Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Hydra - 2005 - Month Hold

Hydra - 2005 - Month Hold

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 7th, 2005, 1:15 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
http://nldc.interfix.net/p209

I wanted to do this project once it started to get going. The shaping was so odd on it that I just knew I had to attempt it. The only problem was there wasnt any way I would be able to do the 3ds or surrounding areas, I have since quit doing that stuff majorly since TTD2003.

Thats when I contacted Tyrant who completely willingly agreed to take on this project with me.

I will be in control of the track and supports and Tyrant will supply some breathtaking 3d work to flesh out the ride. Tyrant is also good for other things like checking the accuracy, bitching and whining. Hes quite good at the latter two. ;-)

But in all seriousness, my goal is to produce a ride experience no ones gotten from a recreation yet. Yea, not even TTD should compare. Tyrant has ridiculous skills in both texturing and modeling which will be just as much an asset to the ride as the time Im spending perfecting the track. I spent just over 2 days working on the station-lift hill and I think its come out quite well.
Last edited by Real on October 2nd, 2005, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 7th, 2005, 6:15 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

So far it looks great. Hopefully you recreate that awesome looking cobra roll with perfection.

Post January 7th, 2005, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

WHAT????

You again? Why am I hearing about another phenominal project that is coming from your machine? Haven't I told you about what will happen to me if you release yet something else that will blow your last projects away? Geesh man, I thought we were friends!!!!

But .... if sending me home to be with the Lord is what you really want to do, far be it from me to really argue. I shall ensure that everything is prepared here with my estate ...

Geesh, my wife is gonna be pissed ...

[lol]

Post January 7th, 2005, 11:15 am

I was just keeping my promise TCon ;)

But Im working to not only recreate it, but the shaping will match (as close as I can get) to the real thing. Yes, that cobra roll will be the hardest part. Right now Im working on the section from the drop to the first cork, its a pain, but I know itll come to me in the next few days.

Post January 7th, 2005, 11:26 am

haha ...

Seriously though ... look at the contortion and detailing of this:

Image Insert:
66.1 KB
http://www.rcdb.com/ig2528.htm?picture=16

Man, you really have your hands full with THAT track!!

Post January 7th, 2005, 11:44 am

Oh trust me, I have a folder with over 100mb of pictures of Hydra. Im ready to go once I get there. Its going to be a pain I know that.

Post January 7th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Post January 7th, 2005, 5:24 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Holy crapanoly! I could only dream of a heartline roll that smooth. Heartline rolls and zero g rolls are something which I find impossible to do to any kind of good standard. I was going to try a recreation of this but then thought to myself "How the contortionists leg muscles am I going to do that heartline roll!?" but it looks as if I'm not going to have to recreate it anyway, cus looks like I'm going to able to ride the "Real" (excuse the pun) thing on my computer......or near enough to the real thing anyway [lol]

I dream of the day I can build a track as authentic feeling as one created by you, ahwell, looking forward to when this is complete [:D]

Post January 7th, 2005, 6:18 pm

Heartline rolls and zero g rolls are something which I find impossible to do to any kind of good standard

Why put yourself through all that hassle when you could just use elementary? haha
But of course the elements you get out of elementary still need some tweeking ;)

Post January 7th, 2005, 7:57 pm

And those elements are all the same. In order to actually impliment those elementary stuff into custom rides in which its not just the standard roll you gotta know some mad math skills. At least IMO.

I have used no elementary so far in Hydra, not even for that roll. Nor will I for the Zero G. Just wait and see ;)

Post January 8th, 2005, 12:11 am

I agree, elements, especially like the wierd shaped ones on Hydra would be extremely hard to remake in elementary. However, the elements do provide a good base to work with for people who don't have hours of spare time to work on projects, like me lol.

Post January 8th, 2005, 1:43 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

tha heartline roll is awsome, I compared it to actual pictures, and it matches up really well, guess I better drop my try at it, I've been working on that barrol roll for a long time, with no luck, but it seems your doing alright.

Post January 8th, 2005, 2:20 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by thecool326

I've been working on that barrol roll for a long time, with no luck, but it seems your doing alright.

Bit of an understatement ey it that? [lol]
I don't think I would have used the word "alright"

Post January 8th, 2005, 4:21 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ lol, yeah.
well, if you feel like you need a tester, I know some one who would really like to test this ride, and see it before other people see it. Not gonna mention any names though...
you've also inspired me to do a Riddler's Revenge creation, so far its taken me several hours to get the drop correct, and I'm still working on it. I'm still messing around with the dive loops, and the loop, also. Now when you build, do you do everthing slowly at one time? Or, if you need to have something line up correctly, do you build the next segment to see if its lined up right, and continue building, or what?

Post January 9th, 2005, 4:46 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Looks really good at this point Real! I love all your rides as everyone is shaped properly and dead smooth too, you must learn damn quick or just have years of experience. I also see you have the master 3ds maker as well with you.

Post January 9th, 2005, 7:04 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Awesome roll you have there. Looking forward to seing the rest of the ride[:)]

Post January 9th, 2005, 2:01 pm

Originally posted by Matt

you must learn damn quick or just have years of experience.

Actually, both. I started in July of 2002, so really just over 2 years. But Im a very fast learner, I spend hours learning techniques that I then later apply. Instead of just doing tons of tracks day after day.

More screens should come shortly...

Post January 9th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Originally posted by Real

Originally posted by Matt

you must learn damn quick or just have years of experience.
Actually, both. I started in July of 2002, so really just over 2 years. But Im a very fast learner, I spend hours learning techniques that I then later apply. Instead of just doing tons of tracks day after day.

Ugh .... anyone else feel the need to jump off a bridge? [lol]

Post January 10th, 2005, 7:43 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post January 10th, 2005, 11:47 pm

No need to be attempting suicide. I havent even gotten to the good stuff (elements) yet!!

;)

===================

Small update: Two pictures of "in progress" Incline Dive Loop. ***

http://nldc.interfix.net/p209

***Yes, I know theres a small difference in the apex in the comparison picture, hence why its there. Its really close.

Post January 11th, 2005, 12:23 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

you might want to change the colors, one looks golden and pretty, the other looks all glowy and sexy.

V wow, that was an extremely fast reply[lol]

Post January 11th, 2005, 12:25 am

^Only 2 minutes...Ive replied much faster when I leave a window open :P

Well, I wont pick colors yet. Gotta remember, especially those photos, they were edited. Im quite sure they look slightly different, but Ill probably take a pool of pictures and take an average color.

Unless I can get someone to verify the "correctness" of colors, I do that myself and I understand how much color can change with some simple and fast photoshop alterations to make up for bad photography, or, just the lighting conditions outside.

Post January 11th, 2005, 4:43 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Thanks real, now I have another reason for suicide [lol]

Post January 11th, 2005, 5:44 pm

Hey now, theres never a reason for suicide. Especially when it comes to computers :P

(except maybe when you have to do tech work....nah, but close)

Post January 12th, 2005, 7:27 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

bump, I want to hear more on this soon to be your best project ever, hopefully.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area