Board index Public Relations Contests [RCT2] Lakeside Park contest

[RCT2] Lakeside Park contest

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post February 3rd, 2004, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
thx Bardy!

Will have to (re-)start soon tho or I'll be too late!

Post February 3rd, 2004, 6:01 am

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

yeah progress is going slow for me as well. I havent spent much time with it but I will finish it.

Post February 3rd, 2004, 7:06 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
This looks good, a lot of the experienced RCT2 members are working on this one. If everyone will submit this is going to be exciting [:p].

btw, cjd you're on the list (--> but where are the medal lists?!?!)

Post February 3rd, 2004, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
Originally posted by cjd

The 11-inversion coaster should be no problem, because my NL coaster, Grendel had that many inversions...

Whoa...I almost named my 11-invert Grendel...[:I] I was gonna theme the whole surrounding area to Beowolf, but then realized how long it's been since I read it...[:p]

Welcome to the contest guys!

And don't get too excited G-Force...you're gonna have to judge all these entries! We won't know who won for like a month...[lol][sillyme]

Post February 3rd, 2004, 3:31 pm

Originally posted by RCTandy

And don't get too excited G-Force...you're gonna have to judge all these entries! We won't know who won for like a month...[lol][sillyme]

[lol]

I'll try to make it quick [:p] It just takes a lot of time to do it while I could already see who won when just looking at all parks for five minutes (I'm talking about the previous contest now) But you have to give everyone an explaination to please everyone [approve]

Post February 3rd, 2004, 10:39 pm

Yeah I realise how long it must take to write those long reviews but they are worth it because it's better than them just getting a placing because then they know why they got that place.

Post February 4th, 2004, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,619.00 Points

Geez I haven't even found time to start yet. I think all I've gotten done is destroying the crane and some work on the coaster.

Post February 4th, 2004, 11:36 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I'm making a whole island themed after monsters. The names of the big coasters, aptly, are "Grendel" and "Hydra". Also, I have set up a Roman-themed area with a big woodie, "Gladiator". So far, so good.

Post February 5th, 2004, 1:29 am

I tried making a second coaster but so far attempts have resulted in failure. maybe next time i go back to it I will get some results.

Post February 5th, 2004, 8:14 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Hey, CJD, you stole my 11 inverter's name [;)] I named it Gladiator lol

Post February 5th, 2004, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 5,652.00 Points
I havn't did much as well, I had been working on Glenwood Falls, the park I just uploaded here a few days ago, so most pf my time was there on that park,but I am going to try my best to get this in by time, but no promises, I have never done a 11 invert coaster before, this by far is my biggest challenge!!![dunno]

Post February 5th, 2004, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

my computer decided to (insert profane word of choice) itself. HOWEVER - I'M STILL IN!!! I had to do that QuickRestore thing that deletes the hard drive. so now I need to reload RCT2 & finish my park...I was at least wise enough to make a backup copy - lol

Post February 6th, 2004, 1:24 pm

Heh heh, well I should be done with mine by tonight or tomorrow...so you are all a bunch of suckers![:O][:p][lol]

You all just better finish! Especially you DE@NO! No dropping out, or I will make you a gorilla in my next park![}:)]

Post February 6th, 2004, 3:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,490.00 Points

sign me up[:D]. I think i might actually have a chance at winning.[:p]

Post February 7th, 2004, 2:35 am

Yeah well progress is slow but I will finish it andy.

Post February 7th, 2004, 6:56 am

GFA it turns out im VERY busy right now or working on lots of other stuff so YES IM FIRST i think i'm [exit]..--->

Have a couple stuff to sort out so... maybe nxt time.[:(]

Post February 8th, 2004, 11:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,619.00 Points

Post February 9th, 2004, 1:35 pm

D'oh! I forgot to bring my park into work today (I am temporarily offline at home), but I do have a teaser pic up here: http://www.rctcompetition.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1703

If only I could finish school/work assignments this early![lol][sillyme]

Post February 9th, 2004, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,495.00 Points

Post February 9th, 2004, 11:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

D'oh! I forgot to bring my park into work today (I am temporarily offline at home), but I do have a teaser pic up here: http://www.rctcompetition.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1703

[shocked]

That looks amazing! You'll definitely win the contest!

Post February 10th, 2004, 5:56 am

Can't say what I think about it [:p]

Anyway, I read the topic there and what Sparky said. Now dropping out because you think you will never beat someone elses park is bull of course. Contests are not only meant for fun, and the fun of winning but also as practice for other designers.

So dropping out is not an option, also not for IntaminAG. You still have 19 days left and in 19 days you can actually do quite a lot no matter how busy you are. I'll only take sign-outs on February 29.

Post February 10th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Like I told Sparky, at the very least you will get a great, detailed review of your work. I would never have posted a picture if I thought it would discourage people[V]...and before you decide whether I will win, be sure to check out the work of the competition.

Post February 10th, 2004, 3:46 pm

roger.

BTW GFA I am actually back in. I have made some new deals here meaning MEGA free time in the coming vacation so that should be easy to do... I'M BACK! BEWARE!

Post February 10th, 2004, 4:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,652.00 Points
I have not done much, and I was going to drop out, because I have so much to do already, with work and everything, BUt I decided to still give it a shot, and I am still in. I don't know what it will look like, But Andy, that park looks outstanding, I really can't wait to see it.

Post February 10th, 2004, 5:05 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Woah, that park design kicked major butt! Awesome job, RCTandy.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests