Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 It's offcial, RCT 3-D is coming! SCREENSHOTS!!

It's offcial, RCT 3-D is coming! SCREENSHOTS!!

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

Well RCT fans, we're finaly get what we always wanted in the RCT series, and that is 3-D graphics and you can ride your coasters!

The screens look pretty cool, check them out at the offcial RCT2 website: http://www.rollercoastertycoon2.com/

Post March 3rd, 2004, 5:31 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

looks good, better than NL or SM [lol] I think I am going to have a new favorite game [:p]

Post March 3rd, 2004, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

its about time they did it. Im sure its gonna be a rough ride for them like HR but who knows, glad to see they keep the 1 game, 2 expansions, then new game.

Post March 3rd, 2004, 6:18 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Looks good but, you still can only build pre-built pieces, and trainers are gonna be hard to make[V]

>[}:)]<<GRIM>>[}:)]<
?????????copyright 2188, GRIM

Post March 3rd, 2004, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,236.00 Points
It looks a LOT like Sim Theme Park, but still retains that RCT atmosphere. I love how its in funny 3D now.

I'll definatly buy it.

Post March 3rd, 2004, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
it looks cool so far. I just hope it doesn't turn out like an expansion pack for rct2.

Post March 3rd, 2004, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
What! No catwalks on brakes or lifts? Come on,its 3d! Its has to have them or it will look so stupid! [V] And looking at the paths,we still cannot curve them. [:(!]

Post March 3rd, 2004, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
wow, cant wait to achually play it. I just PRAY that it isnt like sim theme park.

dont look to smoth tho [:(]

Post March 3rd, 2004, 8:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
Looks almost identical to Sim Theme Park [:(] (not good)

Hope it still has the RCT shine that we've grown to love [;)]

Post March 3rd, 2004, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

The first reaction that I had when I saw it was looks exactly like SIM Theme Park (which is one of the worse games out there). Hope they can make it where you still have the game play that comes from playing RCT. IMO w/o the game play then its just a lost cause. Well all we can do is hope. Any ideas on when it will be released??

Post March 3rd, 2004, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

It might not be that bad actually, since its an RCT game just think of all the track types there will be to choose from, and if they had more than the pre-built pieces tho it would turn out to be a hyper-rails type game (theres nothing wrong with that i just think they want to keep the RCT feel to it.)

Post March 3rd, 2004, 10:39 pm

Originally posted by Xtreme15

What! No catwalks on brakes or lifts? Come on,its 3d! Its has to have them or it will look so stupid!

No, but you could probably download some catwalks just like for rct2 right now.

Post March 3rd, 2004, 11:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

This looks pretty sucky to me, Atari has definitely ruined a great game and turned it into crap.

Post March 4th, 2004, 12:32 am

Points on hand: 2,516.00 Points

So the rumours are true!!![:D]Yea!!![:D]I just hope that they have different modes like from 2D to 3D or classic and modern or RCT mode, RCT2 mode, and RCT3 mode. Thats what Kingpin and I were talking about, how RCT2 got crappy when they just focused on scenery[:(]. Hopefuly RCT3 will be the next best selling computer game[:p]

Post March 4th, 2004, 12:38 am

Points on hand: 2,516.00 Points

Oh yea... Atari did skwew it up. IT was better when Hasbro Interactive was by itself and not owned by Infrogames(Artari). If the 3D base and the Game Base is good, probally it will be cool. But if Atari strikes again, bye bye legend of RCT[V]. We should give fan mail to Chris Saywer to tell him what we want and not what Atari wants him to do[approve]

Post March 4th, 2004, 8:41 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

on the first picture, it appears there is a catwalk on the brake run, but its hard to tell

Post March 4th, 2004, 10:55 am

Points on hand: 4,402.00 Points
OK, it wont be as good as NL but at least you could see your park in 3D. When I build parks in RC2 i always wonder if you could se the top of the triple inversion roller coaster from the entrance. Now I can finally go there and se for myself. So even if its prefab elements on the coasters and not curved pathways its still all i dreamed of it would be.

Cant wait to summer...

Post March 4th, 2004, 12:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
The shops and stalls look so crappy! I don't like how a stall is in the form of whatever it sells. I want a game the looks realistic, as in, a burger shop is not in the shape of a hamburger. [lol]

Post March 4th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

Looks like NoLimits. Maybe I'll buy it for my wishlist.

Post March 4th, 2004, 2:02 pm

Post March 4th, 2004, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
Originally posted by Xtreme15

The shops and stalls look so crappy! I don't like how a stall is in the form of whatever it sells. I want a game the looks realistic, as in, a burger shop is not in the shape of a hamburger. [lol]

yea i agree but that's how it's always been.

Post March 4th, 2004, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

It might not be so bad, but with all the 3d's going on, what will the system requirements be? A few of us have wonderded what nolimits would be like if people rode the rides, answer- people with out of date computers will have issues. If this is another sim themepark, then this will be trash, but if it lives up to rct1, then it will be pure gold

Post March 4th, 2004, 5:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

IMO, the graphics look much better then Sim Theme Park, but that's not my main concern. My main concern is the overhead view, aka the typical or classic RCT view. I'm hopeing for a much more detail overhead view with closer zoom option. I'm also hoping for more flat rides and the ride limit to be lifted.

Turthfully, if they realy want to make this RCT game to go big, I mean bigger then it ever has, they need to start from sqaure one and totaly re-design every asspect of RCT including the shops, rides, etc.. But from what I've seen in the those new screen shots, the are useing the same models they used in RCT 1 and RCT 2, and knowning Atari, RCT3 will most likly use the same game engine as the first two RCT games. I won't fully judge RCT3 intill I see more screenshots and read more info. Hopefully after E3, we're find out more details.

Post March 4th, 2004, 7:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

Well the reason they wont start over from square one is b/c they are scared to lose the loyal people to the game. I for one agree w/ you and think it should be completly renewed not just overhauled. IMO This will either make or break the franchise. The Graphics do look better then Sim Theme Park too but if the game plays like STP but looks better then basically its still STP in a disguise. I for one want this to be a great game b/c I have enjoyed it from the very first one.

Post March 5th, 2004, 2:29 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

well, its still not exactly finished, it might improve.

The water textures, and the recfelctions...looks soo sweeet!

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3