Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Lake Compounce: Phobia - New For 2016

Lake Compounce: Phobia - New For 2016

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:02 am
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

What ever happened to the fear of darkness? Fear of clowns? Spiders!?

If they don't put theming on this, I'll be deeply upset...

Other then that, as much as I hate to say it this is a pretty decent addition for the park. Can't wait to see more.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:02 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
^^Wow. I'm surprised it got leaked at all, let alone this late in the game. So it is one of those Tempesto/SFDK type coasters... I feel dumb for not knowing now. Not a bad addition but I can't help but expect a little more; though a park like this is a much better fit than BGW

It's still the only launching coaster in New England so huge props to LC for beating out SFNE in that. I actually am very hyped for this ride as it will be perfect for LC. I've heard that they are a lot of fun so I really don't care if other people hate that it's a clone. Just because it's a clone doesn't mean it's a bad ride.

Blase Rhine wrote:
What ever happened to the fear of darkness? Fear of clowns? Spiders!?

If they don't put theming on this, I'll be deeply upset...

Other then that, as much as I hate to say it this is a pretty decent addition for the park. Can't wait to see more.

The park owner said some of the phobias were meant to throw the guessers off. Even if it isn't a hit with the enthusiast community I know the GP will be all over it.

July 10th is finally here and we are super excited to announce that we will be getting a new rollercoaster in 2016 named Phobia Phear Coaster! The Phobia Phear Coaster will be the 1st triple launch coaster in New England! With all the clues we gave you over the past week, did anyone guess correct? Stay tuned for a sneak peek soon!

Last edited by Paradox on July 10th, 2015, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:03 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
The ride logo "Phobia" somehow reminds me of a relocated "Zonga". Seriously Twisted and Launched! :)

Last edited by lol240 on July 10th, 2015, 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:06 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I hate these things so much they annoy me when ever they get annouced

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:09 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
^
What's wrong with it? It sounds like it will be lots of fun, and a perfect fit for a park of LC's size.

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:10 am
Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
I hate these things so much they annoy me when ever they get annouced

Just because they are clones does not mean they are a bad ride. It's a launched coaster and it's 45 minutes away from me. I couldn't be happier.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:11 am

^to many in the world and I hate the layout plus I got a friend that was in my face how "Temptesto is the best coaster around"

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^And there's a Batman: The Ride clone in every major themepark in Texas. Problem?
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:15 am
Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
^to many in the world and I hate the layout plus I got a friend that was in my face how "Temptesto is the best coaster around"

So now it can't be a good ride? There are only 3 in America and two outside of the country. Tempesto is pretty far from CT and Superman is all the way on the other side of the country.

That and:

MAXIMUM BUTTHURT ACHIEVED
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:17 am

^don't worry ill show you in a few weeks what a good coaster is

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:27 am
Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
^don't worry ill show you in a few weeks what a good coaster is

Deere you are just upset because the ride isn't what you wanted. It isn't what I wanted either, but the more that I think of it the more excited I get as I realize this is perfect for a small park like LC and will bring them a lot of business so that their next big coaster doesn't take 15 years of waiting.

You are so butthurt right now and you don't even live near the park so I don't know why you are getting so worked up over this lol.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:32 am

^I was thinking about visiting it a lot more and moving back up there after I finished school

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:34 am
Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
^I was thinking about visiting it a lot more and moving back up there after I finished school

Ew why in the world would you move back to CT. Stay in Florida.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:37 am

^hometown family up there WC a lot closer to stuff like cedar point sfgadv Hershey park stuff like that

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:38 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
I feel like in a way being an enthusiast can kinda ruin the experience of a new coaster. You see all these awesome looking YouTube POV's and NL2 creations and then your home park announces an off the shelf clone and you're disappointed, while the average Joe who isn't so studious about coasters in general will likely just assume it's completely new and be more excited than the enthusiast who is disappointed about it being a clone.

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:40 am
Paradox User avatar

SkyArrow wrote:
I feel like in a way being an enthusiast can kinda ruin the experience of a new coaster. You see all these awesome looking YouTube POV's and NL2 creations and then your home park announces an off the shelf clone and you're disappointed, while the average Joe who isn't so studious about coasters in general will likely just assume it's completely new and be more excited than the enthusiast who is disappointed about it being a clone.

Same here! The GP are giving great reception to the ride so far and I can't wait. While I am a bit bummed that it wasn't a coaster like Helix with 4 launches, I have heard great reviews from this ride.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:45 am

^LC will need to learn from me with my latest project

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:49 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I hate to be that guy, but I'll go out on a limb and say I don't think they'll learn from you with your latest ride.

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:54 am

^don't this coaster will get done or ill go mad trying

Post July 10th, 2015, 9:55 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
SkyArrow wrote:

Exactly. ;)

Post July 10th, 2015, 10:01 am
Paradox User avatar

dcs221 wrote:
I hate to be that guy, but I'll go out on a limb and say I don't think they'll learn from you with your latest ride.

Where's the like button when you need it?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 10th, 2015, 10:07 am

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Deere, why are you self advertising your rides over completely different topics. Its not clever, nor funny, and rather annoying. Especially when your throwing it in our faces for it to be the next best ride. Stop, seriously, its very obnoxious and is only shows how self centered you are.

in other words, I think this is a great announcement for the park. Good way for them to sort of start their business back up in hopes for more extreme rides in the future (as this will surely draw in a good crowd). The ride itself looks extreme and forceful as well, definitely can't wait to ride it when I visit the park next year.

Post July 10th, 2015, 10:09 am

dcs221 wrote:

this will be for furture reference for there next coaster

Post July 10th, 2015, 10:29 am

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
dcs221 wrote:

this will be for furture reference for there next coaster

You saying that is like me saying any of my coasters could be at LC next year. Or dapalms coasters, or DCS's Coasters, or practically anyones coasters.

Just because you are subpar at making coasters does not mean they will go viral. You sound insanely self centered.
Last edited by mrcrolly on July 10th, 2015, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 10th, 2015, 10:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!