Board index Public Relations Introductions I'm back! Anyone remember me?

I'm back! Anyone remember me?

Say hi to the crowd of CoasterCrazians!

Post August 2nd, 2011, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

So, after 5 years I finally decided it was time to return to coaster design. Is anyone still here that remembers me from back in the day?

I just fired up NoLimits after transferring it to my new laptop, and man, biggest nostalgia ever. Had a quick ride on Black Halo (can't believe how well its still rated/downloaded!) and it was so wierd how I still remember all the work I put into so many little details. Good memories.

So, what's the NL scene like these days? Not dead I hope, unless something better's come out. I've got a lot of catching up to do. It'll take me a while, but I've got plenty of free time now so I'll definitely be working on making some more tracks soon. Got plenty of ideas built up!

Anyway, can't wait to get back into this. Hope some familiar names are still around!
[:D]

Post August 2nd, 2011, 5:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
Originally posted by Wing-Over

So, what's the NL scene like these days? Not dead I hope, unless something better's come out.

Definitely not as good as it was, sadly.

But you bet your ass that most of us would remember you! Black Halo, as you know, is still ridiculously awesome.

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
It's good to see you come back, Wing Over! Most of your rides have become rediculously popular. [lol][lol]
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,289.00 Points

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Lol I knew it was going to be Wing-Over. How exciting... get back to designing, ASAP [lol] [lol]

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Holy sh*t.

Dude, you're a legend in NL. I think AJClarke has a new person he might want to book on NLinterviews eh? [:D]

NL 2 is in the works, and is looking pretty good so far, um...I can't really say much more because it'd be too much.

Point being, NL is not dead, and is actually growing! We also still got ckmwm (PC13), dcs, jakizle, etc. I'm also sure that you see that CS is gone...

I don't know if you know, but a new tool has gotten really popular, it's called Newton 2. FVD's and HSAK and all of those other tools have kind of...faded? The NL field is getting a little too contaminated with these N2 tracks by people who really don't know how to use the program. But a lot of good designers are also putting out N2 rides with very successful results. It's all a matter of the designer really. I'm still looking forward to anyone that would still use FVD or HSAK. Still too complicated for me, that's how behind I am, I'm still a hand-builder lol.

Anyways, welcome back Wing-Over!
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:33 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Welcome back, dude! It's been a long time, you shouldn't have left us!

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:39 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
Haha I remember people speculating about where you went. I think some people even thought you died! Glad to see you're back.

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:42 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Welcome back! What happened? You left on New Years eve without warning! An urban legend was created that the new year ate you! [:D]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:54 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Huzzah! Great to see you back, man. I was afraid that the 2006 NLT chased you off or something... :p

Post August 2nd, 2011, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Haha, still very much alive. All that happened was I kinda ran out of ideas after black halo, so figured I'd take a break for while. Then I got into other things and just sorta forgot about NL. Although every now and then I got an awesome idea and wished I'd get back into it, but just never got around to it. Now those ideas have built up and I've got nothing else to do so I'm finally doing it. [:D]

Just been re-riding some of my classics, so many memories. [:)] Even found a couple of unreleased tracks, might get some of those up just to get back into things. [;)]

Newton 2 sounds very interesting, I'll have to check it out. FVD was a bit after my time, but was a very interesting concept and I'm keen to explore some vaguely related ideas. I still have very fond memories of elementary, I know I can do so much more with it now rather than just just haphazardly throwing numbers into HSAK.

Great to see you all again guys! [:D]

Post August 2nd, 2011, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
Wait... so that's not how you use HSAK? :P

Anyway, I have a feeling you'd love Newton 2. The power of it in the hands of a great designer is incredible.

By the way, if you go to Entropy's YouTube, he's got tutorials that can help with some potentially screwy elements like cobra rolls and such. You might not want to listen to how he leads out of lift hills though, because that doesn't work very well.

Post August 2nd, 2011, 9:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Wow ok then! Welcome back! Yeah the exchange is not what it used to be. Not seein many monster projects nowadays like urs. But there are some good tracks. And as far as fvds and ahg and elementary in general, all of that is completely obsolete. Newton combines all of those tools basically. Its either hand building, hand building plus ahg, or newton.

http://coastercrazy.com/news/newton2/20

Theres your download. Have fun!

Post August 2nd, 2011, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post August 2nd, 2011, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
I've heard a LOT you, Wing Over!! And who can't love your NL designs?! Black Halo is so amazing its like something that Leonardo Da Vinci or Michaelangelo would make! Nice to see really old members come back.

Post August 2nd, 2011, 11:58 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Damn dude, you were a major source of inspiration for me. glad to see that you're back!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post August 3rd, 2011, 12:11 am

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

We'd better see a ride from you tomorrow. You owe us!!!

Hahaha, good to have you back in the community man. Don't know about anybody else, but many of your rides still go through my sim now and again. Even after all this time, they still hold a high standard to what this simulator is capable of.

Post August 3rd, 2011, 12:19 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
With the team with NoLimits 2, which has updates posted every couple months or so.

Also, we still have a lot of good NL'ers like DCs and Jakizle still around, but A113 has gotten really good over the past 4 years and you may want to check out some of his rides and YouTube videos. As for me, I'm pretty "average", though I did have a moment of fame so-to-speak with Schizophrenia, despite a major tunnel test fail at the end.

But wow, I thought you were like dead or something since people said you just left like 6 years ago. Good to know that you're alive (literally)! Black Halo was pretty sweet.

Post August 3rd, 2011, 12:25 pm
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Dude you still exist! a legend, and a true inspiration for my early designs, cant wait to see your new stuff!
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post August 3rd, 2011, 12:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Good to see you're back!
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post August 3rd, 2011, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Post August 3rd, 2011, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I remember you. I was Popcorn on Coastersims and the person AJClarke0912 is slagging off (cheers [;)]). Good to see you back around, still no NL2 though. We might be waiting a while.

Post August 3rd, 2011, 5:41 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
The hero returns! Welcome!
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Post August 3rd, 2011, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Post August 3rd, 2011, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Welcome back Wing Over!
Can't wait to see you post in the Hard Hat Area :D

Next

Return to Introductions