Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Ice Age: The Ride? Gerstlauer Spinners for 2007

Ice Age: The Ride? Gerstlauer Spinners for 2007

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

So, no topic has been made on the two new Gerstlauer Spinners that have been purchased by Six Flags for the 2007 season. Here is what I know:

1. Two spinners have been purchased by SF
2. Supposedly they are heading to SFFT and SFSTL. At SFSTL there are construction markers, and at SFFT a construction wall has been put up for the boardwalk area, as seen here:

Screamscape sources have confirmed that SFFT's attraction will use the Joker's fun house, which once was a coaster station.

3. Shapiro said in a San Antonio news paper that a large family attraction was coming for 2007. In addition, SFFT is one of his personal favorite parks.

4. Screamscape claims that SF is close to making a deal with FOX to theme the rides after the cartoon Ice Age.

So, what do you guys think?

Post August 18th, 2006, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

awwww dam. thats like a mother who spoils one of here many children just cause she likes that kid the best

Post August 19th, 2006, 3:18 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
An Abusive mother who was spoiled when she was younger and doesent know how to run a functional family. :p

Post August 19th, 2006, 8:09 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
If this Gerstlauer spinners are anything like the Maurer Sohne versions, then this is great news.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post September 11th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,374.00 Points
Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

Shapiro only likes the park because its chaulked full of cheap kiddie rides and expensive food stands. He could careless bout anything else.
What do you expect? His last job was at ESPN. My park is screwed.[:(!]

Post September 14th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by President Skroob

Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

Shapiro only likes the park because its chaulked full of cheap kiddie rides and expensive food stands. He could careless bout anything else.
What do you expect? His last job was at ESPN. My park is screwed.[:(!]

And last time I checked, ESPN is highly profitable and one of the most recognizable names in the sports industry...wait, it IS the sports industry - for the most part.

Post September 14th, 2006, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Anyways, I havent heard much about these new rides in a while...I'll take some pics of the construction area when I visit during Fright Fest.

Post September 15th, 2006, 7:58 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

So, dark ride or crappy ice age theming?
I hope dark ride, although, that is a little unrealistic if it is in fact suppose to open up next year, seeing as how dark rides generally take awhile to plan and build.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!