Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Llamaboys Construction Thread-- Project 1977

Llamaboys Construction Thread-- Project 1977

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
I like the layout and the terrain! I think there are a few spots which need some extra supports (like the helix above the water) And the end feels a bit slow but other than that this is a great coaster!

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Agreed with Herman there's a couple of spots that look a little light on supports but you've managed to use what little height you had pretty well! The surrounding scenery looks nice too - completes the picture.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Love his blue B&M Invert - the turnaround with a neat g-force snap between an Immelmann and a Zero-G-Roll, is a pretty good accent! There goes Flight Deck's intensity!

:)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 2,112.00 Points
^^ & ^^^
Agreed, the helix needed more supports. Oh well, though, too late now. Also, thanks! With this ride I tried to focus on the scenery, and I'm glad you felt it looked nice.

^
Thanks! While that ride might not become much, I'm planning on creating another Invert of similar intensity soon.

Here's a raw POV of the original Aeon track that I worked on, and nearly completed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxVDChg1uM

It may not be complete, or what I had imagined for the Aeon project, but its still a high quality and fun track.

EDIT:

Also, has anyone scripted a Soarin' type ride, or would be willing to?

Post December 31st, 2015, 7:06 am

I had wanted to see the non-inverted hilly turnaround like Fury's. The pacing after the MCBR is superb with pretty much airtime and two forceful (downward / upward) helices. I also have to say is that it's pretty nice adding a "fakey" trim at the end of a tunnel part!

^ BTW I stumbled upon your NL1 videos today and knew "Goodbye No Limits!" explaining your awesome improvement in about two years!

:D

Post January 1st, 2016, 2:43 pm

^ Thanks! I really do like that original Aeon track... Maybe I should have done more with it.

So I've wanted to make a park for a really long time now, but never had the patience to do it. I started another attempt at it a few days ago, and I'm really feeling good about where this could go. So far there are three roller coasters, an Intamin Accelerator, an Arrow Suspended Coaster, and a (currently incomplete) GCI. I'm trying to make roller coaster types that I don't usually. It seems that almost all of my designs are for B&M Inverted and Hyper coasters. Time to mix it up a bit. I plan to add 2-3 more roller coasters to the park, at least one of which will be a family coaster. Also, 3ds is already in production for the park. Here are some pics:

Accelerators Top Hat. Shaping look alright?

More layout.

The beginning part of the Suspended Coaster has two tunnels.

They're followed by some pretty intense turns.

Another forceful helix marks the conclusion.

A note for the wooden coaster:

This layout is NOT final. Everything after the first drop and raised turnaround will be re-worked.

The double-down first drop.

Another angle. Note the first raised turnaround on the other side. Everything after will be different.

Obviously the terrain and .3ds has a lot to go. I'm currently making an underground station for the accelerator, which I plan to name High Tec 2.0, after a ride I published several years ago. Also, what ride types (both coasters and flats) would you like to see added? I'm trying to force myself to try new coaster styles, so really anything is on the table.

Thanks,
Jacob

Post January 1st, 2016, 11:49 pm

Like this, we want to see more "Arrow Suspended" coasters uploaded or updated for the fanatic's fun! :)

Post January 10th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Small Update:

Finished the supports for HighTec 2.0:

And reworked the layout for the wooden coaster:

I'm really liking how the wooden coaster is turning out. 3ds is in the works, but nowhere near ready to show. What other types of rides do you think I should add?

Thanks,
Jacob

Post January 10th, 2016, 2:59 pm
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
Looks nice!

If you're trying to get a realistic park I think you also should add a slow coaster for the younger guests. Maybe it's fun to add something like this on the side of a hill next to another coaster:

Post January 10th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,067.00 Points
Very good! I like the Arrow suspended. :D The wooden coaster looks intense, too.

Post January 11th, 2016, 2:45 am

^^ The world's tamest coaster I've ever seen. Just like a choo-choo train theming one-page wonderland. :)

Post January 18th, 2016, 10:49 am

I got bored, so I added in some place holder trees (will be deleted and re-done) to the suspended coaster, and filmed a POV... Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r6q_wGsfHs

Post January 19th, 2016, 6:27 am

^ There's a good motion sickness that adds up to the ride experience! :)

Post January 19th, 2016, 6:45 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Oh nice I haven't seen a suspended coaster in awhile. I should make one! Love the Ninja influence on it.

That woodie reminds me of The Beast and Boulder Dash having a child. Very interesting layout on it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 21st, 2016, 7:19 am
mkingy User avatar

Head's up the one of the NL devs is doing a tutorial on swinging coasters this weekend!

Your's does look pretty fun, got some good swinging motion in there!
Coaster Count - 198

Post February 14th, 2016, 11:32 pm

More tomorrow.

(also..... does anybody know the download for a better ENV that works at night? This one is 6flagsmaniac's)

Post February 14th, 2016, 11:46 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

That is sooooooo neon lol.

Post February 15th, 2016, 12:45 pm

^ Haha, exactly why I need a new environment.

<Time for some more super neon pictures!>

The long weekend has given me plenty of time to work on a coaster scene I've been planning for a while. So far, I've built an Inverted Coaster, and started its station, along with beginning to lay out the path area. Here are some pics:

And finally a poster screenshot:

Right now, my first priority is finding a new environment for the park (the one by 6flagsmaniac is great, but man is neon, and it doesn't seem to work at night). Dave's environments look great, but I haven't been able to find a download. Hopefully I'll get the station for this ride done today, so I can start a second ride tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jacob

EDIT:
Also, a ton of the .3ds for this park is made by other, and they will be credited.

Post February 15th, 2016, 2:25 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I'm actually really enjoying the electric blue :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post February 15th, 2016, 10:32 pm

^ I'm starting to like it too! The only problem with it is that the environment doesn't work at night, and I was hoping to put quite a bit of attention to the night version of this ride.

--

Finished the Invert:

Station

And started a new ride:

Post February 16th, 2016, 10:00 am

^ I'm for Turbo's view! I'm digging that neon blue track! Easy to recognize in the distance! :D

Post February 18th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Quick update:

Did the supports for the dive machine (still needs to be touched up some, though):

Also starting to come up with name ideas. What do you guys think would work?

EDIT:
I'm also thinking of adding a ride similar to Jaguar at Knotts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6H9x8R5XRs). I'm not sure if it'll mesh well with the rest of the park, though.

Post February 19th, 2016, 7:11 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Does the dive machine do a twist on the drop?

Post February 19th, 2016, 7:17 pm

^ It twists about 15 degrees near the bottom, and as it pulls up.

Post February 20th, 2016, 3:19 am
mkingy User avatar

Interesting twist on the standard dive coaster.

I think a Jaguar coaster could work, you just need to fill out the entire area with buildings and foliage to ensure it does actually mesh. Might be an idea to try and build it once you've completed the rest of the park? (just leave room for a station ect. lol)
Coaster Count - 198

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area