Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 I can't make a top hat!

I can't make a top hat!

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post February 14th, 2014, 12:14 am

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
I have been having a hell of a time making an outside top hat that is... shaped like a top hat. I feel as though I haven't had too many problems adapting to NL2 overall (slowly anyway), but I just can't figure it out.

I should have saved an example to take a screen shot, but I'm not that smart and after the frustration of working for quite some time to end up with nothing ended in me leaving my latest effort without saving.

But, I guess what I'm asking is what (in your opinion) would be the most common mistakes in making a top hat? I've been looking at pictures nonstop, from almost every angle and almost every Intamin ride that has one, but I just can't get it. It's usually the lateral gs that are an issue, in both directions. I know there will be SOME lats, but I'm saying it's been pretty problematic.

Should the track ideally hit vertical (or close to it) before any rotation? Do they tend to begin rotating before hitting vertical? I think this is my issue, or at least part of it.

I know this is not the best question without an image but maybe someone can just throw out any advice they have on the correct way to design an (Intamin) outside top hat and with any luck I'll be able to figure it out. I mean, I know how to make the track do just about anything else I want it to and I've been playing for a long time so I'm hoping it won't take much for me to get it, once I know what it is that's likely causing the problem. If I have to I'll give it a try again tomorrow so I can include a screen shot.

Post February 15th, 2014, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Are you like having a hard time shaping an in-line twist, because a 90 degree quick twist for a tophat is, I guess, similar to what riders would feel on a roll section. Like you, I also find that tricky element just hard to build, so I'm leaving that project aside for ages. Waiting for good tips, thanks NL experts. [approve]
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post February 15th, 2014, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Yeah, I think that's probably part of the issue, but in my case it's not even a full roll... not sure if this makes it easier or harder, but either way I continue to fail miserably. I'm trying to make one that's just a 90 degree turn in-90 degree turn out versus something like Kingda Ka or TTD's 270 degree downward spin, so that should only make it easier but it's an ongoing problem. Or, I'll get the lats right and the vertical Gs are insane. Just can't seem to win here.

I did try doing it with the in-game FVD instead of by hand, but I didn't really have any better luck. Maybe it would be easier to try doing it in two halves....

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2