Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area KG9's Construction Thread - Project [REBIRTH]

KG9's Construction Thread - Project [REBIRTH]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 9th, 2016, 1:27 pm
KG9

Points on hand: 1,580.00 Points
OFFICIAL RELEASE!

YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... XXOM2Ch0b0

DOWNLOAD NOW! - http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/de ... k_id=21284

REBEL GORGE

What was the premise/idea/reason behind Rebel Gorge? Well, I really don???t know actually; it sort of just fell into my lap. Rebel Gorge came about when I got the idea for a hyper coaster interwoven with Joan of Arc as I was designing Joan of Arc. I knew I wanted the lift to go out over the hillside and drop down to the water, as well as have the ride interact with the more ???flat??? section of Joan of Arc. Thus, Rebelle was born (name is the feminine version of Rebel in French).

I had originally intended just to release Joan of Arc and Rebelle as a sort of dual project, however I felt that it was missing something. I designed a Gerstlauer spinner where Gorge Runner starts and ends along the hill, but I scrapped it after I realized how crappy it looked. I went back to the drawing board and realized that I could put a ???family??? out-and-back coaster all the way out to Rebelle???s hammerhead and back to the park entrance. Ultimately, Gorge Runner came about. It was obviously inspired by Boulder Dash and other wooden terrain coasters. I also find it ironic that although Gorge Runner seems to have been the first roller coaster in the park, it was the one I designed last. I kind of went backwards in order to create it.

Ultimately, the goal with Rebel Gorge was to see how many rides I could stack on top of each other and still have them interact, yet each have their own unique attributes to them. It was truly a test of supporting as Rebelle stands over both Gorge Runner and Joan of Arc, but I enjoyed the challenge immensely.

I enjoyed this spur of the moment project, and I hope that you all do too! Construction for Rebel Gorge was approximately 4 days of work (just enough to squeeze in during my Easter Break!) and was completed on March 27, 2016. Rebel Gorge was released on April 9, 2016 (my 21st birthday, woot woot!)

Gorge Runner ??? This classic out-and-back wooden roller coaster, inspired by greats such as Boulder Dash, takes riders on a fast paced, airtime filled journey through the trees. Racing along the hillside at speeds of up to 50 mph, this ride rumbles it???s way through double downs, twists, turns, drops, and sudden stops along it???s course. Being build along the hillside, Gorge Runner has a total elevation change of 125 feet; this provides not only a terrain-hugging layout, but also relentless speed. Gorge Runner never lets up from start to finish!

Gorge Runner
50 mph
- 0.7 G
+ 2.9 G
2,902 ft. long
75 ft. lift
90 ft. drop
125 ft. total elevation change
1:40 ride time
2 trains, 6 cars per train, 24 riders

Joan of Arc ??? Constructed by GCI, Joan of Arc is a more modern wooden roller coaster in comparison to Gorge Runner. Featuring a twisted layout and a finale dive to the water???s edge, this ride isn???t for the faint of heart. Much like Gorge Runner, Joan of Arc uses the terrain of Rebel Gorge to it???s advantage, weaving and turning throughout the rocks and trees before ultimately plunging to the water at speeds of 57 mph into a +3.7 G turn. With a total elevation change of 155 feet, Joan of Arc conquers as the biggest and fastest wooden roller coaster in the park.

Joan of Arc
57 mph
+3.7 G
- 0.6 G
3,490 ft. long
88 ft. lift
81 ft. drop
75 ft. final drop
155 ft. total elevation change
2:40 ride time
3 trains, 12 cars per train, 24 riders

Rebelle ??? After building two wooden roller coasters, the park opted to go in a much more modern, contemporary direction with the construction of Rebelle. A B&M hyper coaster unlike any other, Rebelle uses the sloped terrain of Rebel Gorge much like the rides that harkened before it. Featuring a 156-foot lift into a 225-foot drop to the water below at 80 mph, Rebelle is on a mission from the start. Almost a mile of track, nine moments of airtime, and a 225 foot elevation change prove that Rebelle is not to be messed with standing as the largest, tallest, and fastest roller coaster in the park.

Rebelle
80 mph
+3.8 G
- 1 G
5,125 ft. long
225 ft. drop
156 ft. lift
225 ft. total elevation change
2:55 ride time
3 trains, 8 cars per train, 32 riders

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Could you possibly release the video including on-rides in the Track Exchange for visitors? That'll also bump up the download count in a freakin' pleasing way!

:)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

KG9

I will add one of them. There are 9 videos in total and I'll pick one to do as a "teaser" so to speak for the project.

^ Thanks for adding. :)

I had a look at one rating for your tracks which might sound a tad harsh, but was also constructive plus helpful. Hope that you won't get discouraged by that result, because the rater literally wants you to create your own "spectacular" rides.

KG9

lol240 wrote:
^ Thanks for adding. :)

I had a look at one rating for your tracks which might sound a tad harsh, but was also constructive plus helpful. Hope that you won't get discouraged by that result, because the rater literally wants you to create your own "spectacular" rides.

Yes, just saw that.

Just a disclaimer here, but I am by no means great or an expect with wooden roller coasters! This was just a "test" of what could be done since Gorge Runner and Joan of Arc are my first wooden roller coaster releases; obviously it is not my most amazing work. I was more so focusing on three rides interacting together and concentrating on that aspect.

I understand the rating and can take the constructive criticism fine. However, I also think that people forget that this game is meant for the purpose of fun and get too caught up in the "reality" of the game. While I do aim for realism, I also acknowledge that this is a game titled "No Limits", so shouldn't my creations be allowed to have no limits either? They do take into account design and manufacturer style, however they are my own creations and my own ideas, so I think it is a blend of the two.

For example, the drop on Gorge Runner was meant to be as awkward as it is, and it does meander more than anything else to focus on the terrain. Rebelle, although slower at the end, was meant to start out strong then somewhat slow itself down in order to focus less on the ride and more on the intertwining it does with Joan of Arc. Joan of Arc was meant to have a striking ending due to the way that Joan of Arc herself ended; the dramatic drop to the lake and radical turn were meant to be intriguing and bemusing.

*end commentary :lol: *

But on one final note, Rebel Gorge was also done in four days, so I'm amazed even in myself that all of that came together in four days!

KG9

12 SIGNS. 12 RIDES. 1 PARK.

Layout subject to change!

Wow "12 SIGNS" sound like to me the number of inversions or elements. :)

KG9

Tentative list of attractions [subject to change]. Are we excited yet?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Glad to see my star sign represented as a wing rider :D
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

^ Yay so am I! :D

KG9

mkingy wrote:
Glad to see my star sign represented as a wing rider :D

lol240 wrote:
^ Yay so am I! :D

Yes, Libra will be playing with the word "scales" a little bit more than expected. ;)

KG9

Some "exclusive" behind-the-scenes planning of AstrologeA while at school... Layouts are in their initial stages, but since I do not have access to NL2 while in college, I am getting ahead so I can get down to business when I go home next week.

I have also finalized what I think is the music selection; as always, it's a pop/dance/electronic juggernaut :P Juxtaposition of this huge massive park with these huge massive dance records I thought would be cool. There will also be a playlist on Spotify when I release the park, tentatively set for this August!

That "LIBRA" logo has to be the part of a station building to proudly represent the ride! :)

KG9

2 DAYS before this comes to life...

1984 - Capricorn
1988 - Cancer
1992 - Virgo
1996 - Aquarius
1999 - Pisces
2001 - Aries
2004 - Taurus
2005 - Gemini
2008 - Scorpio
2011 - Leo
2014 - Libra
2016 - Sagittarius

mkingy User avatar

Are you going to release the park as multiple "years"?
Coaster Count - 198

KG9

mkingy wrote:
Are you going to release the park as multiple "years"?

That is a good idea! I may consider that...however, I created that list so that you know not only when each ride was built, but also logically following the trends of rides during that time period. For example, since Scorpio will be an Intamin Blitz, it only makes sense that it follows the opening of Maverick in 2007. Leo, a 2nd Gen B&M hyper coaster (staggered seats) follows Behemoth, Diamondback, etc in 2011. Cancer (which I am working on now) is a more modern Arrow looping, however it still feels very old school in 1988.

But, I do like your idea...hmmm...

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Reminds me of Xcelerator's colors. I'm banking on it being a B&M sitdown.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

KG9

Here are some shots of Cancer. I have a test POV recorded, however I want to keep the rides a surprise, so I think I will keep the that to myself. There is also a hidden ride in one of the three images, so look, and if you find it, I'll release something else that's pretty cool.

The supports are also just for placement purposes. They are not the final supports (don't worry, they will all by hand!)

Yay for the visual of interlocking loops plus the classic yet admiring "Arrowy" layout! :D

mkingy User avatar

Third Picture - yellow B&M wingrider - Libra 8-) Give me cookies!

Nice to see some interlocking loops - I hope the rest of the layout lives up to them!
Coaster Count - 198

KG9

mkingy wrote:
Third Picture - yellow B&M wingrider - Libra 8-) Give me cookies!

Nice to see some interlocking loops - I hope the rest of the layout lives up to them!

Not Libra, but Leo. Close though! Here's a look at how the magic is done.

KG9

I got my wisdom teeth out on Monday and have been in hiding for a bit, but I promise I will show you all something tomorrow!

KG9

Leo, surprisingly, was the first ride I designed for Astrologea. The shaping of the hills / drops was a focus, and I'm pleased with how they turned out so far.

After Cancer, I think Aries came next, a cross between Goliath at Walabi Belgium and the early Superman clones. I want to go back and re-design some parts of the ride, but here's the first drop:

Next is Aquarius, a more old-school Alpengeist / Montu / Great Bear B&M Invert. Cobra roll shaping was something I was so excited to finally get to look about right!

Capricorn I'm still debating on. It could be considered "done", but I may make it a little longer after I let it sit for awhile then come back to it.

...and, to round out this preview of AstrologeA is Scorpio.

I reference this as the "Scorpion's Tail". Very convoluted and twisted, but still fun nonetheless!

I designed Taurus today (Intamin Pre-Fab) and may go back into the game to figure out Virgo (Arrow Suspended). Libra I am having some difficulties with as I know what I would like it to look like, but it doesn't seem to want to work. Maybe it'll become a launched wing coaster?

Thoughts as to what you all see so far?

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Wow a 6 car 3 bencher lol. Long train is long. Is the intamin supposed to be a Maverick thing?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

KG9

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Wow a 6 car 3 bencher lol. Long train is long. Is the intamin supposed to be a Maverick thing?

Yeah I may shorten the trains too :lol:

Scorpio has some of Maverick in it, yes, but it's also a little bit different.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area