Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Invertigo- CGA being removed and relocated

Invertigo- CGA being removed and relocated

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 27th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Invertigo

After 12 years of service at California's Great America, Cedar Fair has decided to move the ride to another Cedar Fair park and open up a new opportunity for Great America.

This is a business decision that is taking into consideration all of the Cedar Fair properties and allowing us to infuse capital into another park while opening up a great opportunity for a new attraction at Great America.

Although we do not discuss future plans that are not definite, our Corporate Design team has evaluated the location and plans are underway for the future of the location.

This is not unusual as in 2003 the ride Stealth was removed and relocated to Carowinds in Charlotte, N.C., to make way for what is now known as Boomerang Bay water park.

Stay tuned!

http://www.cagreatamerica.com/attractio ... m?ai_id=49
This is not my signature.

Post January 27th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
Oh most loving an merciful God, please let it go to Dorney Park!

Post January 27th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Approved. Fear_the_four, in the future, please try to word the story yourself. Keep the links but dont quote the whole thing.

Also, CGA is done. With that 49ers thing happening I think this place is getting the Geuaga Lake treatment except the whole thing is gonna close.

EDIT: ^ No, just, no. Send it to MA where they dont have anything good. Dorney is almost defiantly getting a coaster that has not been re-located in 2012.

Post January 27th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It'll go to Valleyfair like the other ride lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 27th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
Originally posted by nolimitsfan38

Oh most loving an merciful God, please let it go to Dorney Park!

i agree totally
Fly at the speed of fright

Post January 27th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Lol, are you serious? Ok. They took out Stealth and added the world's shittiest waterpark, and now there going to take away another one of the park's best rides? I'm nowhere near as upset as when I heard Stealth was going to be pulled, but now CGA is going to suck even more! The only things they have going for them now is Top Gun and Drop Zone.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post January 27th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Originally posted by Tetsu

Also, CGA is done. With that 49ers thing happening I think this place is getting the Geuaga Lake treatment except the whole thing is gonna close.

Before declaring the doom of the Park, I'm going to wait to hear about the "future plans that are not definite." It does fit the Geuaga Lake pattern, and this does have me considering a summer trip to California more seriously. However, I'm not buying my plane ticket just yet.

Anyone think Splash Battle?

Post January 27th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post January 27th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by neopuma

Originally posted by Tetsu

Before declaring the doom of the Park, I'm going to wait to hear about the "future plans that are not definite." It does fit the Geuaga Lake pattern, and this does have me considering a summer trip to California more seriously. However, I'm not buying my plane ticket just yet.

Anyone think Splash Battle?

That would be hilarious! [lol]

I thought it was funny that both Great Americas replaced their sky whirls with vekoma inverted boomerangs.
American Eagle Lover

Post January 28th, 2011, 1:47 am

Points on hand: 94.00 Points
^ And how ironic is it that now both Vekoma Inverted Boomerangs are now gone from both Great America parks? 8)

I'm intrested in where Invertigo can be relocated. MA is out of the question, they just got a relocated Vekoma SLC. Why add another Vekoma invert?

Valleyfair could get it, it's just that they already have an inverted shuttle, same goes for Dorney Park.

Kings Island already has an Invertigo and Kings Dominion just got Intimidator. Adding a Vekoma Invertigo would be a lackluster addition right after getting I305.

Carowinds and Canada's Wonderland already have a Boomerang each.

KBF, Gilroy Gardens and Cedar Point, yeah, no.

Out of those parks, the only ones I can actually see getting Invertigo is either Valleyfair or Kings Dominion. Now, would I be surprised to see Invertigo sold to another park rather than kept in the chain? No, I wouldn't, and I wouldn't mind seeing it actually. Any small park could benefit greatly from a Vekoma Inverted Boomerang. Trust me, I know. Anyway, thats my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Post January 28th, 2011, 2:15 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'm going to go to Nor Cal for a trip this summer so I will get to ride it in it's last season! I personally think its because the park is just not getting enough business. I mean, SFDK is 20 minutes away, is cheaper, has animals and rides, more/better rides, and makes more profit. SFDK is just to harsh a competition for them. Plus, it looks like the only good rides are the drop tower, Vortex, Top Gun, Invertigo, and the Zamperla Disko. On the other hand, SFDK has Medusa, Big Spin, Roar, V2, Kong, a bunch of other thrill rides, and animal shows/exhibits for about the same price. I mean, honestly, who is going to win. Six Flags will get more business, and the locals will still have SFDK. I mean, no big deal. I am, however, worried about Vortex and Top Gun. Very Worried.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post January 28th, 2011, 2:27 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Post January 28th, 2011, 10:18 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

And there is our answer lol.

Post January 28th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

I'm quite sure that it will be relocated in a small park close to Garda lake:http://www.canevaworld.it/index.php
Rumors say that track pieces are already in the park and it will open for 2012 season due to the opening of Raptor in Gardaland.

http://it.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate ... rl=Traduci

The page is translated...[xx(]

Post January 28th, 2011, 4:37 pm

I wish i would have went to gilroy gardens, they need a thrilling ride.

and the ONLY way cedar point is getting it is if they want to make another coaster addition like a giant-ass love you to SFMM for taking their coaster record away.

Post January 28th, 2011, 5:34 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

CP is not gonna worry about the whole "most coasters" thing anymore. Its a stupid thing in all honesty. SFMM can say they have the most now...so what? I dont think the GP will have even heard of SFMM so they will never know. CP needs to think more about the family ride aspact of their park right now in my opinion.

Post January 28th, 2011, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Originally posted by Jcoasters

I'm going to go to Nor Cal for a trip this summer so I will get to ride it in it's last season!

Too bad it's being removed BEFORE the 2011 season according to screamscape. hahaha. so, no, you wont be riding that one. If it makes you feel better, I rode the one at KI and it's not that good. Deja Vu is much better.

Post January 29th, 2011, 11:50 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Ok, I retract the KD statement.

According to this.... http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -park.html ....

All I have to say is, DAMN IT! When will Dorney get a NEW ride instead of a hand-me-down ride?

Post January 30th, 2011, 12:55 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Quit bitching. It'll be the best invert in the park

Post January 30th, 2011, 1:07 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post January 30th, 2011, 1:10 am

Originally posted by chickenbowl

I'm going to go to Nor Cal for a trip this summer so I will get to ride it in it's last season!

Too bad it's being removed BEFORE the 2011 season according to screamscape. hahaha. so, no, you wont be riding that one. If it makes you feel better, I rode the one at KI and it's not that good. Deja Vu is much better.

poop. at least i still have Vortex and Top Gun :)

Post January 30th, 2011, 4:40 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Did you forget Grizzly? Grizzly may not be a record breaker, but it isa lot of fun. oh yeah, Did I mention Drop Zone..last time I rode Drop Zone my brother and I were stuck at the top for almost 30 mins...love yeah, BEST RIDE EVER!!!
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post January 30th, 2011, 5:01 am

Originally posted by spacemountainfan619

[quote]Originally posted by Jcoasters

Did you forget Grizzly? Grizzly may not be a record breaker, but it isa lot of fun. oh yeah, Did I mention Drop Zone..last time I rode Drop Zone my brother and I were stuck at the top for almost 30 mins...love yeah, BEST RIDE EVER!!!
[/quote]

Grizzly looks bad, bu Drop Zone looks awesome so im looking forward to the drop tower

Post January 30th, 2011, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Since when did Justin Beiber become a nazi? [lol]
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post January 30th, 2011, 11:30 am

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!