Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Kings Dominion tomorrow: what do i do? (trip report)

Kings Dominion tomorrow: what do i do? (trip report)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Title explains it haha, what should I do? How should I do it?

TRIP REPORT A FEW POSTS BELOW
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 1st, 2014, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Do ride shockwave! It is a very smooth and wonderful TOGO coaster with great airtime! I loved the airtime after the loop and the Japanese helix of death.

Post November 1st, 2014, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Not sure, haha. I could use a few tips because we might go next year!

Post November 1st, 2014, 6:02 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
OhOh God cool5 you trying to kill him? Ride imtinator 305 and volcano first lol

Post November 1st, 2014, 6:10 pm

I am trying to praise how great and amazing the shockwave togo is!

Post November 1st, 2014, 7:20 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Whaaaat... Turbo in VA, weird.

Volcano first, line is longest, then I305 will be a walk on for an hour. Then do everything else in the park starting in the back.
Do not, no matter how tempting, do Dominator first, do it later, when the line is shorter.

Post November 1st, 2014, 8:56 pm
Turbo User avatar

I'm getting there at 1pm, any suggestions?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 1st, 2014, 9:13 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Its Sunday and the last day of the season, I don't think your going to run into a big crowd.

Post November 2nd, 2014, 7:18 am

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
Someone else asked the same thing a few months ago. I could copy and paste it, but for the last day, I'll just say this.

You should probably hit volcano first. Flight of Fear is probably not open right now since it was a haunted house for Halloween. I305, take advantage of the last day and ride it as much as you want, your last chance this year. Everything else should be a walk on almost. But, beware of shockwave and to a lesser extent Anaconda. Anaconda has gotten pretty rough during one part of the ride in the last 10 years. I remember when I used to like that ride, its bareable but it does hit your head on the side in one part. Shockwave I haven't rode for years.

And if you wanna meet me and my girlfriend, we'll be there today. Just let me know in this thread.

Post November 2nd, 2014, 11:39 am
Turbo User avatar

Haha I don't think I'll plan on a meet up but if you run into me say hi :) I'm sure lots of people know what I look like by now

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post November 2nd, 2014, 2:34 pm
Turbo User avatar

Queuing for volcano, pretty pumped. Going to intimidator after, anyone want to meet me now's the chance :) will be wandering after 305, so after that good luck :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post November 2nd, 2014, 2:43 pm

Tell me what you think of shockwave! You will love it I think.

Post November 3rd, 2014, 9:48 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Cool, you are the only one that loves it, everyone else hates it.

How was Volcano and Intimidator Turbo?

Post November 3rd, 2014, 3:45 pm
Turbo User avatar

TRIP REPORT

So I'm very lucky to have my gf, she's awesome and an addict like me with theme parks. The day was great! We got a really late start and still hit every coaster! We got there at 2:30 after slumming it with burger king.

The day started with Dominator since it is fairly close to the entrance. It was honestly a lot less forceful than i thought it would be. Still fun, just forceless in the areas where I thought it would be intense such as the low flying turn after the loop. Anyway, then we went for that blue woody which I can't remember the name to save my life haha. Tiny coaster and I felt like a giant riding it haha.

After walking for a little bit we hit up Volcano which kicked some serious ass! The launch was freaking awesome and comparable to a lot of cable launches which I was happy about since I'm a magnetic fanatic lol. Volcano was MUCH more impressive than I thought it would be and I was very happy about it :) the initial launch was awesome, the second one wasn't nearly as powerful but we did get a near stall at the top which scared the hell out of my gf haha (yay, free cuddles). The rolls were also much more forceful than i thought pulling a lot of negatives.

Leaving Volcano fully satisfied we went on Avalanche and that was perfect because we got to essentially lay down and chill while the cars swung. After the smooth ride we went on Crypt which was a Huss Top Spin that hovered over some fountains :) I always love those, so much fun. When the ride finished we went for a little walk over to Intimidator.

Getting there Intimidator was closed for inspection or something and i was ultra bummed. I came to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to ride it today and moved on. Flight of Fear here we come! The queue was awesome and I love the general atmosphere of the ride. The launch was recently powerful and the dark spaghetti bowl definitely ruled! Definitely one of the top 3 rides in the park. The next premier is up: Backlot Stunt Coaster. I loved this ride! It was awesome and weirdly forceful. The first helix was intense and it really held the force throughout. The dark part was pitch black which was awesome and the part before the drop into water surprised me. I thought it was a trim. I was wrong. It was absolutely a mini launch haha. It started getting dark and we still had plenty of things to do.

Next up: The Togo Devil Shockwave. This was the worst Togo I've been on. Not only did my left nut get crushed but the restraints absolutely weren't made for a guy my size haha. It had two really notable jerks that hurt, but it was the concrete bike seat that really killed the ride. Fun layout but painful.

PRETZEL TIME! We hoped for a soft pretzel but got a hard pretzel that fell apart when you tried to bite into it. Oh well, the lemonade was good :)

Onto the woodies! Rebel Yell was rougher than the Togo! Basic out and back layout but still fun. By this point it was completely dark outside and riding woodies in the dark is always fun. After we yelled for the rebel we turned the corner and went on Hurler and Ricochet. Hurler was a lot of fun but bumpy at points and ricochet was pretty much exactly what you'd expect except it was really smooth. A+ ride there haha. The last ride was called Grizzly. Man I love wooden coasters :)

After we rode everything we decided to go back to flight of fear for one last ride. Getting to the area where FOF and I305 are we noticed that I305 had reopened. We both got really excited and got to ride both the front and back of it! We loved both sections, each had its own quality. When it was first built I didn't think it needed OTSR's. I was so... Soooooo wrong. So many extreme negative and lateral G's that really fully utilized the comfort of the shoulder restraints. It was all over the place! Though the ride was fun I still think they should have had a few tall hills in there since the ride is pretty much a height staple for the park. Oh well, still a kickass ride and an awesome way to end the day :)

On the way out of the park since I was the last day of operation they handed out these smore things that were really good. It was a pretty good day and I really enjoyed the park :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,587.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Nice trip report. You should have avoided that togo lol
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Turbo User avatar

It had to be done haha. We both got bruised from it

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports