Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area KG9's Construction Thread - Project [REBIRTH]

KG9's Construction Thread - Project [REBIRTH]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 31st, 2015, 11:42 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
This poster is appealing! :o + :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 31st, 2015, 2:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Damn... that is some nice photo editing, but the coaster looks even better ;)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post August 31st, 2015, 7:47 pm
KG9

Points on hand: 1,580.00 Points
Monday Fun-day! I will release a screenshot once a week while at school, and Monday will be the day to brighten up the (sometimes) hardest day of the week.

We will start off with Serendipity, a Gatekeeper-esque Wing Coaster that I wanted to release this year, but will be released whenever it is completed.

Post September 1st, 2015, 8:16 am

Awesome expansion for this wingrider! :)

KG9 wrote:
Monday Fun-day!

The words that make me think of a TTD's line "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!" :D

Post September 1st, 2015, 10:50 am

Post September 2nd, 2015, 4:30 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

Post September 6th, 2015, 9:27 am
KG9

This very rough concept of Ultraviolence was intended to go into a later part of KG X NL2. However, the reactions to PART I were mixed, so I decided to discontinue the long project. Ultraviolence was one of the first rides I designed for the project and was meant to go into PART III had it been released. Looking back on it now, it's a little too intense, but at least you can see where things began in NL2 for me a year and a half ago!

Post September 7th, 2015, 5:45 pm
KG9

Since it's Labor Day (congrats to all of those who "labor"), I am showing you not one, not two, but three screenshots this week! One is edited, and then other two are not; the edited one is fairly obvious.

The first one is Libertas, one of the rides that I considered releasing this summer. It is a modern B&M hyper coaster that, I think, hits about 230 ft. before going down and into one of it's many airtime hills. Here is the first drop:

The second image is a B&M invert that I think I designed last year, but I really can't remember. I'm posting it because the drop looks oddly familiar, doesn't it?

Vitis' drop is almost a mirror image! I knew that drop flowed too easily when I designed it...

Finally, the last shot is of Confident, an in-the-works dive machine.

Tune in next week for the next screenshot!

Post September 7th, 2015, 8:05 pm

What photo editing software do you use? The dive machine looks especially great by the way. I like the hyper too, it looks massive. As for the invert, how similar is it to Vitis' layout?
It's been a long time

Post September 8th, 2015, 5:04 am
mkingy User avatar

Nice photo editing skills.

I do like the turn around into the MCBR on the invert - looks swoopy!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 8th, 2015, 6:52 am
KG9

Coaster Hero wrote:
What photo editing software do you use? The dive machine looks especially great by the way. I like the hyper too, it looks massive. As for the invert, how similar is it to Vitis' layout?

I use LiveQuartz. I have a Mac and that was a free (or cheap) download. Essentially, it's just layering images on top of one another and moving them around. The cool angular effect I did for the first Confident image was just placing two images on top of one another and then erasing parts of the one on top to show the bottom image.

Confident is really big, yes. So is Libertas.

The invert is a lot like Vitis in that it has the same elements, but they're just taken at different times. After that loop is a large flat turn into a cobra roll, then a zero G roll which you see coming down from the right. I remember going back through all my files and telling myself to work on it, but I ended up designing Vitis and putting that out instead. This one is solid from the lift to the MCBR, but needs work beyond that.

mkingy wrote:
Nice photo editing skills.

I do like the turn around into the MCBR on the invert - looks swoopy!

That turn is rather intense! I may need to expand it a little so your brain doesn't get sucked down to your feet. :lol:

Post September 8th, 2015, 11:52 am

KG9 wrote:
The second image is a B&M invert that I think I designed last year, but I really can't remember.

Vitis' drop actually looks rider-friendly while the B&M Invert has got a neat g-force snap before going up through a vertical loop.

Post September 8th, 2015, 12:10 pm
KG9

lol240 wrote:
KG9 wrote:
The second image is a B&M invert that I think I designed last year, but I really can't remember.

Vitis' drop actually looks rider-friendly while the B&M Invert has got a neat g-force snap before going up through a vertical loop.

I agree. Vitis' is much calmer while the other one has more of a snap to it.

Post September 8th, 2015, 9:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Wow a drop on a dive machine that doesn't end in an immelman. It's a miracle!

Looks great so far. Invert reminds me of Montu for some reason.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 9th, 2015, 8:06 pm
KG9

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Wow a drop on a dive machine that doesn't end in an immelman. It's a miracle!

Looks great so far. Invert reminds me of Montu for some reason.

Well, the first drop does...because I just can't break that tradition :lol: Second drop leads into an upward helix/zero-g roll. Think Valravn, but backwards.

Post September 14th, 2015, 11:17 am
KG9

Post September 15th, 2015, 4:24 am

^ I love the beauty of this dark blue track while I actually thought that you were going to build this one with fewer beams and supports.

:)

Post September 15th, 2015, 11:04 am
mkingy User avatar

It does seem quite 'busy' for a B&M but that might just be becuase there is so much track in the screenshot!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 21st, 2015, 8:02 am
KG9

Clean is now in the hands of n7, but here is my end of the ride:

Post September 21st, 2015, 1:19 pm

Post September 22nd, 2015, 6:38 am

The station is really far from this turnaround! 4 hills away! :)

Post September 22nd, 2015, 1:30 pm

^Yeah, I noticed that too. But that's a good thing. I think airtime hills ALWAYS > turnarounds so it's awesome to have 3 of them before the turnaround. And consecutive airtime hills rule, just ask Behemoth! I always didn't like how B&M hypers have some sort of turning element early on but of course that lift hill takes up so much space that it's necessary.
It's been a long time

Post September 23rd, 2015, 6:30 am
mkingy User avatar

Post September 25th, 2015, 11:22 am
KG9

Coaster Hero wrote:
^Yeah, I noticed that too. But that's a good thing. I think airtime hills ALWAYS > turnarounds so it's awesome to have 3 of them before the turnaround. And consecutive airtime hills rule, just ask Behemoth! I always didn't like how B&M hypers have some sort of turning element early on but of course that lift hill takes up so much space that it's necessary.

Usually there is one or two hills before a B&M Hyper turns around. This time, I wanted it to be just hill after hill after hill before you finally begin to turn back around. Even beyond the mid course there are hills and double downs full of airtime. Clean is just a classic hyper coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area