Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kentucky Kingdom 2016 - Storm Chaser

Kentucky Kingdom 2016 - Storm Chaser

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 29th, 2015, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Im surprised there isn't already a thread about this. It's been a rumor for quite some time. Anyway, so now that we all saw RMC's job posting which called for surveyors in Tennessee (Dollywood), California (Probably SFDK but could include a retracking of Ghostrider), and Kentucky (Kentucky Kingdom). It appears that they are taking down much of the structure for Twisted Twins, and an RMC makeover seems very likely for 2016. I'm hearing that RMC is going to do very dramatic things with the layout, and I've also heard that they will use a Mobius Loop like on Twisted Colossus. As Screamscape put it, there is no need to worry about getting last rides in because the ride has been SBNO for years, and we can just focus on what kind of psychotic things RMC will do with this coaster! :D

Now enough talking, and on to the pictures! (Some of the are a little small so zoom in if you need to)

Some track has already been removed
[ pics removed since screamscape did not like us linking to them ]

A crane is now on the site too
[ pics removed since screamscape did not like us linking to them ]
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
I want to be really excited, but I have this fear that what if we're setting ourselves up for disappointment? Still tho, if it was just a standard retracking then I doubt that would call for the total removal of both prelifts, structure and track.
That would be cool for my home waterpark with carnival on the side to get a mini-Twisted Colossus. I've never been on an RMC and I kinda feel like such a concept might even be a suitable replacement for Chang (I mean in terms of niche, not location in the park) and then maybe I might finally be able to be at peace with the whole "Chang relocation" depending on impression and reception.

Man, that "related threads" at the bottom is teasin' me (the really old thread about plans for a B&M), but if this is in fact an RMC then money well spent.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I doubt they have enough money to do an I-box of both tracks to their full lengths.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

^I was also thinking that, but for the time being RMC makeovers are not too expensive, though this will change next year. An announcement is coming sometime next month according to Screamscape (which is usually reliable) so we will see then.
It's been a long time

Paradox User avatar

^They are still quite expensive especially for KK which doesn't have as much profits as the other Six Flags parks or Dollywood.

I also found this video of T3 testing.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
I doubt they have enough money to do an I-box of both tracks to their full lengths.

I-Box is probably cheaper if you look past the first year or two, since it is essentially zero-maintenance.

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
^But hasn't it been said that this track system needs replaced in 5-year intervals?

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Only track I've ever seen replaced is the roll after the launch on Hulk (surprised it took them as long as it has to make the launch system not require an entire power plant) and when pieces of SFOT's Shockwave were taken out and "fixed".
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Coaster Hero wrote:
An announcement is coming sometime next month according to Screamscape (which is usually reliable) so we will see then.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I am more anxious for that than the conclusion of the Warriors Dawn of the Clans arc. The stakes for this one are quite high. Depending on the announcement I will either start to make peace with Chang's absence or feel indifference about the future of the park waterpark with a carnival.
Ed Hart says the announcement will be "very soon." T3 was also supposedly "very soon" so maybe we'll have to wait till August or September for an announcement? Then again, since Ed Hart is an old man, his perception of "soon" is different from the great majority of this site.

Lots of work being done on Twisted Twins. Something's definitely up.

In other news, T3 opened to the public, though lines are long because only 1 out of 2 trains have been installed. People say it is still a bit rough, but the headbanging and discomfort is gone and it's much more enjoyable. Now THAT's how you save an SLC!
It's been a long time

Coaster Hero wrote:
though lines are long because only 1 out of 2 trains have been installed.

(??????????????????? ?????????

Paradox User avatar

If this turns out to be Twisted Colossus all over again I might just die.

RMC please use the coaster to its full potential this time.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
^ That has nothing to do with RMC. It's the company paying for the ride that decides that.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

^^^put. the. table. back.

Also, with TT being much shorter in height than TC RMC will have a challenge making it interesting. Though they were successful with WC, so I trust them in their ability.

EDIT: I was going to embed these pictures but I got lazy so here's the link. Some drone footage of the work of Twisted Twins. http://allamericanthrills.com/kunena/independent-parks/906-kentucky-kingdom#12168
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
From what I understand, both TT and SFDK's Roar will share elements and pacing with WC and Medusa. Small, compact and intense. Not sure where the "full potential" thing is coming from. TT isn't tall enough to even have those expectations put upon it. It will be a great ride though, as all of the RMCs are.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

If they end up renaming it, I kinda hope they don't rename it 'Twisted Tyrants' since I'm used to associating it with that one completely original dueling RMC in NL2.
It would feel both maddening and awesome at the same time.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I bet they name it "Steel Vaginas"
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
No... "Still Women" who want to make a better comeback! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
I've been hearing that a local news source said Kentucky Kingdom will be announcing their new 2016 attraction today. I hope it's true because I can't wait to see what kind of crazy stuff RMC has planned for Twisted Twins :).

Paradox User avatar

VF15 wrote:
I've been hearing that a local news source said Kentucky Kingdom will be announcing their new 2016 attraction today. I hope it's true because I can't wait to see what kind of crazy stuff RMC has planned for Twisted Twins :).

omg what time

GerstlCrazy wrote:
I bet they name it "Steel Vaginas"

They should theme one side to a man and one side to a woman and have the dueling aspect represent sex
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Or they could have a skinny and a fat side, have the fat side always win, and that way they could theme it to Kentucky's struggle with obesity.

"Brought to you by ObamaCare"
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Other MVC coasters including "1912 Zippin Pippin" are listed! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
LOUISVILLE, Ky. ???Kentucky Kingdom will announce details about a new roller coaster to be added to the theme park for next season.

Storm Chaser, a $15 million addition to the amusement park, will be the marquee attraction of the 2016 season.

Storm Chaser is part of a new category of roller coasters, constructed of wood and steel, but not a hybrid.

The coaster announcement comes just a few weeks after the grand opening of new ride T3 and will be the second brand new coaster added since the park reopened 14 months ago.

The new addition will give the amusement park five roller coasters.

http://www.wlky.com/entertainment/kentu ... 0#comments

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!