Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Lake Compounce: Phobia - New For 2016

Lake Compounce: Phobia - New For 2016

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 10th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
How is that horrible? I mean, it's absolutely perfect for that park. The biggest ride their, and it's of good expense so later in the years they can have even more money for a better ride.

In other words, have you ever ridden one yourself? I've heard from more people than I can count on my hands that the ride is much better and intense than it seems to be.

Post July 11th, 2015, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Okay just hear me out. I am not saying the Sky Loop is a bad ride. I've never been on one, and I absolutely understand that the ride is forceful and fast and I would enjoy it thoroughly. But I will never feel a clone. If rumors spilled out about a park making moves to build a new steel roller coaster, I would automatically want more than this. Like I started to say, if it was my home park and I found out they got a clone and didn't give the public a surprise or a record or a wow factor (after so long without getting a new coaster), I would not be happy.

A park can do better without spending too much extra money. And that's not debatable.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 11th, 2015, 1:05 am

Alright. I DO respect your opinion, and your reasoning is correct. However, you also have to realize a few things. For one, this IS a clone, but the next one around is a midway through the country, while the other being at the complete other side. I wasn't so excited myself to see that the new addition was a clone. But you know what? I was happy either way, for a park that hasn't had a coaster in 15 years, no matter what it is I would be happy with it. A coaster is a coaster and no matter what we are all gauranteed to have great fun with it. In all honesty, the park has definitely been running low on money so I see this as sort of a gateway to a brighter future.

I'm personally really excited and grateful for LC to have a ride like this, and I will definitely take the time to go try it out when it opens. Since I have never ridden these types of rides before, I'm sure I will have a great time riding.

Also, I want to point out that I really like the neutral standpoint you've given me. Unlike some other people here, you provided very good reasoning and gave me a clear understanding of your full opinion.

Post July 11th, 2015, 1:10 am

I know that in the next year or two Valleyfair will get a new coaster, and I actually have nightmares about it being a clone. But I hope that if it is, I handle it as well as you, mrcrolly.

Post July 11th, 2015, 1:19 am

Valleyfair doesn't seem like a terrible park, but a low budget one if that. I would expect a clone, impulse or any other smaller ride to be hitting smaller parks for times to come.

Best way to deal with it is to simply expect the worst and hope for the best.

Post July 11th, 2015, 1:48 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I have to agree with mrcrolly here - if a clone isn't within reasonable distance of another of it's type - for the vast majority of people it'll be a unique experience? Seems like a decent addition and as stated before - probably quite a large money money maker for future expansions!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 11th, 2015, 1:59 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Okay just hear me out. I am not saying the Sky Loop is a bad ride. I've never been on one, and I absolutely understand that the ride is forceful and fast and I would enjoy it thoroughly. But I will never feel a clone. If rumors spilled out about a park making moves to build a new steel roller coaster, I would automatically want more than this. Like I started to say, if it was my home park and I found out they got a clone and didn't give the public a surprise or a record or a wow factor (after so long without getting a new coaster), I would not be happy.

I literally find Sky Loop terrifying for another reason like it passes the station at top speed. It does gain speed from an almost unsupported roll! It's even different from most shuttle coasters which let the train pass the loading zone after a backward braking a bit like "Shuttle Loop" or pretty hard like "Boomerang" and "Premier Ride's Mr. Freeze".

Sky Loop would scare me! Passing that platform at top speed is similar to shuttle coaster station pass! :o
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 11th, 2015, 7:52 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Anyone notice that the promo video was made in NL2?

I'm always so happy to know that parks find our software good enough for professional use!

Post July 11th, 2015, 8:10 am

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

TTD03 wrote:
Anyone notice that the promo video was made in NL2?

I'm always so happy to know that parks find our software good enough for professional use!

I spy on-ride Skyrocket footage ;)

Post July 11th, 2015, 8:43 am

Love this psychedelic promo! I still remember that Millennium Force had such a thing in 2000... no! In 1999! So many commercial messages about the ride layout! I never thought LC would launch this kind of promo! 8-)

Those were the days:

Last edited by lol240 on July 11th, 2015, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 11th, 2015, 10:35 am

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
How is a ride a clone if you've never been on one?

People are reaching for stuff to bitch and moan about.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post July 11th, 2015, 10:48 am

^What you said makes no sense...

Ridden or not, it's definitely a clone. The debate was whether it's good or not/

Post July 11th, 2015, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
It does make sense. Yes, technically it's a clone. My point is, if you haven't been on one, what difference does it make? Yeah, you don't get to brag about having an "all new design" at your home park. Awww...I'm gonna cry... :roll:

Be glad it's still a pretty highly regarded ride that will be themed to LC specifications, and not a Larson Loop (which is what I thought it was). Plus, you still get one of the best wooden coasters in America. Sorry, I do respect others opinions, but my opinion is there is some ungrateful whining going on.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post July 11th, 2015, 8:08 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Yea I was a bit bummed at first but that was because it wasn't a mack launcher like Helix. :lol:

This is prefect for the park and will bring in a lot of people. Who cares if it's a clone or not? The Batman clones throughout the Six Flags rides are really good but people say they're bad because they are clones which doesn't make sense.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 12th, 2015, 12:48 am

Manic Monte wrote:
Yeah, you don't get to brag about having an "all new design" at your home park. Awww...I'm gonna cry...

Manic Monte wrote:
Plus, you still get one of the best wooden coasters in America.

I noticed you're referring to my comments... I hope you noticed that I wasn't hating on the actual design itself. And I doubt you read my comments fully, because LC is not my home park lol. And one of my home parks is finally getting an original layout next year. Yeah obviously the fact that a top 5 wooden coaster exists there makes a difference on the park in a whole, but independent of that, they had an opportunity to do better than a Sky Loop, and missed out on that opportunity.

Original layouts > copied layouts.

Post July 12th, 2015, 9:22 am

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
The only reason I ever wanted a new coaster at Lake Compounce was for the lines to be emptied from Boulder Dash. I think this will do the trick, so I'm happy.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post July 12th, 2015, 9:50 am
Paradox User avatar

You guys do realize they don't have enough space for a custom ride.

This is bringing me back to when Tempesto was announced and everyone was going crazy that BGW bought a clone.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 12th, 2015, 10:03 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I'm actually really hyped about this, it's exactly what LC's skyline needs. It's the only one of these in the northeast, and premier is one of the only modern companies willing to stick with lap bars on their steel rides (I can't stand OTSRs in anything but flying coasters, which really need them). Knowing how well maintained they keep Zoomerang, which is the smoothest boomerang I've ever been on, I can see this ride being great for a long, long time.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 15th, 2015, 8:25 am
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Where is this coaster going, next to the Drop Tower?
Vasco XTR

Post July 15th, 2015, 10:12 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Near enterprise I think
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 15th, 2015, 3:39 pm
Paradox User avatar

slosprint wrote:
Near enterprise I think

The enterprise is being taken out and I'm pretty sure that the station and upwards section will be there with the roll crossing over the path as they would not need supports there.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Track has started to arrive on site!

Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

A sudden change in colors? I thought it would be red and black. Hmmm, I think I would like orange better anyways :)

I guess a light blue track fits, too. :)

Paradox User avatar

mrcrolly wrote:
A sudden change in colors? I thought it would be red and black. Hmmm, I think I would like orange better anyways :)

It will have orange track and purple supports with green trains.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!