Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! It's Official: Texas Giant Gets A Makeover!

It's Official: Texas Giant Gets A Makeover!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 26th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Well not all of us tour the country (and world) for rides. I've only been to a few parks. Cedar Point (last year) was the first time I rode an Intamin coaster. So far, I've only been to one park this year (Holiday World) and it will be the only time I've been to a park. It was for one day.

So yeah, MF has a good drop from what I've ridden because I haven't been on El Toro or NTAG or anything else like that. Besides, floater can be just as fun as ejector IMO, so I think that bigger drops are the ones that are really cool. Anything below floater though is "meh". It has to be dipping under like -0.1G.

Post August 26th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by AJClarke0912

@Real: I guess I rode MF on a "fast night", because I remember getting floater on the two so-called "dull hills" and awesome airtime on the backrow for the first drop.

Why can't it run that fast all the time! :( I can't imagine it being slower paced...that'd be like 0.3G on the hills which would just be a complete bummer.

See, the floater in those trains is pretty boring. Especially since the onset of the G's is so slow. Floater in a woodie is great because the onset is immediate.

That night I rode it it was definitely as fast as Ive ever rode it. Maverick just makes MF's drop weak. The onset of the G's is not very fast and while, yes, its intense, it takes too long to get there. And the floater I felt over the two meh hills, it just doesnt tickle me. The last bunny was great.

NTG looks ridiculous. Great shaping, insane pacing.

Post August 26th, 2011, 10:59 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
The finished product looks really nice. A shame to lose the old TG, but it was honestly lost several years ago anyway. I'll have to make it down that way to give it a ride once this hell-ish weather eases off a bit.

Post August 26th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Floater can be really good if you go from say 3g to 0g in a very short period...that's all GCI does and you get fantastic pops.

Post August 29th, 2011, 2:16 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i'll say this.
the new texas giant looks cool . it looks like it'd be fun to ride.
BUt when the original was running i wanted to see it.. bad..
now.. i'm not even interested in going to texas.

Post August 29th, 2011, 6:30 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

i'll say this.
the new texas giant looks cool . it looks like it'd be fun to ride.
BUt when the original was running i wanted to see it.. bad..
now.. i'm not even interested in going to texas.

Not even for Judge Roy?
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!