Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Reviews Knotts Berry Farm - Park and Ride Guide

Knotts Berry Farm - Park and Ride Guide

Staff approved theme park reviews are posted here. Read the sticky topic for details in posting your reviews.

Post November 27th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
As you all know, Knott's Berry Farm is a medium sized amusemant park in Buena Park California. Here is a Park Guide I put together for anyone that has never been to Knott's and may be going there on a park trip or other coaster riding event.

Park Guide:

When the park first opens for the day, you will find a lot of kids rush to Silver Bullet, and the lines for the invert will quikly get huge. I suggest that you make your way to the back of the park and quikly ride either Xcelerator, Supreme Scream, Boomerang, or Perilous Plunge. You will have some time to ride these rides before the line picks up as the crowd makes it's way to the back of the park. If you would like to save Xcelerator in the back for later, you can always rush to the left and catch some morning rides on Ghostrider, or you can run to the right and either go past Silver Bullet and ride Montezomma's Revenge and Jaguar, or of course a sharp right into Planet Snoopy where you will find Sierra Sidewinder. If you decide to head left to ghostrider, It might be a good idea to catch a ride on Pony Express before the lines get long. If you do head to Silver Bullet at the beginning, It will be a long wait and don't expect to wan't to get on again. Silver Bullet's lines are smallest normally during lunch, dinner, or late at night before the park closes. Ghostrider normally has long lines too, so the same rules apply here.

Ride Guide & Review

Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet is a great ride that packs force and inversions in a unique layout. Front seat is the only way to ride silverbullet, as the other rows are hard to see. The best seat in the house would be front row, left seat due to when you go on the overnamked turn, the only thing keeping you from falling sideways to the ground is the restraint, which creates a wonderful feeling.

Rating - 9/10

Ghostrider

Ghostrider is a thrilling CCI that packs a punch. Ghostrider has great airtime, wonderful CCI laterals, and fun shakiness. Since the drop goes down to a 50 degree angle, and the quickly into a 45 degree straight segment for the rest, the drop gives a wonderful feeling in the back seat as you eject out of your seat, then hover in mid air the rest of the way down, and finally slam into laterals in a barrage of wood. Ride in Back row, right seat at night for best experience.

Rating - 9/10

Pony Express

Pony Express is by far a very ovverated ride. The restraints hurt, The total ride time from the start of the launch to the brakes is 15 seconds, and the lines are long. The ride itself is fun, but short at best. 90% ot the ride is waitng for the launch and waiting in the brakes.

Rating - 6/10

Sierra Sidewinder

Sierra Sidewinder is a very fun Mack Spinning coaster that packs a punch for its size. The cars spin heavily and the head choppers/near collisions are plenty! Sierra Sidewinder is a great addition to the park and a wonderful coaster. For best experience, ride facing backwords in back car at night.

Rating - 9/10

Perilous Plunge

Perilous Plunge combines a steep drop with a wet splash. As most water rides, it is ridden most often when it is hot outside, so try to snag a ride in during lunch or dinner.

Rating - 8/10

Boomerang

Vekoma Boomerang.

Rating - 5/10

Log Jammer

While it's not Splash Mountain, it is still a good ride.

Rating - 7/10

Supreme Scream

Supreme Scream is a remarkable S&S Power tower that slowly lifts you to a hight above 300 feet, then pulls you down with about 1 G of force. Ride at night for the best experience.

Rating - 9/10

Xcelerator

Xcelerator is a great ride, and while being the first of it's kind, it is still one of the more famous. The top hat, if in front row adds great airtime as you crest. While in the back row, going down is just as fun. The sweeping over-banked curves that follow are wonderfully forceful and smooth. Xcelerator is good to ride any time of day.

Rating - 9/10

Jaguar

A fun little custom Zeirer Trivoli that zips overhead of the park and hazs two lifts. this ride is actually pretty cool because you go through the loop of Montezuma's Revenge. You also fly close to some trees. Compared to other Zeirer Trivloli's, this ride is pure heaven.

Rating - 9/10 (compared to other trivoli's)

Montezuma's Revenge

A great Schwarzkopf with strong forces. Just like the other Schwarzkopf shuttle loops, this ride packs a punch in a small layout. Ride in back seat for the stealor view at the top of the tower.

Rating - 9/10
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post December 1st, 2010, 9:37 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
you do realize that because your ratings are based on your opinion, which i completely respect, your scores are subjective. for example, what you rate as an 8, such as perilous plunge, i may rate as a 5. i don't mean to put you down in any way, just putting that out there.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post December 1st, 2010, 9:39 pm

^i know...

Post December 1st, 2010, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I give Rip Tide a 10/10 for being the best ball-crusher in the world!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post December 1st, 2010, 9:44 pm

Originally posted by rcking04

I give Rip Tide a 10/10 for being the best ball-crusher in the world!

Yeah, rip tide is teribel. The one at SFNE is the worst though.

Post December 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm

no, you don't understand. when Gerry and I went on it, it got 2 extra spins in on the way down, with ball crushing forces.
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post December 1st, 2010, 10:34 pm

It was horrible! The ride-op was like, "That never happened before..."

I couldn't walk right the rest of the day!

Post December 1st, 2010, 11:19 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

[lol] You guys are officially sterile.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post December 1st, 2010, 11:19 pm

check ur paypal oscar >:O
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post December 1st, 2010, 11:39 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

It came in pesos [:(]
Paradox wrote:

Post December 1st, 2010, 11:40 pm

Originally posted by Oscar

[lol] You guys are officially sterile.

If you weren't having baby mama drama, you could have been there! [stoning]

Post December 2nd, 2010, 2:05 am

Trust me guys, the one at SFNE is way worse. The SFNE one makes you sterile. I had burieses on my balls that lasted for a week. Riptide just hurt alot.

Post July 6th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 111.00 Points

I agree that Knotts has room for an Impulse without taking out any rides. It would go between Ghostrider and Bigfoot Rapids. However Knotts would have to take out a ride if they wanted ANY Hyper at the park. Just Please just DONT TAKE OUT MONTY Boomerang is fine with me though.

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
bruh wtf not only has boomerang been gone for 2 years but like why respond to this thread now
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Olmisery wrote:
bruh wtf not only has boomerang been gone for 2 years but like why respond to this thread now

cuz it is relevant to what he was searching :)
Paradox wrote:

Points on hand: 67.00 Points
Nice report, I was thinking about visiting Knotts Berry Farm with the kids. It's been really informative, thanks a lot!

Post August 12th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I think he's some form of AI bot. His responses are "human-like" and moderately relevant to the topics posted but they are nonsensical in meaning
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Return to Theme Park Reviews