Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kentucky Kingdom Closes Enterprise, plus 2018/2019 update!

Kentucky Kingdom Closes Enterprise, plus 2018/2019 update!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
On Sunday, 10/1/2017, Kentucky Kingdom announced during a lunch event for "Last Rides" attendee's that after that day, Enterprise would be retired after being at the park for 25 years. The Last Rider attendee's where given their last rides on the ride during the hour long ERT after the park closed.

22050308_492477461126225_1477127074583731876_n[1].jpg

News out of Kentucky Kingdom today as Enterprise will be retired after this season as the 25 year old ride has reached the end of its life cycle and will be reportedly replaced with a ride in its place next year! We will be riding our last Rides on it today!

https://www.facebook.com/CoasterMattProductions/posts/492477481126223

In other news, the park has said that the 2018 announcement SHOULD be announced before November 1st. The reason that the announcement has been delayed is because Mr. Ed Hart has changed his mind several times about what to do in 2018 and 2019. As of right now though, from what we where teased with, 2019 will be the year for a new coaster as it will be the park's 30th anniversary! Enterprise was said to have a replacement ride in it's place for next year.
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
matthew6969 wrote:
The reason that the announcement has been delayed is because Mr. Ed Hart has changed his mind several times about what to do in 2018 and 2019.

I thought park owners had these things set in stone years in advance?! Or is that just the chain parks? Welp I'm glad I got to ride it the other day. If it is a new coaster for 2019 that would be kinda fitting since it would also be the 10-year anniversary of Chang being dismantled. Wonder if he's still wanting to add new slides for 2018, since we haven't had new waterpark additions since 2014 IIRC.

Soko wrote:
I thought park owners had these things set in stone years in advance?! Or is that just the chain parks? Welp I'm glad I got to ride it the other day. If it is a new coaster for 2019 that would be kinda fitting since it would also be the 10-year anniversary of Chang being dismantled. Wonder if he's still wanting to add new slides for 2018, since we haven't had new waterpark additions since 2014 IIRC.

On a waterslide note, back in March during "Keys to the kingdom", Mt. Slide Hai (near Thunder Run) was said to retired after this season so either a waterpark or dry park addition could be possible for that plot of land. I wonder if they will be adding more attractions on the opposite side of the waterpark for the dry park (near picnic grove) as the only rides on that side are Skycreamer and Giant Wheel

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
I'm calling it. 2018 I see a 2nd Gen Enterprise going in its place and then 2019 I see a one of a kind RMC TRex Custom Hyper going in 2019. Either that or an Intamin Hyper similar to the one going to Energylandia.

Looks like Thunder Run is recieving yet another refurb.

Ed Hart did ask at the last rides lunch why some people don't like thunder run and some people did say it was a little to rough.....
Attachments
amuseridesthunderrun[1].jpg
amuseridesthunderrun[1].jpg (157.54 KiB) Viewed 2305 times

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
I???ve made a new thread for the 2019 teasers...
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!