Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 Is RCT3 any good?

Is RCT3 any good?

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post October 31st, 2004, 2:52 am

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Does anybody know if RCT3 as good as Scream Machines or Nolimits. Perhaps is it better than the two? let me know.

Post October 31st, 2004, 8:33 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
do you have played the demo?
i don't have the full version (YET)... so i only can recommer to download the demo and see if you like it...

Post October 31st, 2004, 12:47 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
RCT3's coasterrs aren't as good as SM's or NL (obvioulsy), but RCT3 offers a park atmosphere that those 2 don't offer. I prefer SM and NL though, just try the demo. If you're serious about coaster realism like me, you may not like RCT3, unless all of the other stuff in there, like fireworks, can make up for it. If yo don't really care, go ahead and get RCT3. But RCT2 can even be better sometimes.

Post October 31st, 2004, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

I just finally downloaded the demo. My first thaught, it's a cool game, good professional graghics and all but doesnt quite capture the same strenght as games like SM. That's just my opinion.

Post October 31st, 2004, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,183.00 Points

I'm probably going to get RCT 3 because I like the park atmosphere and the graphics are quite good. However, I'll wait for the alleged "patch" that will hopefully fix all the bugs in the game that have been mentioned on the Atari forums before I buy it. When it comes to actual coaster design, though, NL or SM (SM is better...) is your best bet.

Post October 31st, 2004, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
RCT3 just doesn't have the feel of the original. i have the demo, and it seemed to be very buggy but had good graphics. but i didn't feel like i was playing roller coaster tycoon!?!? i think i'll buy it anyhow, because i'm a fanatic, but i'll be sticking to NL for pretty much all future projects. [pshades]

Post October 31st, 2004, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,728.00 Points

Post October 31st, 2004, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
This game is great but the coaster and things dont look the smoothness as No Limits does but it does offer thrill rides and people riding this. I prefer this over No Limits but I sucked at that. So for all you No Limits can hack it buy this game

Post November 1st, 2004, 3:05 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
well, i;m defenatly gonna get it, only one question, are we also able for diagonal paths? like rct2 with the final expension...

Post November 1st, 2004, 2:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

There is no comparison between RCT and SM or NL. RCT is a GAME. SM & NL are roller coaster simulators. There are no goals, no people, no shops, no other rides. They are strictly meant for creating realistics coasters. RCT is a game with goals and objectives. Even playing in sandbox mode, you have the needs and wants of the peeps and employees to worry about. RCT is not trying to be a simulator. It's supposed to be a fun game where you can create an entire themed park. If you like having fun building themed parks, get RCT. If you enjoy creating realistic coaster alone, then get SM or NL. Otherwise, comparisons just can't be made. They're in two different leagues.

Oh, and yes RCT3 is good. In fact I think it's pretty amazing! It will be close to perfect once the first patch is released to fix a few minor issues. I've had it since last Thursday and am in awe with the different features I discover every night. It's awesome!

Post November 1st, 2004, 5:42 pm

I think RCT3 creators shouldn't have spend so much time on certain things like peep creator and slideshow arranger or whatever. They could've easily improved the realism of their coasters during those times and others. Also, cstrfrk, you are right, but don't forget that coasters are the main parts of amusement parks. [;)]

Post November 2nd, 2004, 4:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
No you can't do diagonal paths. Plus most of the GP doesnt care about the coasters etc. They want creatitivy and many many options.

Post November 3rd, 2004, 5:20 pm

^That's the problem. If the GP doesn't care, nor will the atari and frontier. They only care about having lots of theming objects and crap. That's why I like the NL and SM dev teams. They're actaully coaaster enthusiasts who develope the game.

Post November 4th, 2004, 3:50 am

Points on hand: 2,690.00 Points
I really feel for Frontier. They are really taking a beating over the quality of the game when most of the fault should be placed on Atari for pushing them to release it as-is. I also don't blame them for not doing super-realistic coasters. For the average RCT user, a system like SM's would be WAY too complicated. Plus, with a set list of pieces, it makes certain coding aspects much easier. For what it's worth, I really enjoyed the game (beat all the scenarios already), but now it will probably just collect dust like the first two [:)]

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3