Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion I hate buying off the internet!

I hate buying off the internet!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 23rd, 2005, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

ok yeah internet buying is stupid! ahh i ordered RTC2 on december 18th, becase my old disk broke EDIT:my old disk got a crack/scratch in it, so anyways AFTER i buy it, it says "Package should arrive between 12-28-05 to 1-09-06". and i paid like 7 bucks shipping! look ik now its christmas and all, and the mail is busy and stuff, but earlier that day, my mom decided to get netflix, and guess when the first DVD came? THE NEXT DAY!!! Im like w t f mate? Arggg im so mad!! anyways

anyone wanna loan me the setup file?[:D] jk
Last edited by Hepta on December 23rd, 2005, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,897.00 Points

im haveing sort of the same problem i want to order nolimits using a wire transfer but dont if i'll get my order

Post December 23rd, 2005, 4:17 pm

or rather lend me the css15.dat file as thats where the install stops responing

Post December 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Why would you buy RCT2 over the internet when you have to pay shipping fees along with it?

Just goto a store and find an old copy for $20 or something..shipping probably costs more than the game now [lol]

And also when you get things delivered, there are different delivery options you can choose. I'm sure Real can tell you all about those. Overnight, 2 day..etc

But..if DHL is delivering your package, I wouldn't expect it to ever come..DHL sucks..

Post December 23rd, 2005, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

my real question fornie is why would you even want RCT2? [lol]

Post December 23rd, 2005, 4:45 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,888.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well because it actually rules, that would be my answer anyway. Far better than RCT3 if you ask me, far more character.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 5:09 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
RCT3 is terrible, and it's an improvement over RCT1. It's the best version.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,249.00 Points

agreed. i got the demo of RCT3 and immediately hated it. i think the next tycoon should go back to basics except add some MAJOR improvements (new rides, theming, and more realism) and keep the stuff that's in RCT3. (fireworks, animals, night, and ability to get close and personal) guess we just have to see...
as for buying online, the only things i get online are things not in stores, jeans with MY size (hard to find) and special online deal thingies.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 5:17 pm

actually the total was 7.80 including shipping, but i didnt expect it to be that long anyways. oh yeah and i actually did get rtc3, and what do i think of it? IT SUCKS! lol well it does. atari messed it up. the game was just fine without making the "new look". i like the tool bar at the top, i like everything about rtc2. RTC2=♥

Post December 23rd, 2005, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Hepta

"Package should arrive between 12-28-05 to 1-09-06". and i paid like 7 bucks shipping!

Umm... Might want to read, it isn't the 28th yet...

Post December 23rd, 2005, 6:07 pm

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Originally posted by Hepta

"Package should arrive between 12-28-05 to 1-09-06". and i paid like 7 bucks shipping!

Umm... Might want to read, it isn't the 28th yet...

i know, its not supposed to come till then. see i ordered a new one after my old one got a crack scratch thing on it

Post December 23rd, 2005, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Umm yea. If you had gone with UPS Ground, assuming you live in a decently populated area of the US, its 3-5 days (most likly 3-4).

So, you order it on the 18th. Expect one day to process. Monday is processes. That means it ships out the Tuesday. If you went with UPS Ground, it would have a chance at getting to you by Yesterday if you were lucky, most likly today.

However, if you went with standard USPS mail which is normally 7-10 days regular, there is your problem. Plus with the holiday being over the weekend, alot of companies are giving the day before or day after (Fri or Mon) the holidays to compensate for both Eve and Christmas Day being on the weekend.

Its right on time. You should have chose a faster shipping method OR went to the stores.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 6:31 pm

yeah i know, but i already paid for it now

oh and i got it from half.com

Post December 23rd, 2005, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Umm yea. If you had gone with UPS Ground, assuming you live in a decently populated area of the US, its 3-5 days (most likly 3-4).

UPS sucks! When I ordered my Dell XPS, they delayed my order a week, then on the Friday I was supposed to get it, I tracked my package and it said "Out for shipping"... then they returned it back to their headquarters. I had to call them and say the computer was for home business (which it isn't), and that is was important I got it that same day instead of waiting until the following week.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
UPS ROCKS!!! I got my dell in like 4 days and as for Rct2 and 3....@ is the best of the three because i has far more bulding options and actually looks way better when you get an amazing park up and running. RCT3 is also a great game and all of you are just mad because its in 3d and you havn't gotten used to it yet. Or, you have and you just dont like the fact that it wasn't made by chris Sawyer (if thats how his name is spelled). Dont hate just because all your building techniques are still only being applied to RCT2. I love em both but RCT3 is the only one installed because i liek to ride my rides ^_^.

Post December 23rd, 2005, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

and im supposed to care why????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Post December 24th, 2005, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Originally posted by Real

UPS sucks! When I ordered my Dell XPS, they delayed my order a week, then on the Friday I was supposed to get it, I tracked my package and it said "Out for shipping"... then they returned it back to their headquarters. I had to call them and say the computer was for home business (which it isn't), and that is was important I got it that same day instead of waiting until the following week.

Was it UPS or Dell that delayed it? It is possible. I have had every shipping company in my life mess up at least once.

We ship hundreds of thousands of packages a day all around the world and not even FedEx comes close to the volume we do. I think we do something like 18x more per day than they do. We also have the highest ratio of packages sent where they should vs packages loaded into the wrong truck. Im not telling anyone where to ship, usually past experiences determine that.

Dell actually screwed me. I picked UPS 2nd Day shipping and it went via FedEx. I wouldnt be suprised if Dell screwed something up and it got to UPS late. Dont expect any of the shipping companies to be perfect, there IS a degree of error involved. When you compare the amount of volume we do compared to everyone else, theres no comparison. Im sorry to hear that. I hate hearing about shipments that dont make service date. Considering I worked 14 days of overtime just to make sure stuff made it where it was going the last 2 weeks.

Post December 24th, 2005, 4:50 pm

WOOT IT JUST CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Off Topic Discussion