Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! WICKED Cyclone - Six Flags New England 2015

WICKED Cyclone - Six Flags New England 2015

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Turbo wrote:
TTD03 wrote:
^ That's depressing.

or really "wild"
hurhurhurhurhur

Pls no...

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Some more info:
Time to get in your last rides on the Riverside Cyclone! To be correct, the wooden roller coaster is currently just known as the Cyclone, the Riverside part was dropped after the park was 'flagged' after the 1999 season.

Six Flags New England released the above video this morning, urging guests to get in their final rides before the Cyclone closes for good on July 20th. The park isn't saying exactly why the ride is closing, though we've seen this pattern before with other Six Flags wooden coasters that received the Rocky Mountain transformation. The rides have typically closed mid to late summer, with work starting shortly thereafter. Iron Cyclone has a nice ring to it, at least.

The Cyclone in its current form is pretty rough, to be brutally honest. The coaster opened in 1983 and had some serious modifications done over the years, including a shortened first drop. SFNE Online has a nice write up of the coaster's past, including photos of the changes made.

Until the park says for sure what the plans for the future are, make sure to stop by the park - soon - and take one last spin!
Source

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Rode it for the last time today. I appreciated the ride more knowing that it was going down and I will miss the roughness and the whole ride in general. I asked some employees about what might happen, but they did not know anything.

Also, I think Six Flags hit an important milestone because Goliath actually worked all day without breaking down within the first few hours.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Lol that's how Kingda Ka was for 2013, It ran pretty well for the first few hours, then it would go downhill from there.

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
Found this on RMC's website,

What are your upcoming projects?
We get A LOT of questions about our projects that will be open in the future. We typically have several projects under contract that details have not been released to the public yet. Unfortunately, we cannot release ANY details until the park does their official media release. We can tell you at this time (March 2014) we have 3 projects under contract that are in the engineering phase right now for opening in 2015 and 2016. But, we cannot release any more details until the parks give us the okay to do so. Sorry!

Doesn't prove anything but let's us know that Iron Cyclone is a real possibility
2015- Iron Cyclone
2015- Iron Colossus
2016- Wildfire @ Kolmarden

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Interesting, who knows, this ride may really be done for good, but it seems weird it would close so early, or as rumored, it could be Iron Cyclone.

Paradox User avatar

It's gone :(
Last edited by Paradox on December 24th, 2014, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Okay, so I went to six flags New england yestarday. As I was going to sky screamer I noticed a huge sign in front of the entrance.. Heres what it read:

------------------------------------------------
UNDER
CONSTRUCTION
- -
Stay tuned for a major announcement
on august 28th!
------------------------------------------------

Here's my guess.. First off, it HAS to be a major ride. This is the first time I have ever seen six flags promoting a new ride before it was announced, especially in the front of a old wooden coaster that was recently closed. So this is definitely a major coaster. Secondly, this makes the chances rise for it being a wooden hybrid, considering of all the rumors and the fact that it was heavily promoted that it was being taken down.

Also, I have a very strong feeling that they will take down flash-back as well. In the picture below, you can see how cyclone kinda forms itself around flash back and because its a basic boomerang, it wouldn't be a big deal to take it out.. Especially when there's another boomerang right across from it. Doing this would add alot of space to the ride and give more room than it needs to make an interesting hybrid.

^^Above Showing Flash Back along with Cyclone^^
^^The red area is where flashback would be, removing it would give alot of extra room^^
^^Flash-Back and Cyclone, gives you an idea on the space^^

Honestly, if this doesn't turn out to be a hybrid. My other guess would be a wing rider, It may not look like a lot of room, but when your there in person there's a pretty nifty amount of space.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
^Interesting idea on the removal of Flashback, very clever sir! I could see that as a possibility!
About the sign, Superman Escape from Krypton before it was painted and fit with new backwards trains, had a sign outside it too. So it seems if they going to upgrade a ride, they will put a sign up. Not for a new ride.
The announcement date fits with every other year.
This will be a Hybrid for sure! With your idea of removing flashback, it could be a bigger RMC then we thought!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The zamperla spinner was the better one of the two but oh well. I don't mind wild mice.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

That sign looks very storm like and people wondering why they closed it so early it is so they can get a start before September/October when a big storm usually hits New England every year, usually a snow storm and last year we got about 3-4 ft of snow in one night. Also, SFNE released a five year plan from 2013-2018 that includes the building of 2 new coasters.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Paradox wrote:
That sign looks very storm like and people wondering why they closed it so early it is so they can get a start before September/October when a big storm usually hits New England every year, usually a snow storm and last year we got about 3-4 ft of snow in one night. Also, SFNE released a five year plan from 2013-2018 that includes the building of 2 new coasters.

Link of this 5 year plan please?

Update, new supports being placed for Cyclone. Look at this comparison of an already existing RMC and the new Cyclone supports.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Is flashback getting the boot? I sure won't miss it. With Golitah next door pretty much null and voided.
Vasco XTR

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I kind of hope that lightning teaser thing is proof that the name will be something decent and not just "Iron Cyclone", but then again SF isn't that creative
What are these for?

IRON CYCLONE COMPLETELY CONFIRMED. LOOK BELOW!
Photos taken by SFNEOnline.org

HOLY SHIZZLE MY DIZZLE YES! MY HOME PARK IS FINALLY GETTING A DECENT RIDE FOR ONCE!

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I hate the color. pretty much every major RMC ride had a similar color.

Change it up guys, have at least SOME originality. you've now got 5/6 rides with similar colors.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

^
Naw, i think it looks cool! I happen to really like the color, or at least I'm not sick of it yet!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!