Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Quick Kings Dominion Report

Quick Kings Dominion Report

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post July 30th, 2014, 10:49 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Before I start, Ill say that I dont have any pictures because my phone is shattered and I only stayed for a short time.

So I got to the park and started with Dominator because it's close to the entrance. The line was actually surprisingly long but the ride itself was above average. It's a really good floorless but could use better theming, as I thought theming is what made Bizarro top it on my personal list.

Then my brother nagged me to ride shockwave, and I actually feared for my life on that thing. Since I'm pretty tall, I didn't experience much head-boxing, but I still felt those brutal transitions. Not suprised TOGO is out of business now.

I decided to go on I-305 before lines got too long. I waited in line for about 45 minutes, which isn't that bad in my opinion. Let me tell you that thing is one beautiful mess of steel ;) . It looks a lot better in real life than in any picture or rendering. I sat in the back left seat. That cable lift is insanely fast and the lift feels a lot steeper than 45 degrees. I swear by this, it sped up at the crest and I got plastered to the restraint. The first drop is PACKED with airtime because of the fast cresting and the first flat turn is intense, even post trimmed. I blacked out and could see again by the first hill. The ride is extremely fast paced and you can feel the speed the entire ride. The twisties look rough but were actually really smooth with zero head-boxing and the restraints were just fine for me.

I was going to ride volcano but It broke down. Typical Intamin :lol:

I spent a while in the waterpark, which is great and all, but could really use an expansion (which is currently rumoured I might add)

It was almost time to leave and I wanted to ride I-305 once more but the line was ridiculous and I have the patience of a 3 year old so I just rode Dominator again which had virtually no line whatsoever.

That's all. I think I should have just rode I-305 more instead of riding all of the park's attactions, but I still had a good time. In a couple of years, with some more good rides I imagine this park could be one of Cedar Fair's flagships.

Once again sorry for the lack of pictures :roll:
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post July 30th, 2014, 10:54 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Hm. With I305, Dominator, and Volcano, and a total of 14 coasters, I would assert that it is already one of Cedar Fair's flagships. Especially considering that they have Valleyfair, Michigan's Adventure, and Dorney Park in their lineup. I had an amazing time there! They definitely need to demolish Shockwave. And even Hurler and Grizzly could be leveled for a huge addition way back in that corner in both spaces.

Post July 30th, 2014, 11:09 am

tiepilot35 wrote:
! They definitely need to demolish Shockwave. And even Hurler and Grizzly could be leveled for a huge addition way back in that corner in both spaces.

I agree with this. I think it is already a big park, but what I'm saying is it could get even better.
It's been a long time

Post July 30th, 2014, 3:47 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yea, it is definitely one of the higher up parks in the chain, since they decided to give it a Giga coaster.

Post July 30th, 2014, 7:32 pm

^Especially a extremely unique and custom one. Now Cedar Fair is just planting B&M gigas at every park :lol:

EDIT: I heard somewhere that Cedar Fair gives each park some cash and they decide what they want. Is this true?
It's been a long time

Post July 30th, 2014, 7:50 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'd love for Dorney to get a Giga coaster!
No, I don't think each park gets cash from Cedar Fair and gets to do whatever they want with the cash :P

Post July 30th, 2014, 8:01 pm

^True. Dorney does need a new coaster, not a "new" (relocated) coaster.
It's been a long time

Post July 30th, 2014, 8:03 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I know right! Their tallest and fastest coaster should not be 17 years old :P

Post July 30th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
I remember one time when I was juggling between Volcano, Apollo's Chariot, and Griffon, which one is my favorite rollercoaster? Depended on each month really, then Intimidator 305 came and blew it all away.

The only rollercoaster on the same level as I305 I've ridden so far is Skyrush and Hersheypark.

Post July 30th, 2014, 9:18 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 30th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
Actually, I don't find them similar at all. Yes, they are both as intense as anything I've ever ridden but a different type of intensity.

I305 has the speed, blackout, and throw you around

Skyrush and twisting drops, crazy ejectors, and the ONLY rollercoaster where I just say WHOA the whole time I'm riding (not even i305 does that).

Well, yeah, sounds stupid in description, but I think they are very different.

Post July 30th, 2014, 9:56 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports