Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Largest GCI to China (Mountain Flyer)

Largest GCI to China (Mountain Flyer)

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post December 3rd, 2010, 3:42 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

Post December 6th, 2010, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post December 6th, 2010, 12:17 am
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points

Post December 6th, 2010, 12:18 am

^yes, they did.

Post December 6th, 2010, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Or basically they exported the numbers from their proprietary program into NL and thus, perfect trackwork. ;)

Post December 6th, 2010, 12:48 am

Originally posted by rcking04

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Gravity Group could have done better, and I still think it looks like that company's normal mediocre unmemorable turds that they throw out every year.

OK, That's it. I vote we drug and kidnap Matt, take him to Dollywood and seat him right on Thunderhead. Then just to prove a point, take him to Hersheypark and seat him on Wildcat. After riding both, he will see how GCI coasters run now and finally understand that GCIs are excellent coasters.

They are, but they arent TGG Coasters. And with the Timberliners and the fact we know theyll compete maintenance wise, I would agree that theyd design a more intense ride.

Even still, this ride looks amazing.

Post December 6th, 2010, 1:13 am

Originally posted by Real

Or basically they exported the numbers from their proprietary program into NL and thus, perfect trackwork. ;)
said nothing about the building in NL. I thought he was refering to the ride, not the NL trackwork.

Post December 6th, 2010, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

The trackwork is actually pretty bad in some places... The high banked turn in the first drop and the Boulder Dash-esque turnaround in particular. A couple kinks in the turnaround under the lift and the Thunderheadish turnaround pullout doesn't look like it tracks right.

Post December 6th, 2010, 1:24 am

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Is it just me or does it look like most of the airtime is mostly floater?
This is not my signature.

Post December 6th, 2010, 1:24 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Thats how all GCIs are. Long hills are sustained floater, and the small hills/banking transitions are pops of ejector.

Post December 6th, 2010, 2:30 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Wildcat was a boring piece of poop.

Lightning Racer was an even more boring piece of poop.

Roar was worse than American Eagle.

I've been told if Terminator was rough it would be even worse than Psyclone was.

That is my opinion based on the three rides I've ridden and someone's opinion I trust. Until I ride one that isn't a worthless waste of lumber, they will continue to be what I view as a terrible investment to any amusement park. Telling me the new rides are better when people said the exact same things you guys are saying now about Lightning Racer isn't going to do jack for me. I mean seriously there is no excuse for the utter garbage Lightning Racer was in comparison to the "OMFGZ BETTER THAN AN ORGY AND SLICED BREAD" reviews it got. If I'd rather ride American Eagle than all of the GCI's I've been on, they suck pretty hard.

After viewing both POV's, it still looks save for a few parts pretty drawn out and like all other active manufacturers (except RCCA if they're still in business) could have done better. The triple dip part looks nice and the concentrated section in the middle reminds me of Boss.

End of story, let my opinion be.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 6th, 2010, 5:09 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
GCI doesn't design for the demographic of intense thrill seeker. If they wanted to, they could. They design a high-quality product that as many people as possible will like, and at that they succeed. End of story.

Post December 6th, 2010, 6:54 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

Wildcat was a boring piece of poop.

Lightning Racer was an even more boring piece of poop.

Roar was worse than American Eagle.

I've been told if Terminator was rough it would be even worse than Psyclone was.

That is my opinion based on the three rides I've ridden and someone's opinion I trust. Until I ride one that isn't a worthless waste of lumber, they will continue to be what I view as a terrible investment to any amusement park. Telling me the new rides are better when people said the exact same things you guys are saying now about Lightning Racer isn't going to do jack for me. I mean seriously there is no excuse for the utter garbage Lightning Racer was in comparison to the "OMFGZ BETTER THAN AN ORGY AND SLICED BREAD" reviews it got. If I'd rather ride American Eagle than all of the GCI's I've been on, they suck pretty hard.

I partially agree with ya about those rides. Wildcat, Lightning Racer and Roar are one of the first coasters GCI has build. Imo they are fun, but compared to the newer ones that I've ridden (Troy, El Toro, George and the Dragon), They are what you've said: "A boring piece of poop."

I don't know about terminator tho. But looking at ride and layout it looks pretty dull yeah. But I'm going to wait with that verdict until I've actually ridden it.

Maybe we are getting all the good GCI's? [lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post December 6th, 2010, 7:47 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Terminator in the back seat = really, really good. I've ridden like 373 coasters and love airtime/out of control feeling, so I'm not trying to be a GCI fanboy. They do make excellent rides, Matt, you've just ridden the 3 crappy rides before they got their groove on :P.

Thunderhead, Prowler, Renegade, EK, Terminator, Ky Rumbler all excellent rides.

Post December 6th, 2010, 11:48 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by dcs221

If they wanted to, they could.

Translation: I like them too much for no reason so I'll assume they'd do it when they never have. Again the Apple Computers of coasters.

You could say RCCA could make the most intense ride in the world because "if they wanted to, they could".
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 6th, 2010, 2:53 pm
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points

Post December 6th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Originally posted by Freddie

The trackwork is actually pretty bad in some places... The high banked turn in the first drop and the Boulder Dash-esque turnaround in particular. A couple kinks in the turnaround under the lift and the Thunderheadish turnaround pullout doesn't look like it tracks right.

Most likely from the differences between their output and the input into NL. Doesn't look right but who are we to argue with the manufacturer? We all should know by now that especially TGG and GCI have versions of NL where they can import from their own software. Given probably a few inaccuracies I would still say its very, very close. Nothings going to be more accurate than an export from the actual point data into NL.

Post December 6th, 2010, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
"Translation: I like them too much for no reason so I'll assume they'd do it when they never have. Again the Apple Computers of coasters.

You could say RCCA could make the most intense ride in the world because "if they wanted to, they could"."

Actually, I've pretty much been on the ones you have...Lightning Racer, Wildcat, plus Roar. I like more intense rides, so they're not some of my favorites. That doesn't mean I think everything else sucks because I've only ridden some of their older efforts...that would be pretty silly of me. It's like saying Boulder Dash sucks because you've only ridden Kingdom Coaster/Sky Princess at Dutch Wonderland.

With that said, I know for a fact that they're intentionally not making overly intense rides like say Intamin because that's not the demographic they're after.

Post December 6th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Again the Apple Computers of coasters.

Yeah, My Mac runs smoothly with little to no maintenance. Image
This is not my signature.

Post December 6th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Originally posted by dcs221

"Translation: I like them too much for no reason so I'll assume they'd do it when they never have. Again the Apple Computers of coasters.

You could say RCCA could make the most intense ride in the world because "if they wanted to, they could"."

Actually, I've pretty much been on the ones you have...Lightning Racer, Wildcat, plus Roar. I like more intense rides, so they're not some of my favorites. That doesn't mean I think everything else sucks because I've only ridden some of their older efforts...that would be pretty silly of me. It's like saying Boulder Dash sucks because you've only ridden Kingdom Coaster/Sky Princess at Dutch Wonderland.

With that said, I know for a fact that they're intentionally not making overly intense rides like say Intamin because that's not the demographic they're after.

I personally think the best GCI is Gwazi. It has insane airtime and is a perfect ride. The other one I've been on is Terminator, and it is a good ride. No, It's not a Boulder Dash but it is a solid ride overall and offers plenty of fun.

Post December 6th, 2010, 11:32 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Really? That's my least favorite lol. I've been on 4 and so far my favorite is Renegade.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post December 6th, 2010, 11:36 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Originally posted by Jcoasters

Originally posted by Real

said nothing about the building in NL. I thought he was refering to the ride, not the NL trackwork.

i was kind of referring to both but more the NL trackwork

Post December 6th, 2010, 11:38 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post December 7th, 2010, 1:16 am

Holy Double post Batman!

--

Oh, and slos. It's only my favorite for it's great airtime in the back seat. I does need a re-tracking though.

Post December 7th, 2010, 1:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
I think im in love... Rode Thunderhead in October and loved it. Im now sold on this site's obsession with GCI.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!