Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Longboarding?

Longboarding?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 5th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Haven't been here in ages...well, posting anyway. Within the past year or so, I've gotten myself heavily addicted to longboard skating. I used to street skate before and it felt like you were only 'cool' if you could do tricks, which I only had some of the basics down. I also got tired of constantly pushing to keep rolling down the street, and tripping up over the slightest crack. So, I get into longboarding.

In the coaster world, I see longboards as the B&M of riding skateboards and shortboards/trick boards as the Vekoma of riding boards..one's full of graceful smooth rides where the other is all about some random new form of riding, and being a rough ride while it's at it.

For those who longboard, I currently ride a Kahuna Hydro (Super smooth, rolls forever) and a Flexdex Classic 29. (I know, it's not really a long longboard...it's a mini!)

ImageImage

The classic 29 is indestructable, can run over with car, won't snap or crack. It is not set up stock as depicted by the image...I have 'reverse kingpin' trucks on it for smooth sharp turns. The Hydro is set up stock and is perfect the way it is.

Anyone else ride?
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 5th, 2008, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points

Post September 5th, 2008, 11:30 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post September 5th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Originally posted by asaaa

o0o, thats some pretty grip tape...

That's actually the artwork below. It's got a clear coat with grits of Hawaiian volcanic sand...grips like crazy...and would hurt to take a fall landing on the board too.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 5th, 2008, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Dude, I love to longboard. Glad someone alse here does that here. I have a Sector 9 with Gullwing trucks, I go downhilling with my friends all the time.

Post September 6th, 2008, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I've always seen longboards as more interesting than a standard skateboard. Not that I'd ever take it up, but the much more classic look appeals to me.

Post March 11th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I just bought this huge 42 inch 10 ply wood used longboard for about 76 dollars, that has really really fast Travel Well wheels with very very smooth bearings. The wheels are 70 mm and provide a very nice smooth ride.

http://www.skatesonhaight.com/Element-S ... lgjpnk.htm

I live very very close to a nice development that has nice long hills to coaste down while sitting down on my board. I also love to ride my old razor scooter that has newish wheels down the hills very fast.

Post March 12th, 2016, 1:40 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ You're one of our coolest people! Skateboarding - what a funtastic sport! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Off Topic Discussion