Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Jakizle's Graveyard

Jakizle's Graveyard

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post September 5th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Howdy ya'll.

As you know I've started many many rides over the years and usually never finish them. Therefore I am going to post a bunch of them here. Usually I don't finish them because they end up having some major shaping issue I am not happy about and lost motivation to fix and finish them or I don't have the time.

So I'll start with a pair of rides I wanted to put together in one scene. They were a B&M invert and B&M hyper. Original thread was here:

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic ... C_ID=27919

And here is a picture:

I didn't like the invert because the cobra roll and 0g were just way too sharp and had ridiculous forces. The hyper was okay, but was just missing something and was probably too close to Goliath.

But I think it would be cool to at least share them and let you ride them. So here you go:

B&M Invert Only: http://snk.to/f-cdp5ekpz

B&M Hyper with invert 3d: http://snk.to/f-cdn8ypnx

If people wanna see these just let me know and I'll keep posting a ton of old rides.

Post September 5th, 2013, 1:49 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I miss the Dev Centre for this.

Checking them out now.

Do post more!

Post September 5th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Yeah I have some better stuff, these were just the first I came up with on my hard drive.

Post September 5th, 2013, 3:02 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I really like the hyper, to be fair. I agree it's quite close to Goliath, but that was surely the design intent? Can't say that I agree that there's anything "missing". With some proper support work and some 3Ds, I think that could be a top class coaster.

The invert needs a lot of work, though. Like you said, the forces are painful in the cobra and zero g, but the layout is solid.

Upload the other stuff! I think this site could use a kind of junkyard section of the track exchange like the old dev cetre used to have. I'd fill that thing up pretty quickly with my backlog [lol]

Post September 5th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Here is the giant CCI I posted about a while ago. The grand idea was to have the massive mid-ride drop through the side of the mountain but unfortunately I was never able to make that happen. Also, the entire bottom of the first drop was to be enclosed by the lateral supports from the turn that hugs right above it. It's also a triple up of sorts. Anyways, here it is:

Download: http://snk.to/f-cd15ekpz

BONUS: Here is another CCI that never saw the light of day. Too many issues. Based on Excalibur at Funtown Splashtown. The finale was supposed to be the double down surprise drop under the station.

http://snk.to/f-ctka6m3u

Post September 11th, 2013, 8:29 pm

K so I guess no one cares about all these and I should stop posting???

Post September 11th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Please keep uploading the rest of them! I really love riding your amazing tracks. Did you see my newest bottomless pit coaster?

Post September 11th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post September 12th, 2013, 1:41 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

K so I guess no one cares about all these and I should stop posting???

Dude, nobody rates rides on the exchange anymore. What makes you think a thread full of download links would be more active?...

Continue to use this graveyard. I'll continue to download your rides. And the responses will continue to be minimal!

*If it makes you feel better, even these rides that you have these core 'issues' with are better than 95% of the uploads on the exchange. Since you're so comfortable with posting them, why don't you just throw on prefab additives and put them on the exchange?... You would still get 9's.

Post September 12th, 2013, 6:39 pm

^I really don't even have the time. I am working full time ATM and hanging out with coworkers after work.

Post September 12th, 2013, 6:46 pm

Here's an invert with a wrap around immelman and a batwing I made a while back. It was supposed to have trenches in the batwing and the run before and after the corkscrew (loop) but unfortunately I lost those files in a computer crash. I like most of it except the immelman shaping.

Download: http://snk.to/f-c7xj49mh

Post September 12th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I cannot wait to see what you will upload next! I hope another wooden CCI coaster or even a jet coaster built for me?

Post September 12th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Yeah, the site does seem to have slowed down quite a bit. One of my best works and also my first upload in almost 4 years only got one rate... I'm currently on my Mac without NL, but I'm definitely interested in dl-ing these at a later time! If it comes down to needing support work done but not having the time, would you be for someone doing them for you so you can upload them to the exchange? Like Gertsl said, they are probably still easily capable of receiving some good numbers!

Post September 12th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
These are awesome Jak! I've thoroughly enjoyed all of them so far
You expecting something not being here?

Post September 13th, 2013, 9:55 am

Points on hand: 2,232.00 Points
Thank you so much for uploading these! I remember seeing some of them on the forum, and they looked really cool. The last inverted is particularly photogenic.

Your rides are handbuild + AHG, right?

(And what's up with the 32kph lift on the CCI based on Excalibur? [lol])

Post September 13th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yesssss I've been waiting for that invert for eternity

Post September 14th, 2013, 10:18 am

Post September 14th, 2013, 11:02 am

Points on hand: 421.00 Points
Bank: 2,954.10 Points
Oh my goodness. These are great!
A big drop is a good drop.

Post September 15th, 2013, 9:32 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hi Jake. Just got NL working.

Invert (paired with hyper): Seemed fine except for the immelman was a bit funky and zero G roll seemed odd. Zero g roll might be because I haven't been on an invert that wasn't made in the 90's in my life yet though. The immelman seemed to "stay sideways" a bit longer than I think it should. Corkscrews maybe could have been a tad faster too also. Solid layout overall though. Are new cobra rolls that shallow at the high point or was that a whoopsy on your part?

Hyper: Reminded me of a 3-way between the horrible Intimidator thing at Carowinds, Goliath, and Behemoth. The twisty section was nice and I think you did good on the shaping. Not much to really complain about on this one sorry. I always thought that Goliath had a really neat layout (born of necessity).

Other More Blueish Invert: Really neat layout. Two things made me twitch though. 1.), Did you mean to have the bottom of the batwing turn slightly? Does Montu actually do that? I've never been on Montu so IDK, but that slightly annoyed me, and 2.) I feel like if you made the corkscrew exit turn slightly more in top view and the vertical loop "loop" around in the other direction you could have avoided that odd hangup between the two. Nice helix, and the little dip after the brakes like Tatsu has is cute. Was your problem with the immelman that it turned too much? I would have made the first drop rotate maybe 20 degrees less into it to emphasize the turning portion after it flips over the immelman, but then you'd lose the ribbon-like plot that the first half of the ride takes up. Really neat ride though.

Woodie w/helix drop: Medusa and Villian had a baby eh? I don't have much to say about this aside from that The portion after the tunnel was really cool. That part reminded me of Ravine Flyer II. I'm not a huge fan of the helix drop but that is a personal preference. I would have just made a giant dip like what Jupiter has but that is just me. The brakes seem a little high but I know CCI did that occasionally and it always irked me but whatever.

Other woodie: 20mph chainlift. You don't get comments on this one for that sin.

Also I'm gonna copy you and upload my failed Rattler like thing. Thank you for the uploads.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 16th, 2013, 6:00 pm

^I did mean for the batwing to turn, and the hang up between the corkscrew and loop was on purpose. Designed to be exactly like Hulk at IOA.

Thanks for all of the comments though, I really do appreciate it.

Post September 16th, 2013, 8:32 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Ugh why would you put a turn there? That was very "sideways hill" like. Also good point I forgot about Hulk's ending.

Post September 16th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah Jake, next time make sure to copy your entire ride exactly from real ones, because real rides never innovate in such a huge way as adding a slight turn in the middle of two elements... /end sarcasm

Post September 17th, 2013, 7:04 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Sorry for thinking something was an error and then asking about it. Just seems like a way to bang your head that isn't needed to me. Do you actively go around picking internet fights or something because you ran out of people that can tolerate you here?

Post September 17th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Do you actively go around picking internet fights or something because you ran out of people that can tolerate you here?

Says the one who likes to try and rustle jimmies of various CC members over a variety of topics suddenly. lol

Post September 19th, 2013, 12:00 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Really liked the CCI you posted way back up there! Felt almost like two seperate rides as it sprawled away in two different directions!

Have to agree with CK that the little turn didn't feel right on the ride. A lot of that invert didn't seem to flow through the elements all the time. Like tiny alterations in banking that seemed like if the track was shaped differently they wouldn't be there. THe layout was really fun though!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Next

Return to No Limits Coaster