Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion I found this looking on the net

I found this looking on the net

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 15th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
Heritage USA
Fort Mill, SC (1978-1989)

Heritage USA is located in Fort Mill, SC. It's about 2 miles down the street from Paramount's Carowinds. This Christian Theme Park has been closed and abandoned for well over a decade, so we wanted to check out how the place looks now.

http://www.tommyandjames.net/heritageusa.html
Last edited by thundermat on August 15th, 2006, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 15th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Cool find thundermat. Hopefully someone will come along and fix it up, that waterpark looks awesome.

Post August 15th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
I know...seriously, cause that looks pretty sweet. I'll fix it up! The hardest parts would be getting rid of that garbage water, and finding something to do with that 500 room hotel. :)

Post August 15th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

well... make it a working hotel? [lol]

yeah that looks like a well cool park. i'd help u fix it up brok
Rarwh

Post August 15th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

That's really cool. I always think it's interesting when places are just abandoned with no cleanup or demolision. All the chairs in the pools and lake makes it look like the park closed yesterday.

Post August 15th, 2006, 4:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
that looked like a nice little water park...it would be interesting to ge there and see it all closed down and nasty

Post August 15th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
Originally posted by zan_2003

well... make it a working hotel? [lol]

yeah that looks like a well cool park. i'd help u fix it up brok

OMG! GOOD IDEA I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT! lol, no I did, but it's like if I could rebuild that thing, I don't know if I would keep that hotel or not.

Post August 15th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
I remember when that place opened, it was a big deal for the Christian community. I also remembering hearing it closed.

Sad, you'd think with that kind of turnover someone would have been able to make a go of it. Renaming it and getting it out from under the taint of the Jim Baker scandal would have been the key.

Anyway, if you're interested in abandoned places (including amusement parks) I suggest Googling "Abandoned Places" with or without the quotes. I can browse this stuff for hours.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post August 15th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Yeah abandoned places are cool to look at. Theres an abandoned hotel right by my house, and i always think it wqould be a great theme for a ride, because it just looks so creepy. All the playground equipment is still there with huge plants and weeds growing all over it. I have loads of pictures, i might post them sometime. The thing that makes it creepier is that i can remember playing there when i was really little, and now i see it and its still the same, just falling apart.....

Post August 15th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

i would love to be there in the middle of the night, wonder how scary that would be. also i wounder if any of it is haunted?
Making screams come true

Post August 15th, 2006, 8:50 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i TOTALLY remember this place... it got shut down because the bakers were allegedly using it to launder money or something.. i never got to see many pictures of it .. but i totally remember the tammy faye and jim baker scandal.. too bad .. looks like a fun place..

Post August 15th, 2006, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

it looks like the kinda place I'd open back up an rennovate... too bad I'm not a crazy billionare

Post August 18th, 2006, 3:29 am

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
There's an interesting (and funny) documentary about that, called :in the eyes of Tammy Faye".

Return to Off Topic Discussion