, looks good!

Post September 19th, 2009, 7:54 am

Yeah I'm not using that font, was just playing about really.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area