Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area I'm building Nolimits Roller Coasters.

I'm building Nolimits Roller Coasters.

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 31st, 2013, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
After years.
I have a bunch of projects I want to complete before NL2 officially releases.

All of them are old and have problems I can point out but they've been built 5 or 4 years ago and have been abandoned.

Here's Kruger Safari still. lol

Oh yeah the grass 3ds didn't quite turn out the way I hoped, Too many Poly count needed to get the Kruger National Park idea for my Nvidia so I eventually decided to just do this. Keeping the tunnel safe is a horrible job with so many of these bamboo things.

Echo canyon.

New Horror indoor/outdoor thing I started messing on last year. This one requires a lot of theming but I already started on max. (Experimental but pretty awesome and eerie)

There's a particular feature about this thing I would like to discuss.

What do you guys think of this Saxophone into a LSM launched track? (upside down?) The Saxophone only produces -1.3G while the rest is -0.9G

It doesn't stop at the bottom it heads straight into the launch and takes about the same amount of time than those screaming squirrel things.

Kruger Safari might be out before the week ends.
Please share your thoughts.
Last edited by dj-dj on July 31st, 2013, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 1st, 2013, 10:11 am

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

I don't see why it could be a problem, it's realistic but just in a different context, just make sure it doesn't kill the pace

Post August 1st, 2013, 12:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
I think it could be pretty uncomfortable unless taken very slowly, but with awesome themeing it could look great. I love the second and third coasters.

Also, I think the horror one should be done with NL2, that way you could use scripting to your advantage.

Post August 1st, 2013, 1:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
The saxophone is awesome! That would be the best thing ever if that was built in real life. Very clever Idea.

Post August 1st, 2013, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
That better not be a transport on the sax. Or the Gs will be head exploding.

Post August 1st, 2013, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Aren't transports literally the only way to make saxophones safe?

Post August 1st, 2013, 4:06 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Sometimes I think designers such as yourself get so concerned about the little problems that some of the more creative or interesting designs never actually make it out into the public. There's plenty of rides that I've downloaded over the years that I would have rated maybe an 8 technically, but found everything else so interesting that I would frequently go back to play in that simulated world. All these designs looks really incredible.

Post August 1st, 2013, 6:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I did something like that "saxophone" on my ride "Thrill Evolution" in 2004 or so. I would suggest, instead of inverting the way you (and I) did, instead doing a half heartline roll, and launching from there. That way if the launch fails, riders wouldn't get stuck upside down.

Post August 1st, 2013, 7:03 pm

^ This is exactly why I'm concerned. But there needs to be something like an upside down launch eventually. The e-stop on this however doesn't affect the launch section although in reality something could. If you hit e-stop it just goes anyways due to the segment type I used while trying to figure it out. We need better launch controls in NL including Magnetic brake fin pop up for the intamins etc. Then I would think in this scenario I would script the track to roll 180 if the riders are stuck if possible. Otherwise script a transfer track and reverse the riders into a 180 deg heartline roll Which should safely incline their way back.

All these scenarios would be a mess when dealing with the technicalities thereof. Let's say something wen't wrong and the transfer doesn't work and so forth?

Post August 1st, 2013, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post August 1st, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally posted by cool5

Do you still want to test my Kleen Pail coaster?

I could do so but I'm not giving you Echo Canyon just yet. I'm still busy with this:

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Sometimes I think designers such as yourself get so concerned about the little problems that some of the more creative or interesting designs never actually make it out into the public. There's plenty of rides that I've downloaded over the years that I would have rated maybe an 8 technically, but found everything else so interesting that I would frequently go back to play in that simulated world. All these designs looks really incredible.

I know exactly what you mean but I'll always stay fussy about the technicalities even if there aren't much of them. I don't think the design will change though and if some people disagree with it, we'll stuff it. The Idea of the ride is exactly this. It needs some special element or new idea for it to create that horror tension.

Post August 2nd, 2013, 12:26 am

Edit: Kruger Safari is done and on the exchange. http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/19773

Video will be on youtube in a day or two. Need to score a soundtrack for these in the future.

Post August 2nd, 2013, 3:32 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
The saxophone into upsidedown launch is phenomenal. I would never have thought of that, ever. I say go forth with it. Don't worry about a launch failure. If it were built in real life, there would be a multitude of solutions. IRL, why not have the saxophone's LSMs/wheels be capable of reversing direction upon override, such that the cart rolls back from a failed launch onto the saxophone's LSMs/wheels and those send it back up the saxophone into an upright position. Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting that Gerstlauer design.

Post August 2nd, 2013, 9:17 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Great to see you back.I wish I still had my copy of NL. Anyways, I'm really interrested in Echo Canyon. That turnaround is ***y AF. Also, the saxophone looks great. Do you plan on uploading onride vids of your projects?

Post August 2nd, 2013, 9:47 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
How do you not have your copy of software that is distributed online? :S
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 6th, 2013, 6:21 am

Thank you guys for the quick response on Kruger Safari. The track had issues regarding 2 wicked transitions and the ride is kinda short as mentioned but overall I believe It was a good attempt at that specific theme and pacing.

Video completed:

Now work is starting on the 3ds objects for the horror coaster. Echo Canyon is still in progress as well and will most likely see the exchange sooner than Resident Evil but I'm really amped for releasing the Gerstlauer. It might be NL1.8 or 2 who knows how long it's going to take. Will keep you guys updated. ;)

Edit: And so it begins. Scenery and stuff:

Edit: Scenery tunnels in progress.

Post August 16th, 2013, 6:16 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
got a nice selection of rides there, will have to check some out.

Post August 19th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Post August 19th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points

Post August 20th, 2013, 6:11 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post August 20th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I like that viewers can't tell where the coaster exits after it enters the tunnel. Much as I'm not always in favor of overly tunneled coasters, that's a pretty cool feature here.

Return to Hard Hat Area