Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Hurricane Harbor Texas Announces Wahoo Racer for 2014

Hurricane Harbor Texas Announces Wahoo Racer for 2014

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points

Another new mat racing water slide has been announced for the U.S., and this one is being billed as the largest of its kind! Opening at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Arlington, Texas, this Summer, the new Wahoo Racer will be an exciting addition to the water park, which is located near Six Flags Over Texas.

Wahoo Racer will stand 60 feet tall and feature six twisted lanes, seen in the concept art posted above. It will be manufactured by WhiteWater West, one of the leading suppliers of water park attractions.

Described as "a two-tiered slide mat racer that first sends you on an intense, winding stretch through colorful tubes before shooting you out into six racing track-styled lanes," the ride looks like a first of its kind.

This photo was taken directly from WhiteWater's website, and is what makes me think that the new slide at Hurricane Harbor may be a first. The concept art posted above is a combination of this image along with the twisty section at the top added. That also is why the park is describing the attraction as "two-tiered."

Looks like a great combination, and I'm all for extending the ride time of mat racers even further!

Originally posted by Mike H @NewsPlusNotes
Last edited by Turbo on February 13th, 2014, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Update!
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, located in Arlington, Texas, is ready to open what is being billed as the world's largest water slide of its type this Memorial Day Weekend. The large water park is located near Six Flags Over Texas, and has set out on an expansion plan that includes several new slides - including one for 2014.

Seen above, the brand new Wahoo Racer is one of WhiteWater's Whizzard mat racing slides, complete with six separate lanes. I have to also say that I think the color combination on this one is one of my all time favorites!
Starting at nearly 60 feet above the ground, riders lay face first on a mat and start downward through a braided section of slides. At the middle of the ride they swirl through a helix, gaining even more speed. The final section contains a final plummet downward to the finish line. Racers will be timed so that a winner can be declared after each race.

Last season the park added the Typhoon Twister and Tsunami Surge slides, both of which are newer styles of water park slides. One is a bowl slide, while the other features a wave wall that rafts soar up after an initial drop.
Source

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!