Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising Impasto - Feel the Color

Impasto - Feel the Color

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post June 10th, 2015, 11:51 am
KG9

Points on hand: 1,580.00 Points

Impactful, aggressive, and inspired by the style of painting, Impasto is an Intamin Blitz that I have been working on for about three days. It came to me after spending a weekend looking exploring art museums in Philadelphia, thus leading to it's name. Impasto is a style of painting in which oil paint is laid upon the canvas quickly and heavily with no obvious desire to look smooth at all. In my mind, Impasto was something that was intentional, yet highly intense; therefore, the ride itself is an attempt to parallel that idea.

Quick transitions, strong airtime, fast inversions, and constant changing of direction all seem to go along with the technique of a painter moving his brush along a canvas. The ride tries to mimic the changing brush strokes and paint application as it swirls and twists through the wooded island that it resides on.

This is just another fun project that I have been working on that I couldn't wait to show everyone! I plan on releasing it soon, hopefully by the end of this week (hopefully Saturday!)

Last edited by KG9 on June 10th, 2015, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 10th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Fantastic naming! Learned one new Italian thing by googling. You have already sent me to browse dafont.com before! I still remember that! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 10th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

This coaster looks fantastic. I can't wait for the full POV! Curious, why are the supports on the element in the last pic blue and tubular unlike the orange and square standard Intamin new-spine supports?
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post June 10th, 2015, 8:26 pm
KG9

Coaster Hero wrote:
This coaster looks fantastic. I can't wait for the full POV! Curious, why are the supports on the element in the last pic blue and tubular unlike the orange and square standard Intamin new-spine supports?

I wanted to have a similar look that modeled old Schwarzkopf looping coasters in which the loop support structure was sort of build around the loop itself. Think SuperDooperLooper at Hersheypark or Montezooma's Revenge at Knott's Berry Farm; it is the type of support that encompasses the entire loop from the top down to the sides and then just goes straight into the footer. I played around with the track transitioning from a single spine into a dual spine to pull off the effect, and then just created simple 16" round supports to look like the dual spine stemmed right out of the loop support. It is meant to be a continuation of the support into the spine itself.

It was sort of my vision to re-invent that Schwarzkopf loop with a new Intamin design, similar to how art can be re-invented and re-created as time goes on. I love the classic loop of a Schwarzkopf intense loop, and to have that be featured on Impesto was not my original goal, but as the layout started to weave towards the back of the course, that loop just seemed to be fit iconically along the slope to the water's edge below. Looks fantastic from a photographic standpoint, in my opinion!

Post June 10th, 2015, 9:20 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The colorblind cannot feel dos colors....
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 12th, 2015, 8:15 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post June 12th, 2015, 8:38 pm
KG9

Here's a peek of dem trains before I release it...tomorrow?

I spent a solid hour working on the re-coloring, applying them in the game, and then tweaking here and there to get them how I wanted them. Meant to mimic a dirty paintbrush with gold paint at the tip.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
The colorblind cannot feel dos colors....

Oh god. Totally did not take that into account *facepalm*

Post June 12th, 2015, 8:39 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post June 13th, 2015, 12:57 pm
KG9

Feel the Color on the all-new dual launching Intamin Blitz coaster from KG. Inspired by a style of painting that involves thick application of paint on a canvas with no attempt at being smooth, Impasto is a fast, quick-transitioning, aggressive ride that mimics impasto technique. Simulating a paintbrush (or paint applicator) flying across a canvas with colors shooting off of it, Impasto flips riders through 5 inversions, multiple transitions, and two launches at 60 and 62 mph.

Impasto came out of a weekend at Philadelphia with visits to multiple art museums and monuments. The colors are derived from the main atrium of the PAFA Museum, pulling the blue from the ceiling, the red from the walls, and the gold from the multiple details that are found throughout. It came to me all at once when I saw those colors, and from then on, Impasto was born.

This is just another fun project that I wanted to do. Hope you all give it a watch/download and comment below!

P.S. - Dedicated to Alex

DOWNLOAD NOW!
http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/de ... k_id=20862

Post June 13th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ One of the best NL2 coasters I've ever seen! :D I felt a bit dizzy, though! ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 14th, 2015, 9:32 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

lol240 wrote:
^ One of the best NL2 coasters I've ever seen! :D I felt a bit dizzy, though! ;)

That's quite a compliment! Dizzy from a virtual coaster!

Return to Track Advertising