Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster I had me an idea too!

I had me an idea too!

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 19th, 2003, 5:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

I had an idea too that I sent to Ole about a week ago. A Track/Train Importer.
Heres the steps:
(1)Select track-optional(*.MSH/3Ds)
(2)Select train-optional(*.MSH/3Ds)
(3)Select lift styled track-optional(*.MSH/3Ds)
(4)Importer places track and/or train into your data folder.
(5)Importer codes the style into the editor.
Waalaa! You're done.
I think this is a really cool idea. It would satisfy us and him. We could make our own, and he could throw his request list away. Anyone like this idea?? I'd make a bunch of tracks for those who don't know how to do 3Ds. Tracks are really easy to make in 3D anyway.
Last edited by SMer on November 19th, 2003, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 19th, 2003, 5:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

It has come to my attention that a certain "person" with a certain "user name" has a certain "issue" with this idea. He says it would take away from the realness of NL, it wouldn't. If a person wants to make an unrealistic track, they can make an unrealistic track, if another person wants to make a track realistic, they can do that too. Thats what's so good about it, you can make whatever you want. Anyone agree?

Post November 19th, 2003, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

It's a pretty good idea, I'll agree. I guess it just comes down to the individual and what enhancement they would prefer over another.
I personally could live with just one track style (corkscrew).
Plus the fact that I don't own 3DS anymore doesn't help peak my enthusiasm for the idea, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't make my own tracks. But you can guarantee that I'd be downloading the tracks from here if it ever did become a reality.
I just thought my idea about placing cameras in the Simulator would take almost no effort, compared to some of the feature requests people have.

Oh well, Heres to Wishing![:p]

Return to No Limits Coaster