Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster I have a question for Tia, also

I have a question for Tia, also

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 16th, 2003, 1:46 am

Points on hand: 2,433.00 Points
I remember last year on your "NL Tools" webpage, you were working on a tool that provided read-outs of speed and G-forces (similar to what Scream Machines has). Is that tool still on the drawing board?

Post November 16th, 2003, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,983.00 Points
u can get g's and speed on the simulator on the top bar

Post November 16th, 2003, 3:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,433.00 Points
Originally posted by goingevenloopier

u can get g's and speed on the simulator on the top bar

I forgot to mention...for the track editor

Post November 16th, 2003, 6:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,983.00 Points
i don't think u can yet unless tia has just released summing

Post November 16th, 2003, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,215.00 Points
He wasn't asking if you could. You can't. He was asking if Tia is working on it, and I personally hope she is! That would save a lot of the tedious work when making a coaster.

Post November 17th, 2003, 3:13 am
Tia User avatar

Points on hand: 2,791.00 Points

Hey there,
I don't remember ever saying I was working on this type of a tool? Of course, I'm half outta my mind so it wouldn't surprise me if I just simply forgot about it. Here's the thing, I don't know exactly the gravity simulation model used in NL, or the friction, or timing with brake deceleration or transport acceleration. Which means it would be pretty much impossible for me to come up with something that would be 100% accurate to the simulator. Dispite what some people think, I don't have open run of the source code to NL. For some reason some people think that I can (and have) simply copied code right out of the nl sim, which isn't true. Every bit of programming I've done for NL I've had to code 100% by myself. So while I agree that a speed and g-force read out would be awesome, I simply don't know how I could possibly get it to match to the sim perfectly.

- Tia

Return to No Limits Coaster