Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area KG9's Construction Thread - Project [REBIRTH]

KG9's Construction Thread - Project [REBIRTH]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

KG9

Points on hand: 1,580.00 Points
Instead of making a new topic for every single ride I release, I figured it was about time I put in my own construction thread. I have a lot of Nolimits 2 projects behind me, but I also have a lot of them that are unreleased. So, when I release them, why not just put them all in this thread so that there isn't the constant hassle!

I go back to school on August 30th, as well as vacation for a week in August, so I am starting to realize that all of the rides I would like to release may not happen. I design new things every week (sometimes every day), and I get really excited and into the concepts of each ride. However, since it is summer and our time is limited, I've narrowed down some of the rides that I enjoy the most and will let you all choose three from this list of five; this does not mean I will only release three more rides this summer, it just means that these are the three everyone most wants to see completed!

1. Augur - a B&M Wing Coaster based on the idea of gold (Au), but also an augur, a spiritual person who interprets things through bird patterns and movements (it's a wing coaster, get it).

2. Cloud9 - a collision of B&M and Intamin Giga coasters that melds the favorite elements of both into one massive, yet fast, ride.

3. Libertas - a B&M Hyper Coaster that was inspired by New York City, the Statue of Liberty standing in the harbor, and the Roman goddess of liberty and freedom.

4. Trail Hawk - a B&M Flying Coaster that came out of looking at Jeeps with my family. The "Trail Hawk" model of Jeep Cherokees jumped into my mind as a flying coaster instead of a car.

5. Vitis - a classic B&M Inverted coaster that comes out of the idea of a vineyard and forest gone wrong.

Well, there you have it. Take your pick of what you would like to see and I will get to work! Almost all of them are completed, all of them are done by hand/without the help of any additional software, and 4/5 are custom supported. I have been trying to challenge myself more and more (these images are a test to that), and I hope that you pick some winners!

- KG
Last edited by KG9 on August 1st, 2016, 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post July 18th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
1. Augur well or ill, which do you seek? ;)
2. Sounds like a marvel you see in Discovery Channel!
3. Imagine this is towering above New York New York. (Togo Looper.)
4. Made "Firehawk" look more thrilling!
5. Garden of Vitis, instead of Garden of Eden. May The Creator have pleasant times.

I feel wobbly between 2 and 3.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 19th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

2 for sure. I wanna see what you can do combining 2 manufacturer's styles but still maintaining the B&M feel/re-rideability :D
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post July 21st, 2015, 8:24 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Make what you feel happiest making please. All of them look nice.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 21st, 2015, 8:55 am

^ What a wonderful comment. :)

Post July 21st, 2015, 9:01 pm
KG9

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Make what you feel happiest making please. All of them look nice.

I am going to do that, with this:

Coaster Hero wrote:
2 for sure. I wanna see what you can do combining 2 manufacturer's styles but still maintaining the B&M feel/re-rideability :D

Cloud9 is very re-rideable. It has an Intamin quality to it, but it still feels very B&M. I really can't describe it. You'll just have to wait and ride it for yourself.

Post July 21st, 2015, 9:27 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Shaping looks near perfect! Great work!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post July 22nd, 2015, 7:47 am
KG9

Post July 22nd, 2015, 10:45 am

Sounds like Cloud9 and Vitis are your final answers before you start working on them! Thanks for the teasers! :D

Post July 22nd, 2015, 7:07 pm
KG9

lol240 wrote:
Sounds like Cloud9 and Vitis are your final answers before you start working on them! Thanks for the teasers! :D

I think they have always been the final answers. I just needed everyone else to tell me that my gut was correct. :lol:

And working on them? Psh...they are almost done...

I am just waiting on some lovely final touches made by the amazing Blase Rhine before I add in last-minute details and start filming!

Post July 23rd, 2015, 4:57 am

^ They both are marvelous! :D

KG9 wrote:
And working on them? Psh...they are almost done...

Uh oh, I was going to say "tweaking tracks"... Well, never mind that comment, because you've got these 2 marvelous tracks now!

;)

Post July 23rd, 2015, 6:47 am
KG9

lol240 wrote:
Uh oh, I was going to say "tweaking tracks"... Well, never mind that comment, because you've got these 2 marvelous tracks now!

;)

That POV footage was recorded at the end of June, so about a month ago. Some alterations have been made, yes. Don't worry, they ride like butter hahaha.

Post July 23rd, 2015, 8:38 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

I don't have anything to nitpick about from the preview vids you posted. Great job so far.

Post July 23rd, 2015, 7:38 pm
KG9

Just testing out dem new trains! Thanks to TallonD83 for the help!

Post July 25th, 2015, 9:51 am
KG9

I have started recording the video for Vitis and am loving the results. The video will be very silly in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way as it will feature two iconic "grape stomping" videos. The idea behind Vitis is a grapevine run amok, so why not include some humor in there as well?

If you can name BOTH of these "grape stomping" videos that I have hinted to, I will give you a dropbox link to Vitis so you may ride it early!

I am missing one final element in this shot below, but that will change come Sunday/Monday!

Post July 27th, 2015, 6:40 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
All these rides look really good KG9! I think the invert is my favourite so far.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 30th, 2015, 7:03 am
KG9

Two announcements:

1. Vitis is *hopefully* coming by this Saturday. I am waiting on something from Blase Rhine to finish up the ride atmosphere (not telling what that is...), and after that I will have the green light for release. I cannot wait for you all to experience Vitis for yourselves, as well as watch the video! It is about six minutes long, but it goes by very quickly; it is one of the most dynamic, humorous videos I have ever done. I love it.

I also was not going to show you Vitis until it was released, but since it is almost time, here is a sneak peek at the trains:

2. I guess I can announce that the hyper coaster everyone seems to be excited and anxious for is actually going to be a dual effort. Concept, design, and track work was all done by me while scenery and custom objects will be done by the amazing n7/nSeven! He jumped at the opportunity when I asked him and is excited to put his ideas forward into a ride that represents a lot for me.

I decided to name the ride Clean long before I knew what it was. It went through multiple layout and designs before I finally realized what it was a couple of weeks ago. I will explain more about Clean later, but for now, n7 is working on the other aspect of the ride while everything from my end is done; it is out of my hands for now!

More to come soon!

Post July 31st, 2015, 10:39 am
KG9

VITIS TO BE RELEASED AUGUST 4, 2015

A lot has changed since that photo, but do not worry, it is going to be good.
Last edited by KG9 on August 3rd, 2015, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 2nd, 2015, 1:45 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks great! I'll try to give it a download and a rate then.

Post August 4th, 2015, 11:01 am
KG9

Vitis is here! Inspired by a grapevine run amok, Vitis is a twisting steel mass that harkens back to classic B&M Inverted designs circa late 1990s/early 2000s. Everything on this ride was done by hand *except* for the first loop; it really does feel like Raptor, Great Bear, Alpengeist, and Talon all combined into one forceful, fun ride.

I hope you all enjoy Vitis as much as I did making it. It took a couple of months, but I am very proud of the work that has been accomplished. Big thanks to Blase Rhine and his assistants for making the fantastic entrance gate and queue line covers! When I initially reached out to him, I only asked him to make me a ride sign that looked like GateKeeper's or something, but the gate was above and beyond anything I expected. Also, thanks to Bye Tom for his pathways as they are amazing to work with; very easy and they look amazing.

One more thanks goes out to TallonD83 for his template for the inverted train colors. He readily sent it to me for my use, and the trains all turned out like Raptor/Great Bear colorings. Fun fact: each train has a different color grape on the second car: red grape, green grape, and black grape. Three trains and three different grapes!

Well, that's all folks. Ride, download, and rate/comment below! Cloud9 is next on the agenda, and then maybe one more before I go back to school...Who knows? ;)

DOWNLOAD HERE! - http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/detail.php?track_id=20954
Last edited by KG9 on August 4th, 2015, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 4th, 2015, 11:29 am

Two words to describe this coaster: Bear Fruit! :D

Post August 4th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Looks and rides well. I like how you added that straightway before the first immelman; it's something the older inverts have for some reason so it gives yours a bit more authenticity. The last helix looks really intense as well.

Also, what do you mean by "Everything was done by hand except for the loop"? Did you newton/FVD the loop by itself or something?
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post August 4th, 2015, 7:10 pm
KG9

lol240 wrote:
Two words to describe this coaster: Bear Fruit! :D

THANK YOU for saying that! You see the comedy behind the grape stomping, but also the message of the song "FROOT" that plays along with it. It is meant to be funny and playful since we all should "live la dolce vita", or live the good life.

Coaster Hero wrote:
Also, what do you mean by "Everything was done by hand except for the loop"? Did you newton/FVD the loop by itself or something?

The game has already done elements that you can add - corkscrews, cobra rolls, turns, loops, etc. I always use the loops but nothing else. So, the entire ride is done by hand and depumping except for the loop! The loop was done by NL2 ;)

Post August 5th, 2015, 11:09 am

^ THANKS for noticing my pun! :D

Post August 9th, 2015, 7:26 pm
KG9

So, while we wait for Cloud9 to be finished up, I have already started in on another project that I have become obsessed with. I am not giving out the name yet, or the full layout, but here are some teaser shots:

I consider it to be an experimental B&M...also not revealing what type of B&M.

I am posting these pictures too because I am in search of someone to do some 3DS custom scenery/stuff for me. I have ZERO experience with any of that software or programming, and I would love if someone would be willing to assist with this project. If you would like to message/email me to know more about the ride, you may do so via griffonj2022@aol.com or private message on this site. I am heading in this direction with the ride:

Modern steampunk machine run amok? I really like things running amok, don't I?

Hope to hear from someone who would love to help me!

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area