Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Mystic Timbers - Kings Island's 2017 GCI POV!

Mystic Timbers - Kings Island's 2017 GCI POV!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 27th, 2016, 9:10 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
It would be sweet if they made a giga go over the Eiffel Tower or drop down right beside it. That observation tower is like 320-ish feet too, it would be the perfect height for something like that.

Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post April 27th, 2016, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I may be in the minority, but I'm leaning away from Kings Island getting a headliner coaster for 2017. The park just got Banshee in 2014 and there are a number of other Cedar Fair parks where a big coaster makes more sense. Assuming that Cedar Fair only purchases one big coaster (aka B&M or similar) each year, I think the big one for 2017 is likely going to either Canada's Wonderland or (less likely) Kings Dominion.

So, what could it be? Assuming this is a replacement attraction for Race For Your Life Charlie Brown, I am guessing it will be more family oriented as it is likely going into Planet Snoopy. My first thought is that it could be some type of dark ride, potentially something themed to Peanuts. Cedar Fair is investing in dark ride technology now, and if Cedar Point is indeed getting one in the next couple years I could see a test done at Kings Island first with a similar attraction. Assuming it is a major attraction of some sort and not a flat ride, my other idea would be a new water ride. The log flume has been there since opening day (unless I'm mistaken) and water rides tend to be very maintenance intensive, so perhaps it is simply time to retire it and put in a new version. Either a more modern log flume attraction or a splash battle would be excellent family attractions to add to the park.

What if it is a coaster? Honestly, I'm 99% sure it won't be a giga as putting a really tall coaster right next to the park's other really tall coaster doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I do think Kings Island will get a giga in the next 5 years, but I think it is more likely to replace Dinosaurs Alive once the contract on that expires. So, looking at Kings Island's lineup and looking at family-friendly, if it is a coaster a wild mouse or perhaps a spinner (such as Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's) seem like the most sensible choices. I could potentially see a GCI as well, though with three wood coasters adding a fourth seems unlikely. Lastly, if it is indeed a big thrill ride and the rumors about Cedar Fair looking into RMC products are true, perhaps it could be the chain's first RMC, though again I don't expect a headliner attraction at the park for 2017.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post April 27th, 2016, 11:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
XLR8R wrote:
GerstlCrazy wrote:
It would be sweet if they made a giga go over the Eiffel Tower or drop down right beside it. That observation tower is like 320-ish feet too, it would be the perfect height for something like that.

Freaking loved that ride back when I played NL.

Post April 28th, 2016, 12:17 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I'm still riding that one! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
matthew6969 wrote:
I was looking at some pics KICentral put on their Facebook, and all the pics have #10thWonder in the caption

What is the significance of "10th wonder"? Is it like, the 7 Wonders of the World, plus X2, plus Millennium Force, and now this is the 10th?

GerstlCrazy wrote:

Lol god that would be so f&$king enormous.

rcdude wrote:
I think the big one for 2017 is likely going to either Canada's Wonderland or (less likely) Kings Dominion.
Cedar Fair is investing in dark ride technology now, and if Cedar Point is indeed getting one in the next couple years I could see a test done at Kings Island first with a similar attraction.
What if it is a coaster? Honestly, I'm 99% sure it won't be a giga as putting a really tall coaster right next to the park's other really tall coaster doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Both Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds both already have really big gigas (as you surely know). The point of the Cedar Fair project that they seem to be executing is bolstering up their major parks with huge coasters, knowing how successful Fury 325 was for Carowinds. The dark ride is also a decent hypothesis but their teasing behavior seems to be for something bigger, but who knows. If it is a giga, yes it probably won't be right next to Diamondback, but because both Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds have both a mega and a giga each, this idea for KI getting one is definitely feasible. Like you said maybe not in 2017 but in the next 5 years yeah, but again the teasing thus far is kind of hinting at something significant.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post April 30th, 2016, 7:13 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

Post April 30th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Post May 6th, 2016, 7:10 am

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
So is it possible for WOF and KI to get a 2017 coaster since they're both teasing this early into the season?.........

AND apparently two classic rides in Coney Mall are getting new LED Lighting packages next year?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post May 7th, 2016, 11:49 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Post May 7th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Two coasters in 1 year isn't unheard of. Both intimidators were in the same year.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post May 7th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:

...Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree. I just feel as though doing so would take away that "certain something" that gives the Tower its appeal. The place would certainly have a much busier look to it!

Post May 9th, 2016, 5:40 am

Stopped by the park as a guest after i got off and noticed some things around the park. A new cirque show is going to be going on in the Kings Island Theater. Also more construction markers are getting closer to the flume ride. There are at least 5 total, 3 in trees and 2 on the ground. ALSO, i did see a new construction marker towards the right end of the train station that was white and i think it would be for communications (phone lines etc.) Here are some pics below.
Attachments
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2261.JPG

Post May 9th, 2016, 2:55 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Post May 9th, 2016, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Soon there are going to be more roller coasters over 200 feet tall in Ohio than there are less than 200 feet.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 9th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Soon there are going to be more roller coasters over 200 feet tall in Ohio than there are less than 200 feet.

Pretty much :lol:

Post May 10th, 2016, 4:18 am

You know it could be a giga, or something by B&M, Don helbig did just recently visit Clermont Steel Factory

Well He visited Batavia

And Clermont Steel is in Batavia

And Clermont Steel makes the track/Supports for B&M.............

Post May 10th, 2016, 10:43 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Sounds like to me one great news! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post May 17th, 2016, 4:18 am

Well thanks for someone pointing this out on TPR. could this be a hint to 2017?

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/2014/t ... statistics

does anyone recognize the language used in the description? I used the "Translate to English" tool in chrome and it doesn't work.
Attachments
um..png

Post May 17th, 2016, 4:35 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
"Lorem ipsum" is placeholder text. That page for the supposed Bat wing coaster was made prior to Banshee's announcement, as a fake early leak to divert attention from inverted coaster rumors.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post May 17th, 2016, 11:58 am

Points on hand: 139.00 Points
Heading to the park this weekend for Coasterstock, I'll be glad to take some photos

Post May 17th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Points on hand: 67,131.00 Points
Ryan@CP wrote:
Heading to the park this weekend for Coasterstock, I'll be glad to take some photos

Sweet! That would be awesome and most appreciated :)

Post May 17th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Okay, so the page is from 2013/2014

THE REAL QUESTION IS: Why is it still active?...............................................Is KI getting a wing coaster?

Post May 17th, 2016, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I'm doubtful of that page being any indication of the project, both because it was created as a diversion from the 2014 project and because Kings Island already has a roller coaster called the Bat. That said, if Kings Island does get a B&M in 2017 I'd say a wing coaster is more likely than a giga coaster based on the location and size of the land. However, I'm still not sure this is a coaster, and if it is I still don't think it's a B&M. Anything is certainly possible, I just hope we don't wind up with another Invadr situation within the enthusiast community.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post May 17th, 2016, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I could be wrong, but isn't goldstriker the only coaster built in a cedar fair park recently that isn't B&M?
What are these for?

Post May 17th, 2016, 11:33 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
CKidd wrote:
I could be wrong, but isn't goldstriker the only coaster built in a cedar fair park recently that isn't B&M?

Yeah, that and Coast Rider.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!