Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kings Island's WindSeeker!

Kings Island's WindSeeker!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 24th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
WindSeeker is a new ride to debut at Kings Island in 2011

*Information tooken off kings islands official site

301-foot-tall swing ride to send adventure seekers soaring
If you think riding Drop Tower at Kings Island is a thrill (and it is ????????? riders enjoy a breathtaking view of the region as they ascend toward the sky, then take a 26-story freefall at 64 mph), wait until next year!

Kings Island will continue to change the landscape for thrill seekers in 2011 with WindSeeker, a 301-foot-tall tower that will spin riders 30 stories above the park. Seated in two-person swings that will allow their feet to dangle, riders will slowly begin rotating in a circular motion as the swings ascend the tower. At the top, the swings will reach speeds up to 30 mph, flaring out 45 degrees from the tower. WindSeeker will accommodate 64 riders (32 swings) per ride cycle.

"The addition of WindSeeker reflects our commitment to providing our guests with world-class thrills, fun and fantastic family entertainment," Kings Island vice-president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Soaring 300 feet above Kings Island will provide an exciting ride experience for our guests."

WindSeeker will be located in the Coney Mall section of the park near the Vortex ride exit.

The $5 million ride is manufactured by Mondial (pronounced mohn-DEE-ahl), a 23-year-old Dutch-based company. Riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride and will be secured with individual over-the-head lap bars with interlocking seat belts.

WindSeeker will make its debut when Kings Island opens for the 2011 season in the spring.

Head to http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/ ... seeker.cfm and you will find more information on this ride!

*All pictures from KI's official site

Ascent / Decent 50 seconds each
Capacity 1,280 per hour
Diameter 110' full swing
Manufacturer Mondial
Max Swing Angle Up to 45 degrees
Ride Time 3 min., 0 sec.
Rotation Speed 8 RPM max
Year Opened 2011

Also on the link above in this thread you can view a video of basically what the ride is so if you have time check it out.

Post August 24th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point are getting the exact same ride too.

Post August 24th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points

Post August 24th, 2010, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Yep. Looks cool. I remember the flyer thing at KD that was like this. Except shorter and you could steer it.

Post August 24th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Do you mean Flight Commander?

We need a official Windseeker thread lol

Post August 24th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Idk, but it was nearish to drop zone or shockwave or something. Agh i havent been there in so long. and had green steery wings. It was like 3 years since ive been so dont ask me.. It may be gone.

Edit: FLYING ACE at KINGS DOMINION.... they must have changed the name. I dont remember that being the name.

Post August 24th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Hopefully the "swings" will bounce up and down so there is some airtime. lol

Post August 24th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Post August 25th, 2010, 6:41 am

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
Being up so high and down near The Beast, riders may get to see some of the Beast track that's out in the woods.
Trackwalker

Post August 25th, 2010, 7:46 am

It will be weird looking at Diamondback from that angle.

Post August 25th, 2010, 7:54 am

Points on hand: 1,341.00 Points

Hate it... I hate it because everyone got one. Why would they design a Brand new never-before-seen-super-mega tall signature ride and six flags it before the first one opens?

Even Six Flags will let a new type of ride simmer for a year or two before they throw one in every park. Wtf Cedar Fair.... wtf, wtf, wtf

Post August 25th, 2010, 8:03 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

I agree, Cedar Fair is getting more and more like Six Flags every year.

Post August 25th, 2010, 8:32 am

I am soooo mad!!! They just KEEP screwing up... They screwed Geauga Lake, they screwed SOB, they screwed up Maverick, they screwed up I305, They screwed Shoot The Rapids up BIG time ugh, it so LAME.

And they just keep screwing CP over And now Cedar Point gets another mediocre super tower ride. First of all, all of them are on the SAME SIDE OF THE PARK giving the SAME VIEW. You'd think they would spread them out so they wouldn't have a retarded lop-sided skyline with TTD, Power Tower, Wicked Twister, Space Spiral, The Ferris Wheel, Magnum and now "Wind Seeker" (what does that even mean?) all on the left with only M. Force all alone on the west bank.

And they all SUCK, Power Tower only drops Half-way, Space Spiral is too slow to get to the top and then doesn't stay up there long enough, and now this... FOUR rides over from Space Spiral doing the same damn thing at the same height!

It's like when they got Maxair and built Skyhawk right after. WTG there guys! The new ride after your giant swing is.... A GIANT SWING! With a way crappier cycle to boot. Ugh BUILD A NON-SUCKY WOODEN COASTER GODDAM YOU!!!!

For all the other parks I think its a great addition. 'Specially for KI but they ALL don't need to be that tall. And CP doesn't need one! I swear on my life no matter how much I end up liking it, I'm gonna flame this ride until it falls into the lake[:(!][:(!][:(!]

Post August 25th, 2010, 10:13 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Metalkat
They screwed Geauga Lake

I'd kill my competitors too.
they screwed SOB

That was poorly constructed to be gin with and then poorly designed to compound the problem.
they screwed up Maverick

That was Stengal
they screwed up I305

That was fat people complaining.
They screwed Shoot The Rapids up BIG time ugh

Intamin. I would have bought the same design as Holiday World's ride (the prototype) assumed a more traditional layout would have worked also.
And they just keep screwing CP over And now Cedar Point gets another mediocre super tower ride. First of all, all of them are on the SAME SIDE OF THE PARK giving the SAME VIEW. You'd think they would spread them out so they wouldn't have a retarded lop-sided skyline with TTD, Power Tower, Wicked Twister, Space Spiral, The Ferris Wheel, Magnum and now "Wind Seeker" (what does that even mean?) all on the left with only M. Force all alone on the west bank.

The economy is kaput, and the company is trying to not be Six Flags and in 3 billion dollars of debt or whatever it was. Be happy they're bothering to invest in anything.
And they all SUCK, Power Tower only drops Half-way, Space Spiral is too slow to get to the top and then doesn't stay up there long enough, and now this... FOUR rides over from Space Spiral doing the same damn thing at the same height!

You all don't seem to realize that this ride will probably be scary as hell given the whole freedom of movement thing.
It's like when they got Maxair and built Skyhawk right after. WTG there guys! The new ride after your giant swing is.... A GIANT SWING! With a way crappier cycle to boot. Ugh BUILD A NON-SUCKY WOODEN COASTER GODDAM YOU!!!!

With unlimited money!
For all the other parks I think its a great addition. 'Specially for KI but they ALL don't need to be that tall. And CP doesn't need one! I swear on my life no matter how much I end up liking it, I'm gonna flame this ride until it falls into the lake[:(!][:(!][:(!]

Do you have a small penis? You seem to be jealous that all of the other rides are just as tall as the one at CP.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 25th, 2010, 11:03 am

Points on hand: 457.00 Points

Metalkat

I agreed that!!

WindSeeker is SUCK!!!!!!!![:p][:p]

Maybe these will dangerous for health for circle around many times make sick!!!

Lyle

Post August 25th, 2010, 11:39 am

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

They screwed Geauga Lake

I'd kill my competitors too.
they screwed SOB

That was poorly constructed to be gin with and then poorly designed to compound the problem.

they screwed up Maverick

That was Stengal

they screwed up I305

That was fat people complaining.
They screwed Shoot The Rapids up BIG time ugh

Intamin. I would have bought the same design as Holiday World's ride (the prototype) assumed a more traditional layout would have worked also.
Have you been on it? Stupid hot choking steam tunnel... drifting in sun... drifting in sun... drifting in sun... big hill weak splash, drifting in sun... drifting in sun 'nother stupid choking steam tunnel, little hill, lap full of warm water.

What flume ride have you been on that has the finale first and the teaser baby hill last? It's like a roller coaster starting out with a twenty foot hill and at the end going up a 140ft hill to drop directly into the station brakes. That would be backwards, retarded, and a waste of space. Just like like this stupid flume ride. F***ing stoopit. It's like they are slowly un-learning how to run an amusement park.

The economy is kaput, and the company is trying to not be Six Flags and in 3 billion dollars of debt or whatever it was. Be happy they're bothering to invest in anything.

If they are going to invest even when everyone is hurting, that's all the more reason to make sure that your investments maximize their earning potential. By putting the identical ride at the only two large scale parks you then cancel out that revenue from people who would have been willing to travel to try a new experience. i.e. Why drive down to KI to ride the same thing I just got off here at CP? Give it to the park that needs it most which is KI and just let CP sit tight this year, we just got a new ride.

You all don't seem to realize that this ride will probably be scary as hell given the whole freedom of movement thing.

Is it an Aviator? Or a Flying Turns? Or even the Space ship ride thing at Disney? That would be thrilling! No, it's not. Freedom of movement? None, just sit and twirl. It's just a giant Yo-yo.

Have you ever even ridden a Star-Flyer before? Same thing. A Yo-yo elevator. In fact, Mondial is getting CP sued for copying the Star-Flyer apparently. BTW, according to the company that makes "Star-Flyer" their model for CP was going to be 400ft. tall anyway. Read up first, comment later.

With unlimited money!

Ravine Flyer II is the best wooden coaster I've been able to get on and it's flat out f**king amazing! 6th in the world I believe, and at $6,000,000 (according to rcdb)CP could have built that ride 4 times over with over a mil to spare for what they paid to build Maverick, and Waldameer even had to buy land and build a steel over-pass bridge to set it up and fight developers to let them do it. And for both coasters the economy sucked then too. CP coulda had a good non-record breaking wooden coaster for prolly 4 mil easy. How much did this thing cost?

Do you have a small penis? You seem to be jealous that all of the other rides are just as tall as the one at CP.

I have a big penis and I'm glad you are thinking about my cock[:D] And you quoted me on saying that I think CP DOESN'T need one and then say that I'm jealous other parks are getting one. LOL you must work for Cedar Fair[V][V][V] I think that it's a good signiture ride for KI, I guess Knott's too but to break the record for "Giant Yo-yo's" at all the parks simultaneously is a huge waste of marketing and money. I think KI should have the tallest. And they don't need two in the same state. Cedar Point is my home park, but I'd rather have more reasons to trek down to KI and enjoy the differences then have the same thing at both parks I felt the same about MaXair vs. Delerium. One of the two should have been a jump2.

Nice family ride, but if you are used to a 400ft spinning face-plant, or waiting for that sudden S&S free-fall, or MF wholesome goodness, a Yo-yo Space Spiral is not gonna be that thrilling there are too many better thrill rides that are just as tall in the same area. That's why CP doesn't need one. I wish the CP one would go to Vallyfair! they really need one.

AND they are gonna take out Ocean Motion for it! That ride has more over-all airtime then anything but Magnum and Power Tower IMO. I love that ride[:(]

P.S. They didn't even name the damn thing, that's just the product name.

Post August 25th, 2010, 12:17 pm

Message to all 1337 F4n8011111zzzz:

Quit moaning, Fags.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post August 25th, 2010, 12:30 pm

What ever happened to CP naming theirs Stratosoar? I heard they were having issues with the TM...but are they just dropping the TM now?

Post August 25th, 2010, 12:42 pm

Yepz I guess they would have to. I can only see them naming it Stratosoar if they kept the original 400ft. plans with the Star-flyer. Now it's just a Gigasoar and that sounds kinda like a cheesy Godzilla enemy lol

Post August 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post August 25th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Post August 25th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Just a quick question:
How did they screw up Maverick? I love that ride.

On WindSeeker... If that ride doesn't "Sway" or "Bounce" at the top, then that ride will be the most boring ride at Cedar Point. You are going to wait hours, at the opening, for a 3 minute Carousel. I am sure the view will be amazing, and the floorless fact is awesome, but if there is nothing "Special" about the swing, the ride will not be worth any wait.

Post August 25th, 2010, 1:41 pm

I'm glad you are thinking about my cock[:D]

Wait.

What?
You're happy a male is thinking about your penis?
Iz U Dizzy Bluhd?
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post August 25th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
win. [lol]

And metalkat, that should be your cue to shut the hell up. You're not funny, hell you're not even annoying, you're just throwing a love hissy fit over what will probably be a fun ride for families, and is really not that big of a deal in the long run. Once the economy kickstarts again, I can guarantee you that we'll be in for quite the treat at CP, so wait until then, and then you can bitch about this some more.

Post August 25th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
...it looks completely insane. Why are people calling it boring/family/same-as-everything/waste/etc whatsoever? There's nothing like this at Cedar Point, or any of the parks they're being built at.

This is, in fact, not an Observation Tower.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!