Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Kumba inspired project needs a name

Kumba inspired project needs a name

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 28th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
As usual, I'm making another B&M style sit-down that's not following B&M standards. This one, however, is inspired by Kumba and has a similar drop into the loop. I'm currently supporting the lift with the B&M track connectors from L Bosch's object set, and I don't expect this to be finished for a few weeks anyway.

Vertical forces +3.8/-0.1
Lateral +/- 0.5~1.0
Speed ~50-60 MPH
Height 135 feet
Length 3143 feet

Supports on one side of the loop, and the big supports for the zero-g.

A couple supports from the station and one on the lift.

Last edited by NightwindElf on March 1st, 2013, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post March 1st, 2013, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Hmmm. Will it be something demon themed?
The layout looks really cool. Is that an inclined dive loop in the third screen?
The red looks slightly too bright IMO.

Post March 1st, 2013, 12:46 am

It's not supposed to be an inclined dive loop, but I suppose it kind of does that. It's just supposed to be a turn around, to be honest.

I'm not really planning on a demon theme, but that could work. I don't have Sketchup, so I don't plan on making any objects on my own. I have AutoCAD, so that might work for a few things. On that red color, I'll probably tone it down to look more "flat" with the black. It's just a temporary color right now.
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post March 1st, 2013, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points

Post March 1st, 2013, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Where can I get those track/support connectors?
American Eagle Lover

Post March 1st, 2013, 1:20 am

http://bit.ly/YDloGP

Edit: I looked more closely at the picture. It's not an inclined dive loop, SkyArrow, it really is a turn around.

Post March 1st, 2013, 3:05 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post March 1st, 2013, 11:04 am
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post March 1st, 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally posted by RideWarriorNation

what happened to the water coaster

That was an Atlantis themed Intamin. That's on my other computer. The one that needs a new motherboard.

Edit: Anyone want to test this? I need someone that can help build a station, because the track intersects the default station. I have an idea for how it should look.

Post March 1st, 2013, 10:45 pm

Laying the ground work for the station. Yes, the hammerhead element goes through the station, yes, it's been tunnel tested. No, I won't be keeping the 3ds catwalk there, it's just a place holder for now.

Edit:

The station is pretty much done. Just need to add some color to it, and a couple of other things.

Edit 2:

Station is done!

Post March 3rd, 2013, 12:12 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Fly by above the station lol? Man I feel sorry for the guests who would want to ride this.

Post March 3rd, 2013, 9:36 pm

Lift and drop supports are done. The two main supports on the loop are done, too. I toned down the red color to look more "flat" with the black. Any ideas for a name?

Edit:

Here's some screenshots of inversion shaping.

Dive loop

Zero-G

Loop

Post March 3rd, 2013, 11:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Your second halves are always so bland looking. Like you put your efforts to everything before the mcbr and then screw it after. If coming up with a post mcbr section is difficult, I would recommend not using one. I can think of one great B&M and one decent one without one. both in the same park
What are these for?

Post March 4th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Post March 4th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points

Post March 4th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points

Post March 5th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post March 7th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Supports are coming along nicely. I had to get a little creative in a few spots to avoid a tunnel fail.

Post March 7th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Not really, just a little bit of online research and mimic the B&M supporting. It takes a little longer but with far better results. Right now, and as mentioned from others, loop support and zero g supports are rather awful looking to me. Even the lift supports don't seem to be in the right positions. It's an interesting layout and looks fun. Curious as to why it's a 6 car train instead 8? Makes the station look funny to me.

Remember this is just constructive criticism. Not trying to hark on you. :)
Do Not Look At My Hard Hat Threads I Am Not Advertising My Rides In My Posts' So Please Don't Look At My (insert Coaster name here) It's Not In The Hard Hat Area

Post March 7th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Originally posted by NightwindElf

not following B&M standards.

How do I fix this?

Post March 7th, 2013, 6:15 pm

You need to connect the supports to a different node.

Post March 9th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Supports are almost done! Expect an upload today or tomorrow.

Onjin: I would go with real world examples, but I only have certain track connectors. B&M can make a connector that fits the exact angles that they need. I have to use what I have. Therefore, creativity.

Edit: It's done. http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/19544

Return to Hard Hat Area