Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Knott's Berry Farm Announces VR Showdown in Ghost Town!

Knott's Berry Farm Announces VR Showdown in Ghost Town!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Knott's Berry Farm and VRstudios Unveil Details of "VR Showdown In Ghost Town" - The First Permanent Free-Roaming, Virtual Reality Experience at a U.S. Theme Park

Knott???s Berry Farm, its parent company Cedar Fair Entertainment and VRstudios announced today the details of the first permanent installation of a free-roaming, multi-player VR experience in a U.S. theme park, which will be located inside the Knott???s Berry Farm Boardwalk Arcade. A new custom and industry first virtual reality (VR) experience, ???VR Showdown in Ghost Town??? will make its debut in April, and is exclusively available at Knott???s Berry Farm.

The immersive and interactive VR attraction will invite guests to embark on a time travel adventure, which will transport them to a futuristic version of Knott???s western town of Calico. Players will be met by robotic creations and embark on a daring mission with other groups of players to defend the town.

The one-of-a-kind immersive experience perfectly combines virtual reality and a competitive gaming realm that will captivate guests. Armed with state-of-the-art wireless virtual reality headsets and futuristic blasters, multiple players will compete against one another for the highest score and bragging rights, as part of this immersive adventure, while striving toward shared team goals. At the end of the VR competition, guests will be able to view and compare scores with their fellow opponents.
???We are always looking for new and exciting ways to entertain our guests,??? said Christian Dieckmann, Cedar Fair???s Vice President of Strategic Growth. ???By using a free-roaming system, we can take full advantage of the capabilities of VR and let our guests be the stars of the show. A majority of people have not yet experienced VR, and we anticipate there will be a lot of interest from guests to have their first taste at our park.???

???VR Showdown in Ghost Town??? is one of the many exciting new experiences coming to Knott???s in 2017 and will be available to guests at an introductory price of $6.00, in addition to park admission.

For further updates and park information please visit knotts.com or download the Knott???s Berry Farm app for your smartphone. Join the conversation about the new virtual reality experience using the hashtag #VRShowdownInGhostTown on the Knott???s Facebook or Twitter page.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Six Flags, take note. This is how you do VR right.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Points on hand: 3,893.00 Points

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,208.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

Pretty much
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 1,319.00 Points

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
You know what this reminds me off? The shootzone minigames in Thrillville. :lol:

Kinda too bad to see it's an upcharge. But it will keep the queues short(er).
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
You know what this reminds me off? The shootzone minigames in Thrillville. :lol:

Kinda too bad to see it's an upcharge. But it will keep the queues short(er).

I LOVED THOSE :D
Taron>Helix get mad

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Exactly, that one yeah! :lol:

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Kahlari resorts are actually also doing this sort of thing, and I believe they actually started it. I don't remember if their resort in Sandusky or Wisconsin Dells has the first one, but they just opened up one here in their Pocono resort(a little over 20 minutes from me)
What are these for?

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wow RCT3 should have had neat mini games! They needed gimmicks! :roll:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Here's a video showing some gameplay

And here's an article going more in depth
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Neo Wild West Gun Shooting! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

That looks worse than the thrillville game. :lol:

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!