Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Legoland California To Expand In 2015!

Legoland California To Expand In 2015!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 8th, 2014, 8:42 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
23189 Press Event Signage_Death Star_10in_HR.jpg

The Legoland California Resort has had an amazing decade of growth, seeing ten straight years of attendance growth. The park has expanded greatly over that time, creating new lands with attractions and even and entire family oriented water park.

2015 will be another year of growth, as seen in another round of attraction announcements today. The first of which is the addition of a large - six feet across - Lego model of the Death Star in the park's Star Wars Miniland.

The park was the first in the Legoland chain to open a Star Wars Miniland, and it has remained extremely popular. The new display will not only contain the Death Star, but also iconic film scenes including when "Luke Skywalker maneuvered his X-wing fighter thought the combat zone and trench to blow-up the station and its planet destroying super laser." Additional Lego models of Stormtroopers, a Rebel X-wing fighter pilot and an Imperial Star Ship pilot will be featured.

The new Lego Star Wars Miniland Death Star will open on March 5th, 2015.

1272338_917978281568825_2504401037446647510_o.jpg

While the Death Star is an exciting addition, Legoland California will also open a brand new themed section, named Lego Friends Heartlake City.

The area will represent a "significant investment" and be themed around the Lego Friends line of products, focusing on the lives and personalities of five girls: Mia, Olivia, Andrea, Stephanie and Emma. "The new area invites guests to sing along with Andrea at her tour bus, stroll through Lego horse stables, enjoy a building activity at one of the Lego brick tables and go for a horseback ride on the carousel in Mia??????s family ranch."

The concept art of the new area shows some of the additions, which also include a new splash play area, a large outdoor stage and the aforementioned Carousel. The Lego Friends Heartlake City expansion is scheduled to open in Summer 2015.

Credit Newsplusnotes.com

Post November 14th, 2014, 2:21 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points

Post November 14th, 2014, 11:08 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Exactly! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post November 21st, 2014, 10:26 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
LuckyK wrote:
The girl on that zipline is about to die

Hahaha :lol: never noticed that!

Post April 29th, 2015, 2:22 am

Points on hand: 69.00 Points
We just made our first visit to Legoland California and now I am back. We all share our experience with each other. Legoland is comprised of three sections- the amusement park, the Sea Life Aquarium and the Water Park. The whole park is themed around the colorful LEGO bricks. There is a log ride at Legoland that looked really fun. Visiting Miniland changed the experience from ???It???s okay??? to ???Wow, this is cool!???Hope you will enjoy a lot.

Post April 29th, 2015, 5:16 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
stevenson wrote:
Visiting Miniland changed the experience from ???It???s okay??? to ???Wow, this is cool!???Hope you will enjoy a lot.

Radical Change! I also need to say welcome to this board! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!